Blowout Cards Forums
2023 Football

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > MMA - Mixed Martial Arts

Notices

MMA - Mixed Martial Arts Post your MMA Cards Hobby Talk

Old 03-15-2013, 11:19 PM   #1
Miamiheat6

Default Ufc 158 tomorrow night!!!

god i hope gsp destroys diaz,maybe it will shut him up.....i cant stand nick or nate.....lighter note the condit hendricks fight should be a good one
Old 03-15-2013, 11:22 PM   #2
GoJays

Thought about getting tickets to the show tomorrow, but my wife talked me out of it

Oh well, regardless of whether or not I'm there, I'm sure GSP will destroy Diaz!
Old 03-16-2013, 12:37 AM   #3
CAS239

^your wife has got some nerve!

GSP being my favorite fighter, I'd love to watch him fight. I will one day hopefully. I'd love to attend a UFC fight in general but we never get any in Florida. They need to bring it to at least Miami.

I can't wait to watch 158. Hopefully GSP wipes the mat with Diaz, then Diaz will blame it on his year off of training. Also interested in the Hendricks/Condit fight
CAS239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:30 AM   #4
GoJays

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS239 View Post
^your wife has got some nerve!

GSP being my favorite fighter, I'd love to watch him fight. I will one day hopefully. I'd love to attend a UFC fight in general but we never get any in Florida. They need to bring it to at least Miami.

I can't wait to watch 158. Hopefully GSP wipes the mat with Diaz, then Diaz will blame it on his year off of training. Also interested in the Hendricks/Condit fight
I shouldn't say she talked me out of it, I kinda talked myself out of it as the cheapest tickets I could find were $275/piece, but she certainly didn't encourage me to go .

That's interesting that UFC doesn't come to Florida very often. I'd think Miami would be a hotbead for UFC, with the population being rather young. Oh well, hope you get one soon!

Go GSP!
Old 03-16-2013, 01:49 AM   #5
grimmyag2

I LOVE THE DIAZ BROS

kids can fight
Old 03-16-2013, 01:52 AM   #6
Prospectorsadvantage

GSP will run through Diaz, not even on the same level talent/skill wise.

Real #1 contenders are fighting in Condit and Hendricks. Diaz doesn't deserve to be there, his mouth got him the fight. Oh and probably everyone willing to pay to see him get his face beat in.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:32 AM   #7
mickdapug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prospectorsadvantage View Post
GSP will run through Diaz, not even on the same level talent/skill wise.

Real #1 contenders are fighting in Condit and Hendricks. Diaz doesn't deserve to be there, his mouth got him the fight. Oh and probably everyone willing to pay to see him get his face beat in.
what a ridiculous statement...of course diaz deserves the fight..st pierre certainly is beatable..just ask mr. serra.......
mickdapug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:17 PM   #8
Bryanjs14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickdapug View Post
what a ridiculous statement...of course diaz deserves the fight..st pierre certainly is beatable..just ask mr. serra.......
You said deserves. He doesn't deserve anything. He just lost to Condit, how can you say someone coming off a loss deserves a title shot? Hendricks or Condit DESERVE to fight GSP, not Diaz. The UFC made this fight happen because GSP asked the UFC to make it happen, and GSP doesn't ask for many fights.

Diaz is an absolute punk. He will get destroyed and embarrassed tonight by a superior fighter (and I HATE GSP, this will be the first time I will EVER be rooting for him).
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:03 AM   #9
creamybeige

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickdapug View Post
you were saying?

diaz had ABSOLUTELY NO RIGHT getting a title shot. he should have been 3rd in line
Old 03-18-2013, 07:14 AM   #10
mickdapug

Quote:
Originally Posted by creamybeige View Post
you were saying?

diaz had ABSOLUTELY NO RIGHT getting a title shot. he should have been 3rd in line
I totally disagree...the interest in this fight post and pre proves my point...nick marketed himself this fight just like chael...brilliant..sure he got beat but so has most against gsp...thats what i meant by deserves...he went and got it...danas like don king..just promotes the fight..every fight is the greatest fight ever lol its all about the $$$$$..
Old 03-16-2013, 07:12 AM   #11
twoten01

Diaz does not deserve the fight, Johny does, how can you say Diaz does when he lost he last fight and is now fighting for the title, that is like having the Falcons advance to the Super Bowl last year even though they lost to the 49ers.

That being said GSP will run through Diaz and Hendricks, and then we will finally get to see GSP vs Silva
twoten01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:00 AM   #12
mickdapug

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoten01 View Post
Diaz does not deserve the fight, Johny does, how can you say Diaz does when he lost he last fight and is now fighting for the title, that is like having the Falcons advance to the Super Bowl last year even though they lost to the 49ers.

That being said GSP will run through Diaz and Hendricks, and then we will finally get to see GSP vs Silva
Ufc is a company whose goal is to make money...diaz/st pierre is alot more attractive then hendricks...if he gets past condit he gets his shot...its about the money bro.....and gsp bettrr not go for the finidh..its not his style..lol
Old 03-16-2013, 08:47 AM   #13
imbaked247

I cant wait for the fights. I dont think GSP is gonna run through Diaz more like ride him to a 5 round wrestling clinic.
imbaked247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:14 PM   #14
CAS239

GSP said he's going to win by something we haven't seen yet. Said he has something up his sleeve that Diaz won't be expecting.

I feel bad for Diaz takedown defenses tonight
CAS239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:41 PM   #15
fm8418

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

I also once thought the Diaz brothers were punks but once you realize it's for show and understand that, you can appreciate that they ALWAYS come to fight.
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:47 PM   #16
mma138

i never understood the attitudes . if there was a diaz shirt that said "im angry and i hate everyone " i would buy it .
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:20 PM   #17
fm8418

Their actually really nice. Their attitudes make them sellable. It's smart marketing.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:48 PM   #18
ensbergcollecto

i can count on 1 hand the number of people i have talked to that think the diaz' stuff is just an act. Everyone says that is their real selves.

I think gsp wins this 99 times out of 100 but i just have this bad feeling about tonight.

while gsp asked for the fight, no one can argue that diaz "deserves" this fight. coming off a loss and a suspension? come on
ensbergcollecto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:50 PM   #19
fm8418

whenever you see Nick talk one on one in interviews he talks almost normal, still struggles for words but nowhere near the act he puts on.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:59 PM   #20
lionsfan20

Well that was a crock Cote got rocked! That was a terrible judging job!
Old 03-16-2013, 09:06 PM   #21
773cards

Parlay-Gsp-condit-ellen
773cards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:29 PM   #22
GoJays

If GSP loses tonight, which I don't think he will, but if he does, Montreal will riot. Diaz will have to sprint back to the locker room or get the hell out. Knowing Montreal, I'd doubt they'd let him leave in one piece.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:57 PM   #23
allday_vikes

Condit should have won!!! Besides those takedowns, Condit was winning standing up and on the ground!!!
Old 03-16-2013, 10:59 PM   #24
GoJays

Quote:
Originally Posted by allday_vikes View Post
Condit should have won!!! Besides those takedowns, Condit was winning standing up and on the ground!!!
Hendricks landed some big lefts in the first. I had Hendricks winning, but not by much.

Condit definitely won the third, though.

Crowd says it all. That was one of the best fights in a while. Terrific battle.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:01 PM   #25
allday_vikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Hendricks landed some big lefts in the first. I had Hendricks winning, but not by much.

Condit definitely won the third, though.

Crowd says it all. That was one of the best fights in a while. Terrific battle.
First time I've seen Hendricks didn't want to go stand up with another fighter. Besides the few hits he landed in the first and those takedowns, he wasn't even able to do anything. Condit was beating him up on the ground and standing 2nd through 3rd round.