Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > BASEBALL BOX & CASE BREAKS

Notices

BASEBALL BOX & CASE BREAKS Post your BASEBALL Box & Case Breaks Here!

Old 04-26-2012, 04:10 AM   #1
kevinandji

Default 11 hobby of 2011 Bowman Chrome...

Bought 11 boxes from a freshly opened 12 box case. Could not buy 12th box because already sold. I have been the guy who was extremely lucky but I cannot sit down now...out of 11 boxes 3 autos missing? Wtf...this is a first. I have never missed one hit, let alone 3. The other autos were...

Kendrick Perkins

Jordan Swaggerty

Milky Mesa

Aaron Hicks

Enny Romero

2 Schaeffer Halls? Really? Ouch

And...gold auto of Chris Archer

Has others received both doubles and missing hits this badly in one case? Anyways my luck has definitely taken a turn. Either that or stay away from dealers at shows...
kevinandji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:33 AM   #2
Nm0369

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinandji View Post
Bought 11 boxes from a freshly opened 12 box case. Could not buy 12th box because already sold. I have been the guy who was extremely lucky but I cannot sit down now...out of 11 boxes 3 autos missing? Wtf...this is a first. I have never missed one hit, let alone 3. The other autos were...

Kendrick Perkins

Jordan Swaggerty

Milky Mesa

Aaron Hicks

Enny Romero

2 Schaeffer Halls? Really? Ouch

And...gold auto of Chris Archer

Has others received both doubles and missing hits this badly in one case? Anyways my luck has definitely taken a turn. Either that or stay away from dealers at shows...
Ouch man...that's an ugly case Three missing hits is ridiculous, and all Topps will do is send you three scrub autos worth $1 each. I busted four cases of 2011 chrome when it was reasonably priced, and 3/4 were money losers. I had 1 missing hit in two cases. It's so tempting with some monster cards still unclaimed, but you're going to be disappointed 90% of the time with that product.
Nm0369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:53 AM   #3
DEboxbreaker

I had 4 Snell autos in one case of BDPP total of 8 Rays auto....hate that they do that
Old 04-26-2012, 07:15 AM   #4
scruff1221

Wow, unacceptable............ive busted about 2 1/2 cases of this stuff and yet to hit one of the big auto's.....

I did hit a red auto though so I cant complain.......I woul contact topps and see if they can send you a couple of boxes are so
scruff1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:27 AM   #5
37Jetson

Ouch!! You got absolutely destroyed by that 11/12 of a case! Better luck on the next one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nm0369 View Post
Ouch man...that's an ugly case Three missing hits is ridiculous, and all Topps will do is send you three scrub autos worth $1 each. I busted four cases of 2011 chrome when it was reasonably priced, and 3/4 were money losers. I had 1 missing hit in two cases. It's so tempting with some monster cards still unclaimed, but you're going to be disappointed 90% of the time with that product.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:09 AM   #6
dthimesch

That is crazy. When it comes to Hobby I have opened 11 sealed cases and a few boxes here and there and have not had 1 missing hit yet. to have 3 in 11 boxes is just asinine.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:37 AM   #7
kevinandji

I guess it was bound to happen with all the luck I have been having with Chrome. However, I did not think it would come in the form of missing hits and double autos. It was a strange box also with many of the packs very tough to open. Never really had that problem? The boxes were sealed and shrink wrapped so doubt any tampering took place but hard to explain because the packs just were difficult to rip? Also, one other bummer was 2 USA autos had damaged corners. So missing and damaged hits...I will be asking for replacements on all when I send my bi annual package to Topps but just as mentioned they will send back 3 ass wipes which will match perfectly with the 8 autos I did get...oh well...at least Topps handles these problems whereas Panini just ignores...I do have another 7 cases (112) of value boxes on their way so hopefully luck returns...
Old 04-26-2012, 11:14 AM   #8
dthimesch

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinandji View Post
I guess it was bound to happen with all the luck I have been having with Chrome. However, I did not think it would come in the form of missing hits and double autos. It was a strange box also with many of the packs very tough to open. Never really had that problem? The boxes were sealed and shrink wrapped so doubt any tampering took place but hard to explain because the packs just were difficult to rip? Also, one other bummer was 2 USA autos had damaged corners. So missing and damaged hits...I will be asking for replacements on all when I send my bi annual package to Topps but just as mentioned they will send back 3 ass wipes which will match perfectly with the 8 autos I did get...oh well...at least Topps handles these problems whereas Panini just ignores...I do have another 7 cases (112) of value boxes on their way so hopefully luck returns...
HOLY CRAP!!!
Old 04-26-2012, 12:22 PM   #9
dlab85

I had an ugly case out of the 10 i opened, with 2 missing hits and no color auto. It remains to be seen what Topps does with that. I haven't heard anything other than they have escalated it.

uStream link - http://www.ustream.tv/channel/dlab85-case-breaks
dlab85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:36 PM   #10
advan24r

Were these the boxes you bought from the tri-star show off of Greg aka "CardShark"? I was eyeing those when I got there the first day...glad I didn't buy any.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:37 PM   #11
drc3000

U get any Crumbliss?

(trying to cheer u up by offering to buy cards that noone else in their right mind wants )
drc3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:38 PM   #12
WilsonValdez

Sounds like you should stick to the value boxes
Old 04-26-2012, 12:50 PM   #13
slugger82685

Send a message via AIM to slugger82685

Yeah with how lucky u have been with the value boxes I would just say stick with those plus they r cheaper and more fun imo
Old 04-26-2012, 12:55 PM   #14
jusdukky

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEboxbreaker View Post
I had 4 Snell autos in one case of BDPP total of 8 Rays auto....hate that they do that
I would have liked that case when I had the Rays in a group case break! O Ray autos in that case.
jusdukky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:59 PM   #15
rck1234567
Banned

if your moving the archer gold auto im interested mostly for trading
rck1234567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:27 PM   #16
mikecancelliere
Banned

Stick to the value boxes
mikecancelliere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:43 PM   #17
seancoyle

Lmk if your selling the enny romero
seancoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:49 AM   #18
kevinandji

Quote:
Originally Posted by advan24r View Post
Were these the boxes you bought from the tri-star show off of Greg aka "CardShark"? I was eyeing those when I got there the first day...glad I didn't buy any.
Yes they were. I purchased 3 and traded for other 8. Good pass because they reeked big time...I went from penthouse to outhouse in 11 boxes...first 3 boxes ripped were missing 2 autos and then doubles of Schaeffer hall and two bent USA autos...completely unacceptable with missing hits, doubles of scrub and damaged USA autos...will complain to Topps and probably get 3 more Schaeffer Hall autos...hahaha
Old 04-27-2012, 01:53 AM   #19
kevinandji

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlab85 View Post
I had an ugly case out of the 10 i opened, with 2 missing hits and no color auto. It remains to be seen what Topps does with that. I haven't heard anything other than they have escalated it.
By any chance did you notice packs with 5 cards instead of the 4 on the missing hits boxes? I believe each box that had a pack with 5 cards was missing the auto. I know for sure 2 did...Makes me think that maybe each box weighed to check for accuracy? Who knows why these things happen. I figured I would see missing hits spaced out not 3 in same case...head scratcher?
Old 04-27-2012, 02:00 AM   #20
kevinandji

Quote:
Originally Posted by drc3000 View Post
U get any Crumbliss?

(trying to cheer u up by offering to buy cards that noone else in their right mind wants )
As far as selling any cards I appreciate offers but only a collector at this point. My one sale was the red ManBan auto for $1000 to local guy to complete his rainbow. Until I start moving more than a card here and there too much hassle and responsibility but I appreciate the interest. When and if I do start moving cards I would give BO members first crack before chancing $400 to $2500 hits on ebay. This site has a ton of good info on how to both sell and protect yourself in the process...for that thanks. The horror stories makes me leery...
Old 04-27-2012, 08:22 AM   #21
LeonfromNC

i opened 10 boxes of 2011 Bowman Draft from a case and 3 of my boxes didn't have autos either... but i did pull 2 gold autos, 1 blue, 1 aflac and 5 base autos out of the other 7 boxes, so i think they were def from the same case, i just got unlucky like you with those 3.
LeonfromNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:56 AM   #22
kevinandji

I am hoping just unlucky but as stated the packs incredibly hard to rip open? The boxes with missing autos each had a 5 card pack. The other weird thing was the 4 cards are usually collated with all cards facing the same way and all 4 equally top to bottom. Many packs had cards that I had to flip around and spin 180 degrees. I remember in all my other packs all cards facing both same way and top to bottom. Is this just me being paranoid or has others had the 4 cards mismatched where you had to both flip and spin cards to line up? Again, all boxes appeared shrink wrapped and tamper free but I have opened a ton of chrome to know when opening a pack just feels different. Very strange 11 boxes in terms of pack rip feel, missing hits, collation, etc...
Old 04-27-2012, 11:39 AM   #23
dthimesch

I have had chrome packs where the cards have been flipped backwards or something weird like that. The thing that seems REALLY REALLY weird to me is that the boxes with the missing hits had a pack with 5 cards in it. I don't want to feed into any conspiracies but something sure doesn't seem right to me.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:33 PM   #24
jdbuzz44

Ive had 2 boxes so far this year missing the Auto HIT.....really not worth the time and effort to complain to topps...
jdbuzz44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:36 PM   #25
kevinandji

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbuzz44 View Post
Ive had 2 boxes so far this year missing the Auto HIT.....really not worth the time and effort to complain to topps...
If I only had a few missing hits I would agree because in my football season I had a total of 17 missing through all product rips. And guess what, all 17 sent were garbage players so not too happy. I am not delusuional, I know in football not to expect top tier replacements but damn, out of 17 I might get a known guy? Not a chance. So not expecting much when I send in my list of missing baseball product either. We will see but a missing hit auto replacement better than no auto replacement...right Panini?