Anthony Edwards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

Notices

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 08-22-2009, 11:13 PM   #1
ChicagoCubsWS

Send a message via Yahoo to ChicagoCubsWS
Default Help needed on selling...

Alright, so a couple months back I bought a collection from someone...tons of 1988 - 1995 base, I mean 50,000+ of it. Now, how do I sell it?

I was just going to pick out the better ones, Key player rookies, SPs, etc, then sell the rest. But now ive been thinking...

Should I sell them as team lots using ALL of the brands AND include the good ones, or should I just sell the 1000 card lot as one without the better cards in the mix?

What would I use for shipping also, a flat rate box to keep costs down?

Let me know your opinions...

Adam
Old 08-23-2009, 09:12 AM   #2
Cactuspies

I had A LOT of cards in monster boxes just sitting in storage. I had my dad sell them all to a dealer at a flea market for like $25 bucks, he was going to package around 25 cards together putting a decent one on the front and back and sell them for like a couple of bucks to the kiddies. Might be a thought on how to get rid of them. Otherwise just put a ton together to sell, and you should be able to fit a good 1000 into a flat rate box. There is so much of the 80s-90s cards out there it might be a tough one to move. You can always take out the good stuff and then donate the rest of the cards to a hospital or something.
Patriots 6 time Champs
catching up to johnmabry47: are you on my ignore list too? 76 and counting
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 12:22 PM   #3
ChicagoCubsWS

Send a message via Yahoo to ChicagoCubsWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
I had A LOT of cards in monster boxes just sitting in storage. I had my dad sell them all to a dealer at a flea market for like $25 bucks, he was going to package around 25 cards together putting a decent one on the front and back and sell them for like a couple of bucks to the kiddies. Might be a thought on how to get rid of them. Otherwise just put a ton together to sell, and you should be able to fit a good 1000 into a flat rate box. There is so much of the 80s-90s cards out there it might be a tough one to move. You can always take out the good stuff and then donate the rest of the cards to a hospital or something.
Ya, I usually do that where I package 25 cards, have a shiny or better player one on front, then sell them for .25 each. I usually sell out whenever I do that, but that is soo many cards, that it would take months to do it. Also I thought of donating all the extras, so if they all dont sell for $50 or $75 at my grandparents garage sale, then id most likley donate them.