Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

Notices

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Old 09-06-2012, 02:19 PM   #426
Brobocop

I would be surprised if Blowout did not get the biggest chunk of allocation. They have been behind each and every Cryptozoic release so far. They are also arguably the largest internet retailer of trading cards. So that leads me to believe they will get a big chunk and will hopefully have a fair amount of cases and boxes for sale and for reasonable prices.
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:22 PM   #427
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
I would be surprised if Blowout did not get the biggest chunk of allocation. They have been behind each and every Cryptozoic release so far. They are also arguably the largest internet retailer of trading cards. So that leads me to believe they will get a big chunk and will hopefully have a fair amount of cases and boxes for sale and for reasonable prices.
Sorry but none of this really applies. BO did not buy the Comic Liberty Defense Fund product from C, and their supply of VD was very very limited. They did stock WD1 but not in large quantities until it took off.

They will get a large chunk because they will buy from as many sources as they can. When the first batch is gone, they will pay more and rebuy and then you all will pay more. It's really that simple.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:40 PM   #428
Cujobyte

I personally think BO will only sell by the box. IF they sell by the case, it will be less than 5 cases. But I seriously think they'll only sell by the box.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:15 PM   #429
The Madbacker
Banned

Good luck to all.........

Last edited by The Madbacker; 09-06-2012 at 09:49 PM.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:25 PM   #430
THE_BEAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
Good luck to all.........
Why did you edit your post about solars guarantee?
THE_BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:30 PM   #431
The Madbacker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_BEAST View Post
Why did you edit your post about solars guarantee?
Didn't seem right to beat up on Distributers anymore.

What's gonna happen is what's gonna happen..........
Old 09-06-2012, 10:35 PM   #432
THE_BEAST

Quote:

I smell a conspiracy in the making
THE_BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:09 AM   #433
Cujobyte

Quote:

Not exactly sure what you had written, although I do remember it was in regards to Matt's policy.

I for one think that the distributors I've dealt with are doing a fantastic job, all things considering. And am very thankful to them.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:27 AM   #434
SerialKilnWalkr

Well, hopefully we have good news in the morning here at BO
SerialKilnWalkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:52 AM   #435
icancu202

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKilnWalkr View Post
Well, hopefully we have good news in the morning here at BO
Same here...I don't know how much longer I can take being on the edge of my seat waiting for these presells.
icancu202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:53 AM   #436
icancu202

Just got this e-mail from them:

"Thanks for the emails! Still no allocation, but we hope to have some up on the site sometime next week.

thanks!
Danny"
Old 09-07-2012, 07:55 AM   #437
SerialKilnWalkr

Quote:
Originally Posted by icancu202 View Post

"Thanks for the emails! Still no allocation, but we hope to have some up on the site sometime next week.

thanks!
Danny"
Except they have the allocations that is why they can say next week is when they will be putting them up, well I guess back at it Monday.
SerialKilnWalkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:57 AM   #438
icancu202

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKilnWalkr View Post
Except they have the allocations that is why they can say next week is when they will be putting them up, well I guess back at it Monday.
If they have allocations...then why not put it up for sale already?
Old 09-07-2012, 08:10 AM   #439
durstlimpbizkit

I look at the allocations right now as asking questions to your ex after a break-up.

Each question you ask leads to another question. Let's just be patient on this one.
durstlimpbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:35 AM   #440
Tim

I just noticed that Breygent's "World of Fantasy" titled thread could apply to this one as well.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:45 AM   #441
The Madbacker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by icancu202 View Post

thanks!
Danny"
That is not true. They're trying to get more product while doing cost benefit to holding cases back.

Getting just as bad as D&A.

And yes, I am calling BO out, on BO's board. Just tell the truth. THe product is extremely limited and you're trying to figure out the best course of action.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:10 AM   #442
t2554

Quote:
That is not true. They're trying to get more product while doing cost benefit to holding cases back.

And yes, I am calling BO out, on BO's board. Just tell the truth. THe product is extremely limited and you're trying to figure out the best course of action.
I don't doubt that at all. And if they do decide to offer a few cases you can be sure it will be for a premium.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:20 AM   #443
The Madbacker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2554 View Post
I don't doubt that at all. And if they do decide to offer a few cases you can be sure it will be for a premium.
Seriously, BO used to be the "Good Guys"; above reproach when it came to comparisons of D&A and Atlanta Sportscards.

In the end, they're all the same.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:05 AM   #444
icancu202

Quote:

Yeah, I'm starting to think the same as well. While I can understand the reasoning behind making a profit...making us all constantly wait, when we have no understanding of a specific date or time, is just flat out ridiculous. I can't be around my computer all morning, hoping something will appear, every single day. I have work like most people that I have to go to. I know there's a lot of speculation going around lately...but it's just REALLY weird that EVERY other competitor got their allocations, yet Blowout doesn't? Doesn't make sense. I just hope I'm not being lied to because it's just wasting my time and everyone else's time who wants this product just as much as I do!

Last edited by icancu202; 09-07-2012 at 10:18 AM.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:14 AM   #445
aggie4ever

I'm sure BO received their direct allocation from Cryptozoic. But I would guess it was fairly low (at least a lot lower than what the apparent demand is), and so BO is waiting to see what their allocations and prices from various distributors will be before putting any up for pre-sell.

The last product that was in really high demand and that was highly allocated was the Walking Dead comic cards. I don't remember ever seeing BO pre-selling that product, but of course I wasn't specifically looking for those pre-sells, so maybe I missed it. Does anyone know if BO pre-sold the WD comic set, and if so how long did it take before they sold out?
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:27 AM   #446
The Madbacker
Banned

I hold Cryptozoic to just as much fault. My understanding is that they've barely raised the production because they want their items to be "collectible".

"Collectible" and "Rare" don't always go hand-in-hand. You can have a collectible product with a high production run. You can cut the Autos to 1 every 2 boxes while upping the Sketches to 2/case. This is a rare occurrence where that would work. Enough to satisfy sellers, collectors and flippers and not make all 3 royally pissed off at you.

Again, I made the mistake that CZE was a company that actually cared about collectors and made products that people wanted, all while making a profit that they do deserve. This tells me that they just want to F*** with people with a big smirk on their faces.

So, in addition to the retailers crapping on the collectors, we now have the company crapping on collectors. Is Richard McWilliam running CZE? I've gotten more and more away from Sports cards because of the corruption and terrible quality. Now, I see the beginnings of the same thing happening here. This strategy will surely backfire on CZE.

I await the response from CZE.

Last edited by The Madbacker; 09-07-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:45 AM   #447
BengalsJayhawks

Quote:
I hold Cryptozoic to just as much fault. My understanding is that they've barely raised the production because they want their items to be "collectible".

"Collectible" and "Rare" don't always go hand-in-hand. You can have a collectible product with a high production run. You can cut the Autos to 1 every 2 boxes while upping the Sketches to 2/case. This is a rare occurrence where that would work. Enough to satisfy sellers, collectors and flippers and not make all 3 royally pissed off at you.

Again, I made the mistake that CZE was a company that actually cared about collectors and made products that people wanted, all while making a profit that they do deserve. This tells me that they just want to F*** with people with a big smirk on their faces.

So, in addition to the retailers crapping on the collectors, we now have the company crapping on collectors. Is Richard McWilliam running CZE?

I await the response from CZE.
Im actually happy with what Cryptozoic is doing. To many times companies go for the money grab and just crank the presses with no regard to the quality or collectibility of the product. Crypto is keeping the print run low and producing a quality product. Id rather open that one box packed with an autograph and two wardrobe cards for the $90.00, rather then a box that is watered down to stretch the product further then it should be and it might have an autograph and one wardrobe card. I don't see why Crypto should care about the flippers at all. They're not in the business to have other people profit off their product by hoarding the product and selling it at jacked up prices later. We complain all the time about cards not being worth anything cause they are overproduced. Cryptozoic is listening and making a product that is hot, collectible, and somewhat rare. I hope they continue to do this and have no problem with it.
BengalsJayhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:50 AM   #448
Zerokruel

I'm not sure if it is so much Cryptozoic that is holding back production. I know that when it comes to the Comic Book - they don't do second or third printings (I think?) - it's just they way they operate. So this sort of plays along with the way the Walking Dead brand has always been - in my opinion.

But I do understand the frustration. I guess what I am trying to say, I don't think this might all lay in the hands of Cryptozoic.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)

Last edited by Zerokruel; 09-07-2012 at 10:53 AM.
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #449
Brobocop

I don't blame Cryptozic at all either on this. They might not have the resources available to really crank the presses especially with Big Bang coming out right around the same time. I can't blame Blowout either because they are a business and want to make sure their customers are happy and taken care of. I don't know if you can really blame anyone or anything for this. Maybe a solution would be for something this hot one per customer on all sites. Not sure how you'd really enforce that but you'd at least give the collectors a chance to get in on the fun and not miss out because someone with deeper pockets can afford 10,20 plus cases just to flip or hold on and sell later. I don't even blame them because it's what they do, I just don't think there is a real solution that makes everyone happy on this one.

Last edited by Brobocop; 09-07-2012 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Clarification
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:59 AM   #450
BengalsJayhawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
I'm not sure if it is so much Cryptozoic that is holding back production. I know that when it comes to the Comic Book - they don't do second or third printings (I think?) - it's just they way they operate. So this sort of plays along with the way the Walking Dead brand has always been - in my opinion.

But I do understand the frustration. I guess what I am trying to say, I don't think this might all lay in the hands of Cryptozoic.
No with the comics they have done quite a few second printings.
BengalsJayhawks is offline   Reply With Quote