Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Notices

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Old 11-02-2013, 10:38 AM   #26
ExAreSee
Banned

ive literally lowered prices on everything and my sales have really picked up this last week. the start of the basketball season has helped a lot too. im accepting that ill take a loss on a few cards too.

ive sold a bunch of $5 book value stuff for under 25 cents because it was the only way. the fees are just too much quite frankly, they either need to give BV again OR lower the fees IMO.
ExAreSee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:34 AM   #27
jmscoggin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwalken View Post
Well, they have the upgrade to increase the level where a seller has to pay storage fees. Although it's really set up to only benefit maybe the top 25 sellers or so. I'm more interested in them giving some breaks to big BUYERS.
I don't really see the need for this. The site is already slanted for them. They aren't paying the submission fees, storage fees or cashout fees. The sellers are paying COMC's bills and THEY are the ones that need to be catered to. As a buyer I think card prices and shipping prices are very fair compared to Ebay. As a seller .............................. I'm quickly starting to swing back towards evil.
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:38 AM   #28
ExAreSee
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
I don't really see the need for this. The site is already slanted for them. They aren't paying the submission fees, storage fees or cashout fees. The sellers are paying COMC's bills and THEY are the ones that need to be catered to. As a buyer I think card prices and shipping prices are very fair compared to Ebay. As a seller .............................. I'm quickly starting to swing back towards evil.
id be cool with the fees as they are if they gave bv again
Old 11-02-2013, 12:48 PM   #29
brewcrew82

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExAreSee View Post
id be cool with the fees as they are if they gave bv again
Sorry but what fees do you pay?Besides the 25 cent processing and 1 cent per month for cards over 75 cent.You dont have that many cards on site.
brewcrew82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:01 PM   #30
brewcrew82

But back to the Question?I still buy but I havent sent any cards since 3 months.My last order took almost 3 months,Just not worth the hassle.So I started buying boxes.From the other company D&A because Blowout still Doesnt ship to Germany!!
Old 11-02-2013, 01:30 PM   #31
ExAreSee
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcrew82 View Post
Sorry but what fees do you pay?Besides the 25 cent processing and 1 cent per month for cards over 75 cent.You dont have that many cards on site.
the 25 cents per card fee

then 20% of every sale for "processing"

and shipping prices

i was cool with it at first but if bv were given sales would increase so it would soften the blow.

Last edited by ExAreSee; 11-02-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Old 11-02-2013, 01:31 PM   #32
ExAreSee
Banned

Quote:
the 25 cents per card

then 20% of every sale for "processing"

i was cool with it at first but if bv were given sales would increase so it would soften the blow.
if it is a card you can sell it ebay then it should be sold on ebay, its just a better financial decision. i comc the cards i couldnt sell on ebay. ebay takes roughly 14% of every sale, comc take 20% + .25 cents
Old 11-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #33
brewcrew82

Quote:
if it is a card you can sell it ebay then it should be sold on ebay, its just a better financial decision. i comc the cards i couldnt sell on ebay. ebay takes roughly 14% of every sale, comc take 20% + .25 cents
Dont Really understand your Math,Sorry.
My Shop on E-Bay cost 299,00 Euro a Month,500,00 Dollars.
Plus Pay-Pal+E-Bay 10 % Fees+Taxes.
Sorry but COMC is Cheap compared to E-Bay.
Old 11-02-2013, 02:01 PM   #34
mrwalken

Quote:
I really don't know whether COMC needs to cater more to buyers or sellers at this point. I know for sure that buyers are taking a lot fewer cards off the site compared to say, a year ago. I don't have a good sense for whether sellers are also sending in less cards. My guess is no, but I could be wrong. I don't have a good way to track that like I do with sales.

Edit: One other thought. I've noticed that the price of most cards on the site has trended down since I started selling over 3 years ago. In other words, if I look at cards I sold 3 years ago, they are most often available for less now. So, that leads me to believe that on the whole, supply is greater than demand for most cards, and the gap on COMC is probably widening. So I would say they need to cater to buyers more, in my opinion.

Last edited by mrwalken; 11-02-2013 at 02:08 PM.
mrwalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:05 PM   #35
ExAreSee
Banned

Quote:
Dont Really understand your Math,Sorry.
My Shop on E-Bay cost 299,00 Euro a Month,500,00 Dollars.
Plus Pay-Pal+E-Bay 10 % Fees+Taxes.
Sorry but COMC is Cheap compared to E-Bay.
if i sell a $100 card on ebay after it all i receive roughly 86 dollars.

if i sell a $100 card on comc after it all i receive $79.75, actually less when you factor in shipping. and still have to pay paypal.

get it now?

Last edited by ExAreSee; 11-02-2013 at 02:05 PM. Reason: spellcheck
Old 11-02-2013, 02:17 PM   #36
brewcrew82

Quote:
if i sell a $100 card on ebay after it all i receive roughly 86 dollars.

if i sell a $100 card on comc after it all i receive $79.75, actually less when you factor in shipping. and still have to pay paypal.

get it now?
No.If you sell a card for 100 You get 100.Minus check-out fees 20%.80.00 Dollars.No Pay-Pal fees because they sent money to your account.Correct me if im wrong but the difference is 6 bucks and you dont have to worry about anything.
Old 11-02-2013, 02:21 PM   #37
ExAreSee
Banned

Quote:
No.If you sell a card for 100 You get 100.Minus check-out fees 20%.80.00 Dollars.No Pay-Pal fees because they sent money to your account.Correct me if im wrong but the difference is 6 bucks and you dont have to worry about anything.
lol ok im sorry im just gonna take money and burn it now, since its only a few dollars i might as well not care?
Old 11-02-2013, 02:23 PM   #38
ExAreSee
Banned

6.25 and the shipping. 6.5% of a sale vanishes... so since its only 6.5% i shouldnt care, thats ur arguement here?
Old 11-02-2013, 02:36 PM   #39
brewcrew82

No your right.Pull your cards from the site and sell them all on E-Bay.You can make more money.Sorry I waisted your time with a few facts.
Old 11-02-2013, 02:41 PM   #40
ExAreSee
Banned

Quote:
No your right.Pull your cards from the site and sell them all on E-Bay.You can make more money.Sorry I waisted your time with a few facts.
np, your like my oldest grandson you just dont think things through.
Old 11-02-2013, 02:45 PM   #41
ajw9356

Sales should be down, too much purchase and flip on every card I would buy, so everything is up about $5 per card or more it seems and it's cheaper to purchase on eBay for about 90% of everything I want. COMC used to be great for finding reasonable low end singles. I'm sure there are still deals to be found, but not anything close to the way it was before.
Old 11-02-2013, 03:37 PM   #42
jmscoggin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwalken View Post
I really don't know whether COMC needs to cater more to buyers or sellers at this point. I know for sure that buyers are taking a lot fewer cards off the site compared to say, a year ago. I don't have a good sense for whether sellers are also sending in less cards. My guess is no, but I could be wrong. I don't have a good way to track that like I do with sales.

Edit: One other thought. I've noticed that the price of most cards on the site has trended down since I started selling over 3 years ago. In other words, if I look at cards I sold 3 years ago, they are most often available for less now. So, that leads me to believe that on the whole, supply is greater than demand for most cards, and the gap on COMC is probably widening. So I would say they need to cater to buyers more, in my opinion.
Let me put it this way.

As a buyer.

I am able to buy cards at or below Ebay in most cases. Even after you factor in .25 shipping per card I am usually way ahead of where I would be on Ebay. Especially since I wait until I have 50-100 cards purchased and then there is only the $3.00 additional shipping cost. It is far far cheaper than if I were to have bought and shipped these same 50-100 cards individually purchased on Ebay. The only problem I see for COMC on the buying end is not enough advertising. Outside of a few hardcore fans most collectors don't know they exist.

As a seller.

I have paid $9k to get my 27,000 cards listed on the site. I am the lowest or in the lowest three on most if not all of them. Then I get hit with a $30-40 storage fee every month. When I sell and cash out there will be ANOTHER 20% hit at cashout. At the very least, storage fees need to go away for large volume dealers. Ebay even offers the best sellers 20% off fees and they hate sellers. It is just too much regardless of how much of the work they do. A lot of that benefit is offset by the fact that an item may take a really long time to sell regardless of how low it is priced where Ebay items sell in 7-10 days in most all cases.

COMC needs to advertise more to attract buyers and offer incentives to the big sellers. If they don't I see it eventually collapsing. I'm already at the point of thinking Ebay is the better option again and I despise Ebay as a seller. How hard would it be to partner with Topps to get advertising on the blanks that go into the packs?
Old 11-02-2013, 07:08 PM   #43
rip+flip
Banned

IMO it sounds like the COMC guys got too greedy and they have basically ruined their site.

Sure more fees mean more money, but less sellers and buyers means less money as well.

Sounds like they have made a big mistake.
rip+flip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:42 PM   #44
phillies347

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip+flip View Post
IMO it sounds like the COMC guys got too greedy and they have basically ruined their site.

Sure more fees mean more money, but less sellers and buyers means less money as well.

Sounds like they have made a big mistake.
Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner

Instagram @southjerzsportscards & @gintage_kings
phillies347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:21 PM   #45
Swipe79

I'm sure if it was free we'd be complaining about it too.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:42 PM   #46
jmscoggin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipe79 View Post
I'm sure if it was free we'd be complaining about it too.
I don't think so. This time last year you had nothing but slobbering fanboys, myself included. You can't say that now. COMC better look in the mirror before it gets any worse.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:52 PM   #47
phillies347

Wheres Mo?

Instagram @southjerzsportscards & @gintage_kings
phillies347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:26 AM   #48
mrwalken

Quote:
I don't think so. This time last year you had nothing but slobbering fanboys, myself included. You can't say that now. COMC better look in the mirror before it gets any worse.
Well, actually, COMC has had other significant issues in the past that people complained a great deal about. And it's worth noting that some have been completely resolved, such as:

Erroneous listings -- Cards used to be listed wrong all the time, and would seem to persist that way for months on end despite many notifications to COMC. Now, errors are fixed almost instantly upon notice, and I rarely see mis-listed cards at all on the site.

Slowness -- For long stretches of time, the site would become unusably slow, sometimes for days on end. I can't remember the last time I had this problem on the site.

So, there are some issues now that seem to be hurting site traffic quite a bit, including high fees on both the buyer and seller ends, loss of beckett prices + awkward/user-unfriendly sales history interface, etc. But I am hopeful that COMC will continue to find ways to address problems to make the site successful.

Last edited by mrwalken; 11-03-2013 at 10:25 AM.
mrwalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:54 AM   #49
37Jetson

Time to dust off my COMC Cheerleader Skirt. I believe that a lot of the problems of the hobby are being blamed on COMC. If you are complaining that you can't sell your 2013 Gypsy Queen singles for more than 5-10% of book it is due to the fact that this is the most unwanted product in ages. That is not COMC's fault. Even prospector products like Bowman Draft have large quantities for sale at low prices. Does the blame that too much of this product getting ripped and flipped lie on COMC or the new state of the hobby?

I travel quite a bit with my job and would never be able to have an Ebay business so COMC is a dream come true when it comes to them doing all of the work. I have been selling on COMC for over five years and there have been many changes as they attempt to grow their business. I have not liked all of these changes, but I have made the decision to stay because it is the best overall selling option for me.

To be a broken record, I need to state that COMC is not the best selling option for all cards. If you have a not new card it should be sold on Ebay to maximize price and your proceeds. If the card will sell for 75 cents or less Sportlots is a better way to go where you do not have to pay listing fees. I do not send any cards to COMC that I believe cannot sell for $1.00. If you are sending in 1982 Fleer commons thinking you will get 75 cents each because they are the only ones on the site, then you should not be blaming society that this is a terrible idea.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:13 PM   #50
marines4me

37Jetson
You are talking about products and the problem people are talking about are fees.

NOW FOR EVERYONE ELSE

STOP complaining about having to pay more for singles. Think of it like this

I avg 100 cards a day and make $200 a day on COMC or $6000 a month
Cash out fee is 1200, I am fine with that ( Little high but I build my business model around this)
$4800 Profit
I paid on avg $.25 for each of the 3000 cards to be sent to the site
$750
Now We were paying $.15 then it went to $.20 (Unplanned increase)
Now I am down to $4050 profit

I now have to pay $30 for my beckett subscription
I pay an additional $50 for cards priced under $2.50
I pay another $150 in storage fees for cards priced over $2.50

SO COMC gets $2,180 a month from me per month

Thanks you all pay for it.

I don't run promotions any more, I don't allow 50% offer like I use to
I sell much higher than I use to because I have to, and there for you buyers are going to get less deals

If COMC raises the prices again I am going to continue to do business with them because I
don't have to worry about customer service and scams like I did in the past.

BUT THE BUYER WILL EAT THE FEES BY INCREASED CARD PRICES

I learned this in economics my freshman year of college.
marines4me is offline   Reply With Quote