Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > GAMING

Notices

GAMING Post Your Gaming Cards Hobby Talk

Old 01-09-2017, 09:00 PM   #1
marino13

Arrow Roaring Skies are being printed more ...

... so, if you are looking for that Shaymin ---- now is the time to pick up a booster box or two.

Good luck
Old 01-09-2017, 09:56 PM   #2
smalltown

I wonder if they'll end up as single boosters at Walmart and as dollar tree packs too.
Old 01-10-2017, 04:36 PM   #3
Coach J

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino13 View Post
... so, if you are looking for that Shaymin ---- now is the time to pick up a booster box or two.

Good luck
What information do you have to make this claim? That would seem unethical to print more cards that are out of date.
Also collect Pokemon Alternate Arts, Charizard, and DC Hro Mythics
Coach J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 05:22 PM   #4
smalltown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach J View Post
What information do you have to make this claim? That would seem unethical to print more cards that are out of date.
Multiple distributors have confirmed and started preselling for end of Jan. The reasoning was RS was underproduced compared to other products and his was to correct an imbalance.
Old 01-10-2017, 08:18 PM   #5
Carrbeaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltown View Post
Multiple distributors have confirmed and started preselling for end of Jan. The reasoning was RS was underproduced compared to other products and his was to correct an imbalance.
I can confirm this is accurate. But was told the nation wide printing amount will be 650 cases so there wont be much to go around.
Old 01-11-2017, 02:59 AM   #6
Cujobyte

Is this pokemon? Can anyone explain to me bout this situation? Thanks
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 01:19 PM   #7
natbornkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
Is this pokemon? Can anyone explain to me bout this situation? Thanks
Old 01-11-2017, 04:46 PM   #8
gospeed3

yay now the collectors out there can watch their values drop
Old 01-11-2017, 11:19 PM   #9
Carrbeaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by gospeed3 View Post
yay now the collectors out there can watch their values drop
Collectors? How about larger card shops and websites who had tens if not hundreds of boxes of Roaring Skies(to the tune of $150-$200 each), and just saw that investment crumble to a loss.
Old 01-12-2017, 09:55 AM   #10
doobypenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrbeaz View Post
Collectors? How about larger card shops and websites who had tens if not hundreds of boxes of Roaring Skies(to the tune of $150-$200 each), and just saw that investment crumble to a loss.
man that sucks for those investors..... but my friend will be happy because he needs my shaymins. Apparently he's building a deck called "night march". I don't play so I'm not sure what it is composed of but he said he needed more shaymin EX's and i said i'd look out for them.
doobypenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 10:07 AM   #11
Dobber2330

Quote:
Originally Posted by doobypenguin View Post
man that sucks for those investors..... but my friend will be happy because he needs my shaymins. Apparently he's building a deck called "night march". I don't play so I'm not sure what it is composed of but he said he needed more shaymin EX's and i said i'd look out for them.
Night March? Worthless now and overplayed. Not effective at all.

Tell him to build a current deck not one a year old...
Please note - I do not PM people who have interest in cards as very few people ever return such PM's. All cards are for sale and if you are interested in anything please feel free to send over a PM with an offer. PM's that say, "How much is XXX" or "What is your best price on XXX" without an offer will not be returned.
Dobber2330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 12:06 PM   #12
Soxrule111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobber2330 View Post
Night March? Worthless now and overplayed. Not effective at all.

Tell him to build a current deck not one a year old...
Wow, you sound like a prick lol.
Soxrule111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 12:52 PM   #13
Dobber2330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soxrule111 View Post
Sorry - my sarcasm must not be coming through.

My point to the poster was that to buy Shaymin EX in order to build a deck that is a year old is not a great idea. The deck Night March is not a current standard format deck. It can be played in the expanded format but most tournaments that are being played are in the standard format and not expanded.

It was a very solid deck and played well but at this time there are a ton of cards that counteract the attacks of the deck. There is a legal card called "Karen" that really makes this deck ineffective.

My point should have been clarified - spending $40 each on Shaymin Ex's to play a deck that is not current seems like a waste of money. That being said Shaymin is very versatile and plays well in a lot of decks.

If people are interested in what decks are currently playing well they could search for recent regional tournament results and take a look at those deck lists.
Please note - I do not PM people who have interest in cards as very few people ever return such PM's. All cards are for sale and if you are interested in anything please feel free to send over a PM with an offer. PM's that say, "How much is XXX" or "What is your best price on XXX" without an offer will not be returned.
Old 01-12-2017, 01:17 PM   #14
marino13

(I dont play personally, but I do collect the cards)

At these tournaments -- do players play for keep? By this I mean, you lose, you leave your deck behind. That would be a lot fun, no?

Keep recycling your deck(s) -- that sounds boring.

And do you know in advance what deck you playing against? Or you only know when you are ready to play?
Old 01-12-2017, 01:36 PM   #15
Dobber2330

Quote:
(I dont play personally, but I do collect the cards)

At these tournaments -- do players play for keep? By this I mean, you lose, you leave your deck behind. That would be a lot fun, no?

Keep recycling your deck(s) -- that sounds boring.

And do you know in advance what deck you playing against? Or you only know when you are ready to play?
No- you play multiple rounds with the same deck and once a tournament starts no changes can be made. I have never seen the game played where other cards are kept - I am sure that it would discourage new players from even attempting to play if they lost all of their cards as they learned.

Some of the decks that are played in tournaments are "blinged out" and contain cards that are very valuable. A lot of decks that are shuffled and played are worth over $1000 (real ebay cash value)

You don't know what you are playing against until you turn your cards over when starting the game. There are a lot of people that play similar decks but each one can have some tweaks in it depending on the player. It really sucks to be playing a great deck and come up against a mediocre deck that you lose to just because some of your pokemon are weak to what they are playing. That is what keeps players on their toes.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:11 PM   #16
marino13

Quote:
No- you play multiple rounds with the same deck and once a tournament starts no changes can be made. I have never seen the game played where other cards are kept - I am sure that it would discourage new players from even attempting to play if they lost all of their cards as they learned.

Some of the decks that are played in tournaments are "blinged out" and contain cards that are very valuable. A lot of decks that are shuffled and played are worth over $1000 (real ebay cash value)

You don't know what you are playing against until you turn your cards over when starting the game. There are a lot of people that play similar decks but each one can have some tweaks in it depending on the player. It really sucks to be playing a great deck and come up against a mediocre deck that you lose to just because some of your pokemon are weak to what they are playing. That is what keeps players on their toes.

Thanks for the reply ---

I would learn how to play if "playing for keep" happened - it would be more fun.

And yeah, it would keep a lot on their toes also.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:50 PM   #17
doobypenguin

Quote:
Thanks for the reply ---

I would learn how to play if "playing for keep" happened - it would be more fun.

And yeah, it would keep a lot on their toes also.
kind of like pogs?
my parents found a "slammer" in my old room the other day lol
doobypenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 03:07 PM   #18
Cujobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soxrule111 View Post
If he wanted to sound like a real prick, he'd just say "grow up n' play magic". lol Or poker.....
Old 01-13-2017, 07:28 PM   #19
pokemonliam
Banned

Picked up 3 of the 3 packs from Toysrus tonight first time in awhile I've seen them on the shelves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
pokemonliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 01:08 PM   #20
LBSB333

Quote:
Sorry - my sarcasm must not be coming through.

My point to the poster was that to buy Shaymin EX in order to build a deck that is a year old is not a great idea. The deck Night March is not a current standard format deck. It can be played in the expanded format but most tournaments that are being played are in the standard format and not expanded.

It was a very solid deck and played well but at this time there are a ton of cards that counteract the attacks of the deck. There is a legal card called "Karen" that really makes this deck ineffective.

My point should have been clarified - spending $40 each on Shaymin Ex's to play a deck that is not current seems like a waste of money. That being said Shaymin is very versatile and plays well in a lot of decks.

If people are interested in what decks are currently playing well they could search for recent regional tournament results and take a look at those deck lists.
I started playing the online version to learn how to play the game. This game is more complex than I thought. Although I've never been much of a card game play either, so maybe they are all like this. That Karen card would have been great against this person I played who kept discarding his cards, and then used Bee Revenge to knock out my cards with one hit.

So what's the average price for box now? I see listings on eBay for $110-$115. Did prices start dropping already?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 01-17-2017, 02:09 AM   #21
Cujobyte

I still do not know what the hell happened, a card got reprinted? Happens all the time in magic. Guess i am missing something.
Old 01-17-2017, 02:54 PM   #22
sengman

I love the fact that this set is getting reprinted. There are very many good and useful cards in this set like Shaymin EX (Obviously), Rayquaza EX/Mega, skyfield, double dragon energy, trainer's mail, mega turbo, and vs seeker.

I like the fact that these cards will be available at a lower cost, especially when you need specific cards to make a certain decks and having 1 deck is not enough.
Old 01-18-2017, 12:50 PM   #23
Armadillo Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
I still do not know what the hell happened, a card got reprinted? Happens all the time in magic. Guess i am missing something.
They gave an old set another print run, not entirely unlike what happened with Eternal Masters a few weeks ago.
Armadillo Al is offline   Reply With Quote