Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Notices

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Old 09-01-2009, 05:22 PM   #76
fungi2510

I am excited about the promos, and have worked together probably 500 cards that I have been waiting to send in. Right now seems like a great time to do it. Thanks Tim!

Check me out on Sport Lots.
http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=dmkeil02
fungi2510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:29 PM   #77
cardsrus1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casebreaker View Post
dont know if its been asked yet or not, but i would like to see counters on each listing if possible, it would be nice to know what cards are most popular...
The popular cards have already sold It would let people know if their prices are too high though.

Buying 2002-03 BAP Signature Series Short Print autos I need.
I can always be contacted through AOL.com
cardsrus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:30 PM   #78
ragingmensan

I was lucky enough to see myself featured in the Customer Testimonial and the Card Spotlight at the same time on the front page today!

I wonder how much promo space like that would have cost me on eBay.

Thanks again, COMC!
Old 09-01-2009, 10:59 PM   #79
phs

Just a quick question for long time comc users--what percent do you usually run as outright purchases compared to offers?
I'm slowly getting some material together to send and I was just wondering if its better to just drop your price to exactly what you want or do you constantly get offers regardless of price?
I was making a few purchases to flip later on if the guys heat up and I was trying to group 10-20 together with the make an offer thing and it is a fairly slow process because you have to filter back in the results you wanted every time you click add another card to the offer. Is there a better way or that it?
Thanks in advance--
phs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:08 PM   #80
37Jetson

I would estimate that around 70% of my cards sell at the Asking Price. I price most inserts at 75% to 80% off and most Game Used 60% to 70% off. I would further estimate that about half of the offers that I receive are at the minimum 50% of the asking price.

Good cards with good prices will always move quickly. You have the power of not accepting or countering offers so I would encourage you to experiment a little bit with your pricing strategy to see what works best for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phs View Post
Just a quick question for long time comc users--what percent do you usually run as outright purchases compared to offers?
I'm slowly getting some material together to send and I was just wondering if its better to just drop your price to exactly what you want or do you constantly get offers regardless of price?
I was making a few purchases to flip later on if the guys heat up and I was trying to group 10-20 together with the make an offer thing and it is a fairly slow process because you have to filter back in the results you wanted every time you click add another card to the offer. Is there a better way or that it?
Thanks in advance--
Old 09-02-2009, 10:47 AM   #81
dooly

How about adding "RC logo" cards for the september promo for baseball to coincide with september callups?
dooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 05:55 PM   #82
cardsrus1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsrus1 View Post
My cards have still not been corrected! I am over half way to being charged storage fees for the cards

I am also still getting cards that I have not flagged "Not For Sale" showing up under that option.

If you are still looking for ideas for specials I would recommend hockey cards, any and all
Hey Tim, do you have that many errors that need to be fixed?

Buying 2002-03 BAP Signature Series Short Print autos I need.
I can always be contacted through AOL.com
cardsrus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 06:08 AM   #83
iluvfish2

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

I agree with Jetson, I use 75% off as my starting point for inserts. I figure this allows someone to make an offer if they'd like, but also leaves a fair buying price if someone goes that route. Good news from me though, I hit $3500 in sales today!
Old 09-04-2009, 09:47 PM   #84
VinnyH

Default Great service...

I wasn't really surprised but my cards were due to post on Sept. 12th and I got Steve's email today, the 4th, saying they were done. How many other companies get our jobs and requests done early.

Kudos to COMC,
Vinny
I admit, I like collectibles for the action. Buying, selling, prospecting, gambling, etc., are parts of the fun. I will say that being older than many here I just can’t justify sticker autos. Give me a nice on-card auto and I feel that little connection to the signer.
VinnyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 10:18 AM   #85
pedro45kobe8

I was card surfing this morning on comc and I noticed that all of the 2004 Bowman Ervin Santana's have the wrong fake signature on them. The folks at Bowman had inadvertently use Johan Santana's auto instead of Ervin's! Apparently no one caught it b/c it's not an ERR card or even an UER.
pedro45kobe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 10:46 AM   #86
ragingmensan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedro45kobe8 View Post
I was card surfing this morning on comc and I noticed that all of the 2004 Bowman Ervin Santana's have the wrong fake signature on them. The folks at Bowman had inadvertently use Johan Santana's auto instead of Ervin's! Apparently no one caught it b/c it's not an ERR card or even an UER.
This is a great observation! I didn't know about this until now but I figured it out after doing a little research. You'll notice the following things:

-All of Ervin Santana's facsimile cards have that signature, even after 2004.
-This "Johan Sanatana" signature doesn't match his authentic signatures since his cards have been out.
-His facsimile doesn't match the facsimile of NYM's Johan (which in turn matches Johan's authentic). Given this, it becomes clear that they haven't been using Johan's signature for this the whole time. Sooo...
-As Wikipedia will tell you, Ervin Santana's birth name was, yes, Johan Santana. This is what he went by until 2003, and this is how he signed the contract that his facsimile signature had been pulled from. He changed his name shortly after signing this contract to avoid confusion with the star pitcher on the verge of his own national exposure.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:04 AM   #87
pedro45kobe8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingmensan View Post
This is a great observation! I didn't know about this until now but I figured it out after doing a little research. You'll notice the following things:

-All of Ervin Santana's facsimile cards have that signature, even after 2004.
-This "Johan Sanatana" signature doesn't match his authentic signatures since his cards have been out.
-His facsimile doesn't match the facsimile of NYM's Johan (which in turn matches Johan's authentic). Given this, it becomes clear that they haven't been using Johan's signature for this the whole time. Sooo...
-As Wikipedia will tell you, Ervin Santana's birth name was, yes, Johan Santana. This is what he went by until 2003, and this is how he signed the contract that his facsimile signature had been pulled from. He changed his name shortly after signing this contract to avoid confusion with the star pitcher on the verge of his own national exposure.
A+ for your research on Wikpedia! This is definitely very interesting to say the least.
pedro45kobe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:30 AM   #88
cubfan131

Has anyone else sent in cards this month and tried to use the $10 blowout credit? I did and was charged the full amount. I didn't know if I will be getting it back when the cards go live or if they missed it on my order sheet.
cubfan131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 11:21 AM   #89
ohiomike

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubfan131 View Post
Has anyone else sent in cards this month and tried to use the $10 blowout credit? I did and was charged the full amount. I didn't know if I will be getting it back when the cards go live or if they missed it on my order sheet.
I haven't submitted cards through the website process in a long time, since some of the changes were made. Do they put a hold on your funds when you fill out the submission form or when they receive the cards? If its when you fill out the online form, then you will probably get the $10 back when they receive the cards. If they've already received the cards, then it is probably an oversight. I think the instructions said to include your Blowout user name with your shipment, requesting the $10 discount... so if you did that and they have the cards and its still wrong, I'd either call them on Tuesday or e-mail the staff account.

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 12:56 PM   #90
sidelinecards

they hold the funds when they get the cards.

Has anyone use the bulk pricing tool? I am trying to figure it out? I have my prices all set on the site now but I am wondering how I can have a sale and mark everything down 20% acroos the board?
Old 09-07-2009, 05:24 AM   #91
jefflasvegas

The bulk editor is very handy, especially in your scenario. You can have all your cards go down by certain percent or a specific batch to do the same.
jefflasvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 02:37 PM   #92
ddearing

Where do I find the bulk pricing editor? I surfed COMC for a while and couldn't find it. It was probably right in front of me and I missed it, but a little help would be appreciated.
ddearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:01 PM   #93
yazevans

Bulk Price Editing (Beta) « CheckOutMyCards.com Blog

Haven't seen anything about it coming out of beta yet, but here's the original blog post.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:48 PM   #94
ddearing

I just got my second group of cards listed and they got them up over a week early! They are doing a great job of getting things listed lately. I think they are well on their way to more sales records!
Old 09-11-2009, 12:52 AM   #95
h4auto
Banned

I am buying BV $25-$200 cards(stopped buying lower priced cards for now, the shipping kills the lower end cards).

Looking to buy about 100-200 cards in this price range.

Must be 80%book(more is better).

** EDIT: Please keep this thread on topic, you can post a new thread here instead: Ebay/CheckOutMyCards/Online Selling/Shows - Blowout Cards Forums **

Last edited by admin_blowoutcards; 09-11-2009 at 09:54 AM.
h4auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:15 AM   #96
ddearing

Me too. Always looking to buy high dollar stuff.

** EDIT: Please keep this thread on topic, you can post a new thread here instead: Ebay/CheckOutMyCards/Online Selling/Shows - Blowout Cards Forums **

Last edited by admin_blowoutcards; 09-11-2009 at 09:54 AM.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:25 PM   #97
pearljam_cubbies

Send a message via AIM to pearljam_cubbies

Ive been price cutting again so check out my cards~!!!
All Topps Heritage Cubs team sets
pearljam_cubbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 01:29 PM   #98
Cactuspies

just wanted to post that comc & blowout had a great turn around on my gift cert. redemption. Less than 24 hours from giving comc notice to when bo sent me the gc code. Could have been a timing thing, but this is good and just in time for weekend specials!

h4auto and ddearing take a look at my cards, I have a few ion the $25+ range and will be willing to adjust if necessary, PM me on any interests.

azsoxpatriots's Cards - CheckOutMyCards.com
Patriots 6 time Champs
catching up to johnmabry47: are you on my ignore list too? 76 and counting
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:35 PM   #99
Brad68to96

I got my first order from COMC today. I ordered 3 low end McCutchen cards I needed. The shipping was fast and professional, but one fo the cards was pretty badly dinged. The bottom right corner is showing alot of white on a blue surface. I'm not trying to complain, it was only a $2-3 card. However, the photo did not show the degree of damage I received.
Brad68to96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:16 AM   #100
h4auto
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad68to96 View Post
I got my first order from COMC today. I ordered 3 low end McCutchen cards I needed. The shipping was fast and professional, but one fo the cards was pretty badly dinged. The bottom right corner is showing alot of white on a blue surface. I'm not trying to complain, it was only a $2-3 card. However, the photo did not show the degree of damage I received.
The "handling" is unknown. I also would like to know the storage policies. I think they might be storing the cards Unsleeved. I got my 450 cards 99% unsleeved and its just fine. But the chrome and refractors i got are SCRATCHED up. I didnt complain to Tim because i have no idea if the sellers are sending in unsellable cards to COMC or it all got damaged at COMC.
Some problems:
1- Have a patch card, the back had "writing indentations $20" I suspect the original seller sent this card in cause it is definitely not selling condition on Ebay or anywhere else. NOT COMC fault.

2- I bought some chromes (20-$40 bv range) which i cannot sell due to the scratches, Dont know if sellers sent it in or it was damaged during handling,shipping or ????? unknown cause.

Will just check out none glossy cards for now, Tim if your reading this, i would like to know how the cards are being handled(sleeved or non sleeved after scanning). I can see how some sellers might be sending unsellable cards to COMC and due to flipping and stuff can never trace the damage to the original seller. Food for thought.

Tim, if you are storing the Chrome cards UNSLEEVED, you gotta handle them a little better cause when packed tight with other unsleeved cards they get scratched up easy. Just some suggestions. It may seem like i am complaining, but to took over 1000 cards in had so far, so i only got like 10-15 cards that i see problems with(not that bad) but almost all the chrome type cards had pretty bad scratches, so i see a problem that a casual buyer might be turned off by one purchase and never come back.

Also Tim, remember that most the people here are "flippers"(nothing wrong) so they dont see the condition first hand after purchase. Eventually, if a card gets flipped 5 times,etc,etc.. and the final person takes physical delivery of the card in a condition not as scanned(like the previous post), that would be a turn off for first time buyers.

I am not complaining, i am giving suggestions to better your site(i really like the concept of COMC) from a "shipped" Buyer of cards.
h4auto is offline   Reply With Quote