Blowout Cards Forums
2024 Baseball

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Notices

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:15 PM   #1
JosieD

Default Guilty Pleasure

I used to drink 2-3 Mt. Dews per day, pre cancer. I often joke that is probably the reason I got cancer even though it was most likely genetics. I stopped drinking Mt. Dew completely but realized I really missed the taste and they kept coming out with all these new flavors. So, I now drink one per week. Every Sunday night, I have a Mt. Dew at work. They used to have 6 different flavors spread across 3 vending machines. Now, there are only three: Live Wire (orange) Code Red (red) and Original (green). Tonight, I am having a live wire.

What is your guilty pleasure?

Day of Breakfast Fundraising: $480
Current total: $130
JosieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:17 PM   #2
lambeauleap87

Same here...Mountain Dew. During the summer, I was drinking three a day between Voltage and Dark Berry. Finally decided that was just too unhealthy and have cut back to one or two a day on the weekends only.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:19 PM   #3
BostonNut

Dunkin' Donuts Extra Large Mocha Coffee with a Turbo Shot....

They are taking a day off of my life every time I have one but I just can't give them up...
Proud owner of JBLR post and reply #10,000!
Forum Unity Complete!
BostonNut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:20 PM   #4
theautographkid
Banned

I always used to drink Monster. Now I have it maybe once a week
theautographkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:27 PM   #5
TFD50

BBQ Pringles...
TFD50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:30 PM   #6
fullmetal
Banned

Doin' it and Doin' it
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:35 PM   #7
Ooosh

Diet Coke -- I stopped drinking it for about 8 months but didn't feel any different (thought I might have...). Now I drink it if I go out for a meal.
Ooosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:36 PM   #8
WilsonValdez

Hmmm.... Hot Fries, Funyuns, any sort of sour gummi things. I could probably go on.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:58 PM   #9
Nicnac

my guilty pleasure is probably the healthiest one here... I can't imagine putting any crap in my body in this day and age, adding to the genetically modified foods, super pesticides in our fruits and vegetables, antobiotics fed to livestock, etc.

My guilty pleasure is hot english tea with a dash of milk (and not even any sugar).
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:10 PM   #10
JosieD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
my guilty pleasure is probably the healthiest one here... I can't imagine putting any crap in my body in this day and age, adding to the genetically modified foods, super pesticides in our fruits and vegetables, antobiotics fed to livestock, etc.

My guilty pleasure is hot english tea with a dash of milk (and not even any sugar).
Just out of curiosity, are you a vegetarian?

Old 10-28-2012, 08:11 PM   #11
Sqeeshy

Quote:

Wow real risk taker right here JK

My guilty pleasure is Xtra Cheddar Goldfish. Oh my..... the delicious, cheddary goodness!

PC: Jemile Weeks
Sqeeshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:40 PM   #12
Nicnac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieDively View Post
Just out of curiosity, are you a vegetarian?
No. My wife and I try to eat healthy and we abandoned Wal-Mart many years ago for Target, then Target for a nice local chain, and more recently, the local chain for Whole Foods.

With the recent news that 'the evil seed company whose name starts with an M' is readying new vegetables that are resistant to stronger pesticides (not coincidentally to be introduced together with those stronger pesticides made by Dow), our days in this country might be numbered. Understand that what I mean by this is the pesticides are so poisonous that it would kill vegetables, but not the ones 'M' is readying to force on the major farmers next year.
It's wrong that corporations can force their 'creations' (genetically modified fruits and vegetables that they own patents on) on farmers, then use that to force them to buy newer stronger poisons just to help their buddies make more dough, with the FDA in their pockets while we, the peasants get poisoned.
There are some truly evil companies in this country, truly truly evil, and it's tremendously sad and disgusting that the government is in their pocket.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:43 PM   #13
Nicnac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqeeshy View Post
Wow real risk taker right here JK

My guilty pleasure is Xtra Cheddar Goldfish. Oh my..... the delicious, cheddary goodness!
Yups... a recent scare told me I can't ignore what I put into by body, trusting corporations who care only about getting that last fraction of a penny out of everything at any cost.

We live in an age where we cannot assign blame for our diseases on any one chemical, or food, or the water we drink, and corporations know this. Therefore, once you get the government to look the other way, put whatever you want in the food chain and rake in the cash.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:45 PM   #14
tnarg

Anal.....
tnarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:46 PM   #15
Ooosh

Quote:
No. My wife and I try to eat healthy and we abandoned Wal-Mart many years ago for Target, then Target for a nice local chain, and more recently, the local chain for Whole Foods.

With the recent news that 'the evil seed company whose name starts with an M' is readying new vegetables that are resistant to stronger pesticides (not coincidentally to be introduced together with those stronger pesticides made by Dow), our days in this country might be numbered.
It's wrong that corporations can force their 'creations' (genetically modified fruits and vegetables that they own patents on) on farmers, then use that to force them to buy newer stronger poisons just to help their buddies make more dough, with the FDA in their pockets while we, the peasants get poisoned.
There are some truly evil companies in this country, truly truly evil, and it's tremendously sad that the government is in their pocket.
Out of pure curiosity how do you determine what to buy and what not to buy? Produce labeled 'organic'? Do you place higher value on local over organic or the other way around?

Dairy - what kind of yogurt do you buy? Stirred, Greek strained, goat's milk yogurt? Non-fat, full-fat? Raw (unpasturized might be the other term? Milk? Soy milk? Rice milk? Almond milk?

Protein - do you eat soy? Grass-fed beef? Free range chickens? Non farmed fish? What about eggs?

Do you avoid wheat? Gluten?

I know these are a lot of questions but I really am just curious. Trying to figure out where I should draw my own 'line' so to say.

Sorry for derailing this, Josie!
Old 10-28-2012, 08:46 PM   #16
mmbtvs
unregistered

Black tar heroin. It's so addictive.
mmbtvs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:48 PM   #17
theautographkid
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
You my friend, have balls.
theautographkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:50 PM   #18
JosieD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooosh View Post
Out of pure curiosity how do you determine what to buy and what not to buy? Produce labeled 'organic'? Do you place higher value on local over organic or the other way around?

Dairy - what kind of yogurt do you buy? Stirred, Greek strained, goat's milk yogurt? Non-fat, full-fat? Raw (unpasturized might be the other term? Milk? Soy milk? Rice milk? Almond milk?

Protein - do you eat soy? Grass-fed beef? Free range chickens? Non farmed fish? What about eggs?

Do you avoid wheat? Gluten?

I know these are a lot of questions but I really am just curious. Trying to figure out where I should draw my own 'line' so to say.

Sorry for derailing this, Josie!
That is ok, those are all great questions and I am also curious. My mom started using bulgar in a lot of her meals. Have you started using any additional wheats, etc. in the place of meats?

Quote:
I didn't know you chased the dragon.

Old 10-28-2012, 08:51 PM   #19
JosieD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnarg View Post
Anal.....
I take you have a job where you stand all day?

Old 10-28-2012, 08:55 PM   #20
Ooosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieDively View Post
That is ok, those are all great questions and I am also curious. My mom started using bulgar in a lot of her meals. Have you started using any additional wheats, etc.
I personally like meat so I would rather not remove it from what I eat. I thought I was having trouble digesting wheat (or gluten, but I may just be a sheep/sissy in that regard) but I'm not too sure. I like bread but try not to eat too much and have been using brown rice in my meals more often. I'm going to try to eat more quinoa and I generally stay away from pasta (even though I love it!)

I also don't want to turn into too much of a hippy.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:57 PM   #21
Orangejello727

Guilty pleasure was a local farm that made their own beef jerky. I could easily go through a bag 400 grams within a weekend. Sodium content would eventually kill me so I gave it up cold turkey!! lol. Havent had any since 2003
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:59 PM   #22
Orangejello727

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooosh View Post
I personally like meat so I would rather not remove it from what I eat. I thought I was having trouble digesting wheat (or gluten, but I may just be a sheep/sissy in that regard) but I'm not too sure. I like bread but try not to eat too much and have been using brown rice in my meals more often. I'm going to try to eat more quinoa and I generally stay away from pasta (even though I love it!)

I also don't want to turn into too much of a hippy.
Maybe the timing of carbs in your diet affect your digestion?

I had this issue. I removed carbs from my last meal (dinner) because I tend to be less active after work when I get home. I added more to my breakfast. This helped me digest and burn my carbs much easier.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:59 PM   #23
Sqeeshy

Quote:
Oh my god. Change your avatar.....

PC: Jemile Weeks
Sqeeshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:54 PM   #24
frozenntimesports
Inactive Account

Quote:
We live in an age where we cannot assign blame for our diseases on any one chemical, or food, or the water we drink, and corporations know this. Therefore, once you get the government to look the other way, put whatever you want in the food chain and rake in the cash.
30 years from now we're going to find out that everything causes cancer and we're all f-d.

In the mean time, my guilty pleasure is Nacho Flavoured Slim Jims and 44 ounce Coke slurpees.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:00 PM   #25
vc15jrich23
Banned

I have a thing for sweet foods any type of candy, cake, pie, ice cream in fact I think I may go make some banana flambe with vanilla ice cream and chocolate drizzled on top with whip cream.
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote