AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 05-01-2013, 09:21 AM   #1
mrmoz55
Inactive Account

Default Chris Paul Free Agency Discussion

I thought this would make for an interesting topic. So no the clips are down 3-2, if they end up losing the series, do you guys think he will end up leaving. The clippers are good, but i don't think they will ever be able to make it out of the western conference.
mrmoz55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:28 AM   #2
mrveggieman

I don't have him leaving. The clips have a good young team and can offer him more money than any other team. Plus he gets to be in the sun and fun of southern california.
mrveggieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:32 AM   #3
mrmoz55
Inactive Account

i mean what if an opportunity opens up that would be tough to turn down. if the knicks can some how get ride of Amare's contract. they could end up offering him a big deal.
mrmoz55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:45 AM   #4
pepsiporch
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmoz55 View Post
i mean what if an opportunity opens up that would be tough to turn down. if the knicks can some how get ride of Amare's contract. they could end up offering him a big deal.
Knicks are like 50 million over cap they need to get rid of more then amare
pepsiporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:39 AM   #5
440shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmoz55 View Post
Sorry but 0 chance ANY quality PG goes to the Knicks and they have success. Look at how it worked with Amare and Melo and neither of them bring the ball up the court. Melo is very very good at doing what he does, is it good enough to win a championship? We shall see, but to think that another ball dominant player would work in NY with Melo is crazy. I know, I know CP3 distributes like no other, but what will he say and do when he passes the ball to Melo and then the play stops so he can go one on one? Happens all the time every game. Felton is actually the best type of PG for that team.

And yes the Knicks would need to get rid of a lot more than just Amare's contract to offer a deal to anyone. Getting rid of Amare gets you near the cap, in order to offer CP a max you would need to lose another 20 million
14-15 The Cup Limited Logos
440shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:42 AM   #6
Jef

Quote:
Originally Posted by 440shane View Post
Sorry but 0 chance ANY quality PG goes to the Knicks and they have success. Look at how it worked with Amare and Melo and neither of them bring the ball up the court. Melo is very very good at doing what he does, is it good enough to win a championship? We shall see, but to think that another ball dominant player would work in NY with Melo is crazy. I know, I know CP3 distributes like no other, but what will he say and do when he passes the ball to Melo and then the play stops so he can go one on one? Happens all the time every game. Felton is actually the best type of PG for that team.
And yes the Knicks would need to get rid of a lot more than just Amare's contract to offer a deal to anyone. Getting rid of Amare gets you near the cap, in order to offer CP a max you would need to lose another 20 million
spot on.

with a guy like Melo, you need a PG who knows his role and can just provide ENOUGH quality when the shot clock is winding down and they need to get off a shot.

i am not a knicks fan, and dont think they have much of a chance against miami, but they are built surprinsgly well when amare isnt on the floor.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:48 AM   #7
Jcorri7068

He is going to the celtics. They are trading rondo
Jcorri7068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:30 AM   #8
Jperez

are the clippers his best option to win a championship? if this is important to him, he needs to consider other outlets. however this could and will get tricky, cap space, luxury tax, et cetera... will all play a factor in a teams decision.
Jperez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:42 AM   #9
IamRalpho

This happens in every Paul thread, "When can the Knicks get him"

Its not going to happen, no ones taking Amare AND I bet he resigns with the Clippers real fast

I do not ask for much, but please leave feedback if everything goes well with our deal.
IamRalpho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:02 PM   #10
groundsupport
Banned

Send a message via AIM to groundsupport

He can go to Dallas and be paid more.

No State Tax.
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:32 PM   #11
EMD34

He is going to join Dwight and Harden in Houston ................. I actually think he'll end up staying.
EMD34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:39 PM   #12
asujbl

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

Indiana could S&T Granger and let Paul play with George and Hibbert...

Dallas has the space, depending on how flexible Dirk is, to sign Paul and another "close" to max FA

Utah could let Jefferson walk (or Milsap) and offer Paul the max along with another player close to the max (lets say OJ Mayo for sh*ts and giggles) - Paul/Mayo/Favors/Milsap/Kanter - that's a legit squad right there.

Atlanta can afford Howard and Paul - and could pair them with Horford - the problem is the rest of the roster would suck.

Saying all that I still think Paul stays in LA
asujbl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:55 PM   #13
cookiechrisps

What I think is funny is that even though the Clippers have been playing better than the Lakers all season, their fate is still the same. First round exit, besides the sweep haha.
cookiechrisps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:57 PM   #14
rookies

He will stay he makes to much money because of LA with the statefarm cliff paul he would not get that anywhere else but LA. But he will never win because Blake Griffin sucks and Deandre Jordan is making like 15 million a year.
rookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:10 PM   #15
cookiechrisps

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookies View Post
He will stay he makes to much money because of LA with the statefarm cliff paul he would not get that anywhere else but LA. But he will never win because Blake Griffin sucks and Deandre Jordan is making like 15 million a year.
Clippers need to dump Blake or trade up their pieces for another superstar. It is a two superstar league. Blake isn't a super star, he is just flashy. Same with D-Rose in Chicago, he needs some help.
cookiechrisps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:39 PM   #16
xavieronly1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiechrisps View Post
Clippers need to dump Blake or trade up their pieces for another superstar. It is a two superstar league. Blake isn't a super star, he is just flashy. Same with D-Rose in Chicago, he needs some help.
Clippers have tons of talent and very high future. It all depends on this year and next year player development. Chicago has tons of players who are willing to work and be trained. I like Chicago players who work so hard as a professional and work for winning. Clippers players are too involved on making fans happy by making dunk or block shot to 3rd row of the seats.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:25 PM   #17
asujbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiechrisps View Post
Agree with you on Blake.

If I was the Clips I'd throw max money at Paul and shop Griffin as hard as possible to a team that will get enticed by the "dunks" and ticket sales as opposed to the actual production.

I'm not sure who that player is but I agree with the concept. Griffin has not shown the improvement to jump to super star level. He's fine at what he does - he hasn't progressed.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:28 PM   #18
padsfan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
Agree with you on Blake.

If I was the Clips I'd throw max money at Paul and shop Griffin as hard as possible to a team that will get enticed by the "dunks" and ticket sales as opposed to the actual production.

I'm not sure who that player is but I agree with the concept. Griffin has not shown the improvement to jump to super star level. He's fine at what he does - he hasn't progressed.
Not true that he hasn't progressed. He's improved his free-throw shooting which was abysmal last year and actually has a decent mid-range jumper. So while many observers just see his highlight reel on ESPN those who watch the games know that he's improved quite a bit this year. Is he a Top 10 talent? No. But he's one of the best 25 players in the league, IMHO, and who wouldn't want that on their team?
padsfan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:52 PM   #19
asujbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by padsfan10 View Post
Not true that he hasn't progressed. He's improved his free-throw shooting which was abysmal last year and actually has a decent mid-range jumper. So while many observers just see his highlight reel on ESPN those who watch the games know that he's improved quite a bit this year. Is he a Top 10 talent? No. But he's one of the best 25 players in the league, IMHO, and who wouldn't want that on their team?
Agree to disagree.

I've watched plenty of games. He hasn't made the leap. He's improved as any player his age should. He hasn't improved the way a true star should.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:44 PM   #20
440shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookies View Post
I don't completely agree with this.

Which city is a bigger market in general and is considered more desirable? New Orleans or Cleveland?

I think everyone will say the Big Easy, fair enough. However has anyone heard of this Uncle Drew character? I think he plays for a team in Cleveland if I'm not mistaken......... Can't say its because Kyrie's actual game and accomplishments are greater than CP3's either because they aren't even close. If you want to do commercials and you are good enough, the companies will find you. The game of basketball is way too big and global now to think that if you want to make money off the court you NEED to be in NY or LA.
14-15 The Cup Limited Logos
440shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:39 PM   #21
EricMetcalf21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 440shane View Post
I don't completely agree with this.

Which city is a bigger market in general and is considered more desirable? New Orleans or Cleveland?

I think everyone will say the Big Easy, fair enough. However has anyone heard of this Uncle Drew character? I think he plays for a team in Cleveland if I'm not mistaken......... Can't say its because Kyrie's actual game and accomplishments are greater than CP3's either because they aren't even close. If you want to do commercials and you are good enough, the companies will find you. The game of basketball is way too big and global now to think that if you want to make money off the court you NEED to be in NY or LA.
well said shane
EricMetcalf21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:03 PM   #22
xavieronly1

The Clippers are the champs for ESPN top 10. Other than that, they couldn't even stop Z-bo on scoring non-stop for 3 games.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:38 PM   #23
IamRalpho

Atlanta and Dallas are def 2 options, both have the money and the need for him.

Why would he wanna go to either when he can stay in the Cali sunshine and play on a better team AND get more money?

I do not ask for much, but please leave feedback if everything goes well with our deal.
IamRalpho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:55 PM   #24
crazymj

Don't even think about it other teams. Cp3 staying as clips, but I think Eric Bledsoe will be available so grab him I guess
Old 05-01-2013, 02:55 PM   #25
CALVINXLIONSX81

Detroit Has a lot of Cap Space to,

CP3 to Drummond