AD Golden Auction 100

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

Notices

FOOTBALL Post your Football Cards Hobby Talk

Old 12-27-2012, 10:58 AM   #151
freethrowtommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post
Not really. Those are some killer stats. Not much arguing there.
You didn't see what I bolded, did you?

That's why.

And wait, I say that the Vikings haven't won a game against Green Bay since 2009 and he uses pretty much the same stat in context of the whole division instead, and you are okay with it? Didn't you just flame the #@#@#@#@ out of me for using past games? Okay?

Last edited by freethrowtommy; 12-27-2012 at 11:01 AM.
freethrowtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:59 AM   #152
gergs1134

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrinaldi View Post
I have no idea why Lions/Bears/Vikings fans talk #@#@#@#@ anymore about the Packers. The Packers are 11-0 in the division coming into this game. Soon to be 12-0. We win the Super Bowl, we sweep the division, and some people get so excited about a wild card spot on the line.
Lulzies
So what you're saying is that in 2010 you weren't excited about a wild card spot that eventually lead to said SB. If I recall correctly you were the 6 seed and needed a bunch of help just to make the playoffs. Wild card spot pfffffff.
gergs1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:21 AM   #153
Chaddie84

Quote:
Originally Posted by freethrowtommy View Post
You didn't see what I bolded, did you?

That's why.

And wait, I say that the Vikings haven't won a game against Green Bay since 2009 and he uses pretty much the same stat in context of the whole division instead, and you are okay with it? Didn't you just flame the #@#@#@#@ out of me for using past games? Okay?
I flamed you for bringing up old tired topics like the 98 and 09 NFC Championships. Please explain how they are relevant to the Vikings playing the Packers in Week 17 of 2012? I smelled a troll and treated as such.

Sweeping the Vikings for 2 down years and sweeping the division for 3 years are two very different things. One is a handful of games and one is a significant trend.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:27 AM   #154
freethrowtommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post
I flamed you for bringing up old tired topics like the 98 and 09 NFC Championships. Please explain how they are relevant to the Vikings playing the Packers in Week 17 of 2012? I smelled a troll and treated as such.

Sweeping the Vikings for 2 down years and sweeping the division for 3 years are two very different things. One is a handful of games and one is a significant trend.
LOL! Those were joke pictures that had to do with the Vikings choking and had nothing to do with the point I was trying to make.

You flamed the #@#@#@#@ out of me for saying the Vikings haven't beaten Green Bay since 2009. I would say that is a significant trend of beating the Vikings.... handful of games or not (5 straight to be exact). Not sure how many games you need to be considered more than insignificant.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:05 PM   #155
Chaddie84

Quote:
LOL! Those were joke pictures that had to do with the Vikings choking and had nothing to do with the point I was trying to make.

You flamed the #@#@#@#@ out of me for saying the Vikings haven't beaten Green Bay since 2009. I would say that is a significant trend of beating the Vikings.... handful of games or not (5 straight to be exact). Not sure how many games you need to be considered more than insignificant.
You may be the most sensitive person I've ever come across on these boards...and that says a lot. If that's "flaming the #@#@#@#@ out of you", I'd really hate to see you get actually flamed.

Donovan McNabb and Brett Favre were the Vikings QBs in 2011 and 2010...and Ponder towards the end of 2011 as a 100% raw rookie. They are a significantly different team in 2012 than they were the previous couple years, so comparing them is not apples to apples.

The Packers have had the same core for the last 2 seasons, which they've gone 11-0 within the division. Only 3 of those wins are against the Vikings. The other 8 are against the Lions and Bears, which were stronger teams at the time (with very familiar starting QBs). The poster who brought up the 11-0 brings up a much more legitimate point than yours for two reasons:

1. It's more recent
2. It provides good information regarding the same Packers team playing on Sunday.

I compliment another Packer fan for their insight and you get your panties all twisted up because you were "flamed" .
Old 12-27-2012, 04:34 PM   #156
TheHelmutt

Ryan Grant won me my Fantasy Football league last week!

Should be a good game this week, but I just don't see the Packers losing.
Heading into the playoffs full-steam ahead is a must.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:46 PM   #157
burke23

If the Vikes had a competent QB this would be more up in the air....however the advantage GB has at QB is astounding. I really hope Vikes pull it off...best feeling as a Vikes fan is beating the Pack.

Fingers cross AD gets his 208....and Ponder doesn't make backbreaking INT's tosses like he did in GB.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:18 PM   #158
VikingsAllDay

im freaking out and sick to my stomach.

SKOL VIKES!

http://s1257.photobucket.com/user/vikingsallday/library/cards%20FT?sort=3&page=1
VikingsAllDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:23 PM   #159
lambeauleap87

FOX will have the game on tomorrow at 4:00...yes!
Old 12-30-2012, 12:31 AM   #160
gergs1134

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambeauleap87 View Post
FOX will have the game on tomorrow at 4:00...yes!
Not looking forward to Aikman and Buck. May just have to mute the TV and throw the radio on. Hate the delay though.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:33 AM   #161
freethrowtommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gergs1134 View Post
Not looking forward to Aikman and Buck. May just have to mute the TV and throw the radio on. Hate the delay though.
I actually like Aikman and Buck, but I must be in the minority. Why do they get so much hate?
Old 12-30-2012, 12:49 AM   #162
gergs1134

Quote:
Originally Posted by burke23 View Post
If the Vikes had a competent QB this would be more up in the air....however the advantage GB has at QB is astounding. I really hope Vikes pull it off...best feeling as a Vikes fan is beating the Pack.

Fingers cross AD gets his 208....and Ponder doesn't make backbreaking INT's tosses like he did in GB.
I still don't understand why alot of people are bagging on Ponder. Well, I understand, but hate it when people are so shortsighted. Unlike GB, this offense is not designed for him to chuck the ball around 35-40 times per game. Has he looked sh!tty at times? yes. Has he made mistakes? Yes. But he is also just a second year QB. Rodgers was not even playing yet.

Yes, he has thrown for under 100 yards 3 times, but two of the games they won (so it really doesn't mattter) and the other, well it turns out Seattle is pretty good especially at home.

He's going to throw for 3,000 yards with a QB rating at about 80 with more TD's than INT's. I'll take that in year two. I won't even bring up the Harvin injury. I'll shut up now. Back to the ball game discussion.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:57 AM   #163
gergs1134

Quote:
I actually like Aikman and Buck, but I must be in the minority. Why do they get so much hate?
It's more just Buck. My dislike is more with his baseball broadcasts, but I'm not sure. It might just be his annoying voice or the fact that he couldn't hold his daddies jock.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:08 AM   #164
HaloHawk87

I think Buck and Aikman are the best announcers on FOX. I also don't understand the hate. They bring a level of energy to a broadcast that most others don't.

I'm excited and stressed out over this game. There hasn't been a Vikings/Packers game that has meant so much since 2009. I hope the Vikings can pull off the upset, but I have a hard time believing it can happen. I think it could be close. I think AP getting the rushing record is very unlikely, but I hope he can at least reach 2,000 yards for the season. I don't think Ponder will be as bad as he was in GB, but I don't think he will be good. The dome will have a playoff atmosphere.
HaloHawk87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:22 AM   #165
TheHelmutt

I'm not an AP hater. If he somehow gets the record I'm happy for him cuz he deserves it, especially after the knee comeback. BUT, if the record is untouchable by halftime, I'd love to see the Packers stop him right at 1,999 just for fun.

I also don't mind Aikman and Buck in general, but I do feel like Aikman occasionally hates on the Packers throughout a broadcast.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:32 AM   #166
Grza

Well Seahawks beat them both so there!
Grza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:08 AM   #167
TheHelmutt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grza View Post
Well Seahawks beat them both so there!
You forgot the * next to that statement.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:00 PM   #168
CC_123

GAME DAY! Big day for AP will result in a W for the Vikings this time around! SKOL VIKINGS!
CC_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:15 PM   #169
Brad

Cobb out for GB. With all these injuries to key guys on the Packers, the Vikings have no excuse not to win.
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:17 PM   #170
tnarg

Go pack go

Weird
tnarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:19 PM   #171
CC_123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Cobb out for GB. With all these injuries to key guys on the Packers, the Vikings have no excuse not to win.
Cobb being out will help the Vikes. But the Packers will still have Jennings, Jordy, and Jones.
CC_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:20 PM   #172
mnvikingstwins

Looks like a loss won't be an option to win, can't ask for more to get in. Kinda like being up 10, dominating with the run, two late interceptions, and you just need to complete open passes and run out the clock to win .
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:23 PM   #173
gergs1134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Harvin > Cobb, Woodson >Robison and an injured Winfield. Other than that, don't see too many that will really matter.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:24 PM   #174
Timmyftblstar54

Vikings are toast
Old 12-30-2012, 03:28 PM   #175
nickha2

Harvin > Cobb is completely laughable