Blowout Cards Forums
2024 Baseball

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 12-16-2013, 11:29 PM   #76
paul06901
Banned

I loved how when Pek missed that WIDE-OPEN dunk he flailed his arms like he was fouled, then you see Jeff Green say to him seconds later when they were both on the side of the FT line "You know you just missed that, right?" And Pek laughs and says "yeah I did"

Shved has to be the biggest disappointment for the Wolves. He has the abilities to be a great player, but he's so damn soft and not-clutch. Barea also needs to either shoot better, or distribute the ball better. When he was on my Mavs he was very efficient as a scorer ... on the Wolves it looks like he's mainly out there trying to score. Which is tough for a guy 5-10 playing 1-on-1 ball...

I can't believe the Wolves record when I see how well they can actually play at times. When things click, they're unstoppable. But they lose so many close games, and miss so many good shots ... Love really does carry them on his back to the wins they do have...
paul06901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 12:12 AM   #77
Wolves4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul06901 View Post
I loved how when Pek missed that WIDE-OPEN dunk he flailed his arms like he was fouled, then you see Jeff Green say to him seconds later when they were both on the side of the FT line "You know you just missed that, right?" And Pek laughs and says "yeah I did"

Shved has to be the biggest disappointment for the Wolves. He has the abilities to be a great player, but he's so damn soft and not-clutch. Barea also needs to either shoot better, or distribute the ball better. When he was on my Mavs he was very efficient as a scorer ... on the Wolves it looks like he's mainly out there trying to score. Which is tough for a guy 5-10 playing 1-on-1 ball...

I can't believe the Wolves record when I see how well they can actually play at times. When things click, they're unstoppable. But they lose so many close games, and miss so many good shots ... Love really does carry them on his back to the wins they do have...
He is 1 of the top 5 centers in the West and never gets calls but the arms waiving after every non call is soooooooo irritating.
Wolves4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 12:14 AM   #78
Wolves4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul06901 View Post

Also agree about Shved, I'd like him to cut into JJ's minutes. Shved does some good things in the little time he is given but he needs to be more consistent.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:50 AM   #79
abrage22

There's nothing wrong with this team offensively, it's defense that kills use. We don't have a rim protector. I'd rather have Asik than Pek, just to balance things out and give us that inside defense. Plus at least Asik wouldn't miss 5 layups every game...
abrage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 01:44 AM   #80
Wolves4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrage22 View Post
There's nothing wrong with this team offensively, it's defense that kills use. We don't have a rim protector. I'd rather have Asik than Pek, just to balance things out and give us that inside defense. Plus at least Asik wouldn't miss 5 layups every game...
Yeah cause Asik wouldn't be able to touch the rim with his air balls.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:02 AM   #81
CC_123

Not having Kevin Martin on the court last night hurt us with nobody else stepping up in his place. Last game he missed, everyone stepped up but not last night. If we would have had Martin on the court, there is no doubt in my mind we would have won. He is an automatic 15-20 points nightly.
CC_123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:48 AM   #82
Wolves4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC_123 View Post
Not having Kevin Martin on the court last night hurt us with nobody else stepping up in his place. Last game he missed, everyone stepped up but not last night. If we would have had Martin on the court, there is no doubt in my mind we would have won. He is an automatic 15-20 points nightly.
I would have liked Shabazz or Shved start last night, Nothing to lose and everything could have been gained to see what you have, Hummel is not a starter but if Kmart keeps missing games that's what dumb ass Adelman will keep doing.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:29 PM   #83
pnft17

Brutal loss to Celtics. No reason to have hero ball JJ on floor at end of close games. Should be Rubio. He plays way better D and passes the ball and not jack up 3's and dribble away the shot clock looking for his own shot. JJ is good in spurts. Don't get love affair Rick has with him late in games. Hero JJ ball doesn't work.
Cory Brewer blows. All he does is leak out on D looking for a cherry pick basket. He needs to be back on boards. Alexy is softer than dog poo.
Only hope is Air Bud comes back soon and healthy. Need him bad .

Still see Wolves as 35-40 win team at best and out of playoffs. Sucks they gave away this years #1 for Suns taking Wuss Johnson.
pnft17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:52 PM   #84
Wolves4Life

Sloppy in the 4th as sometimes usual but a W is a W off to Hollywood for 2.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:06 PM   #85
burke23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolves4Life View Post
Sloppy in the 4th as sometimes usual but a W is a W off to Hollywood for 2.
They have never been a great closing team in the 4th quarter. It is absolutely what is keeping them from being a lock playoff team at the moment...their defense just can't clamp down it seems.

Still nice to get back to .500, and hope we can take two on the road. Need to turn it around if they want to make the playoffs.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:07 PM   #86
Wolves4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by burke23 View Post
They have never been a great closing team in the 4th quarter. It is absolutely what is keeping them from being a lock playoff team at the moment...their defense just can't clamp down it seems.

Still nice to get back to .500, and hope we can take two on the road. Need to turn it around if they want to make the playoffs.
Exactly, Hopefully we play Lakers as well as last time and need a big W against clip who we have lost 2 to so far.
Old 12-21-2013, 01:11 AM   #87
Wolves4Life

Nice freaking loss to a glorified DLeague team. This is probably most pathetic loss whole season so far.
Old 12-21-2013, 01:44 AM   #88
minnesotachill

Not sure what was worse tonight, the Wolves uniforms or the way they played.

The only guy who can shoot the ball on the Wolves is Love and Kmart, the rest of the team is worthless.

We're down 6 in the 4th and everyone just passes the ball around because no one wants to take the shot.
minnesotachill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:39 AM   #89
pnft17

Cory Brewer is just garbage. Why did Flip give him 3 years. Trade him if they can, even for a late 2nd rounder. He can't shoot, dribble and just leaks out looking for layups on Defense. Can't stand watching him play. Luc should get his minutes. He plays D at least.

Agreed in this team just can't shoot at all. Martin isn't even a very good shooter and takes so many ugly shots.
I'd really look at trying to get Rondo. I'd look to deal Rubio if we can get a decent return. Ricky can be fun to watch at times. But he can't shoot and has no killer instinct. Team is just way too soft everywhere.
pnft17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 11:02 AM   #90
CC_123

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnft17 View Post
Cory Brewer is just garbage. Why did Flip give him 3 years. Trade him if they can, even for a late 2nd rounder. He can't shoot, dribble and just leaks out looking for layups on Defense. Can't stand watching him play. Luc should get his minutes. He plays D at least.

Agreed in this team just can't shoot at all. Martin isn't even a very good shooter and takes so many ugly shots.
I'd really look at trying to get Rondo. I'd look to deal Rubio if we can get a decent return. Ricky can be fun to watch at times. But he can't shoot and has no killer instinct. Team is just way too soft everywhere.
The team loses some games and everyone wants to dump everyone. Nobody was complaining when Brewer was in double digits nearly every game for 22 straight. People get in slumps, and that's what the Wolves are in. Mbah a Moute shouldn't touch any of Brewers minutes. Hummel should be getting some PT though. And I would honestly say the problem isn't any of the starters, it's the bench. I don't think bringing in anyone new to start is going to help. They need role players that can come off the bench and be ready to score the second they hit the floor, and that's what they lack. The lack a true 6th man. I have no issues with the starting crew, but once the bench hits the court, the team struggles.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:52 AM   #91
minnesotachill

There are so many players on the Wolves who do absolutely nothing for the team.

They completely blew it in this years draft, again. We don't need projects. We need guys who can come in and play immediately, and that's why the Wolves should have kept Trey Burke. I am surprised they didn't learn there lesson a few years ago when they traded away Ty Lawson.
Old 12-21-2013, 03:17 PM   #92
shaner1

I was so excited for this season - watched every game on NBA League Pass. I didn't like the KMartin signing at first, but I do now. Where would this team be without his shooting? Horrible. Budinger's return should help. Rubio is my PC guy, and I have no idea how he cannot improve his J....even with his rehab time...his shot seems worse than before. Love is the team. Disappointing is the word I'll use to describe this team.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:52 AM   #93
Wolves4Life

Yet another bad loss, Clippers are not good enough to come back down 5 with 28 seconds left. Unless you help them like KMart did.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:03 AM   #94
minnesotachill

Wolves bench, 6-24 with 18 pts. Tough to see how the Wolves are losing all these games.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:09 AM   #95
Wolves4Life

Might be crazy but I wouldn't mind seeing a lineup change like this.

PG- Rubio
SG- Barea
SF- Hummel or Muhammad
PF-Love
C-Pek

Bring Martin and Brewer off the bench with Shved and company and see if it can help when Rubio, Love, Pek need a break.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:21 AM   #96
burke23

Just awful...it doesn't help that when Rubio and brewer are out there, the other team only needs to guard three guys. Still cannot believe they held the max for Rubio over love. FU Kahn!
Old 12-23-2013, 01:22 AM   #97
drob50

Spurs fan just popping in to record my vote for K Love as MVP!!

Carry on.....
drob50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 09:10 AM   #98
CC_123

That loss wasn't on the team. That loss was on Kevin Martin for not just holding onto the ball for them to foul him. It's basic basketball knowledge. And Martin didn't help in OT when he threw a 3/4th court pass right to the Clippers to tie it up when we could have went ahead 4. Great team effort, but it's sad that Martin couldn't be smart and hold the ball.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:56 PM   #99
Wolves4Life

Every time we get to .500 we play crappy next game. Spurs are not the heat in that they will blow you away when they got hot, They are just fundamentally sound, And they get away with a ton of fouls. I personally liked Leonard pushing JJ away and no call but we just played bad all around. Pek is the only guy to show up, Love wasn't as hot as last time in SA he's do for an off night cause he's carried this team so many times.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:01 PM   #100
shaner1

Love missed 15 lay-ups. Really ugly game. Just shows how far behind the spurs this team is. So disappointing to root for them. I wanna puke.