Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback & Hobby Scams

Notices

Member Sales/Trade Feedback & Hobby Scams Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 03:48 AM   #1
49ers_Swag
Banned

Default Haiku Suspended- Rumors of massive scam emerge..

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/f...part-ii-8.html

Last few pages some interesting points being made...nobody wants to post this as everyone hopes it turns out to be false.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncomanning18 View Post
I am speaking on behalf of Haiku, and he said that he is going out of town right now dealing with alot of different stuff and would like everyone that bought from him in the last few days or week that has not gotten there cards to just file a claim through paypal and he will refund you. I cannot say anymore than that, because that is all I know

Multiple theories as to what is really going on. Please come forward if you are owed funds/mystery lots/convertibles/mansions/private jets/tickets/etc

I kept this to myself for a few days:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ers_Swag View Post
I purchased a card from haiku, when it arrived it was damaged. Whether he sold it that way without informing me or it was damaged in transit I do not know. Doesn't matter. The fact that he would contact another member to pay me instead of simply paying me himself is what caused concern. Perhaps I am also being paranoid.
UPDATE: $50 PAYPAL RECEIVED VIA PDAWSON21 ON BEHALF OF HAIKU
2ND UPDATE: RECEIVED THE REST OF OWED FUNDS FROM SAME MEMBER

Last edited by 49ers_Swag; 12-18-2012 at 09:07 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:52 AM   #2
newton615

Over/under- 5 pages
Old 12-17-2012, 03:53 AM   #3
zonacats8

Damn you came out firing, but there is a pretty simple hole in your theory

How could he buy all the cards after the win tonight and still get them in time to ship everything out by the 18th?
Old 12-17-2012, 03:54 AM   #4
zonacats8

Quote:
Originally Posted by newton615 View Post
Over/under- 5 pages
by when?

because it's clearly going to be an over, just depends on how quickly
Old 12-17-2012, 03:56 AM   #5
epic23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by newton615 View Post
Over/under- 5 pages
Probably be deleted before it gets there.

It's going to be a mess once all of Haiku's loyalists start clashing with people who are owed refunds.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:56 AM   #6
newton615

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
by when?

because it's clearly going to be an over, just depends on how quickly
Im thinking the under is a safeish bet. The mods are probably sleeping like normal people, the real variable is how many members are awake AND care enough to get this to 5 pages?

I'll take the under and on a side not dont envy vegas odds makers
Old 12-17-2012, 03:57 AM   #7
Ajax1723

Quote:

How could he buy all the cards after the win tonight and still get them in time to ship everything out by the 18th?
Just one of the theories floating around. I subscribe to the "he doesn't have enough cards to fulfill the lots" belief. He a,ready sent out some IOUs in the form of coupons (I was one of them) so I have a feeling he doesn't have the cards to fulfill the lots.

That's where it stops making sense though, everything that has happened, especially the things that have happened tonight, have made this situation very unsettling.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:59 AM   #8
zonacats8

Quote:
Originally Posted by epic23 View Post
Probably be deleted before it gets there.

It's going to be a mess once all of Haiku's loyalists start clashing with people who are owed refunds.
What if we're both?

I've been behind Haiku in all of the chaos the last few days, but with all this going on while he has what is at least to me a good chunk of money, is a bit unsettling and I'm in nobodies corner but my own right now
Old 12-17-2012, 03:59 AM   #9
bufbills98

Up watching a midnight hockey game reading this..

Shouldnt we let him bet on the over/under of pages.. we just go the opp and its a win..

Sorry, had to.. Cran vodkas at the Orleans and hockey.. life is good
Old 12-17-2012, 04:00 AM   #10
Wise4671

WOW!!!!!

If you have no proof of your theory I dont think you should slander someone like this.

I think you are way off base on this one. Like I posted before lets wait till his suspension is over and let him have a chance to speak before we jump the gun. This is getting way out of hand everyone is so quick to believe someone is out to get them that they are blinded buy the fact there may be something bad going on that he has to deal with. Maybe someone in his family passed away and he is going through a really bad time right now. We don't know. Give it a few days.

Last edited by Wise4671; 12-17-2012 at 04:03 AM.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:02 AM   #11
broncomanning18
Banned

Well said Wise4671
Old 12-17-2012, 04:04 AM   #12
PlatinumPlus502

I dont know... Had an interesting conversation with somebody here tonight regarding him. I've always supported Jay and been behind him, but after the information i got tonight its hard. Not going to say who the conversation was with, but if you're truly interested, feel free to pm me for some transcripts. Kind of shocked somebody like Jay would make something so outrageous up about me.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:04 AM   #13
49ers_Swag
Banned

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1723 View Post
Just one of the theories floating around. I subscribe to the "he doesn't have enough cards to fulfill the lots" belief. He a,ready sent out some IOUs in the form of coupons (I was one of them) so I have a feeling he doesn't have the cards to fulfill the lots.

That's where it stops making sense though, everything that has happened, especially the things that have happened tonight, have made this situation very unsettling.
Kind of in response to both:

That's just a theory. What is clear to me is that Haiku posts "Buying for x amount of minutes threads". A few days-week later there is a quicksale, those cards are sold. Now all of a sudden he has a ton of inventory for 20k in mystery lots? I find that hard to believe. My theory may be spot on, after all he has enough credibility to get people to send him hundreds/thousands of dollars for cards without seeing them. I'm sure he has enough connections to come up with inventory in a hurry, or sent directly to the "mystery lot" buyer.

I'm not saying I am correct. I am just throwing out my opinion in hopes that others will come forward with information. I sat on information for two days. Who else is sitting on information?
Old 12-17-2012, 04:04 AM   #14
Ajax1723

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise4671 View Post
WOW!!!!!

If you have no proof of your theory I dont think you should slander someone like this.

I think you are way off base on this one. Like I posted before lets wait till his suspension is over and let him have a chance to speak before we jump the gun. This is getting way out of hand everyone is so quick to believe someone is out to get them that they are blinded buy the fact there may be something bad going on that he has to deal with. Maybe someone in his family passed away and he is going through a really bad time right now. We don't know. Give it a few days.
Agreed that betting this should not have been mentioned, but so far this has been handled poorly. It is just making an already tense situation even more difficult.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:04 AM   #15
epic23
Banned

Quote:
WOW!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncomanning18 View Post
Well said Wise4671

You're both incredibly naive.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:05 AM   #16
zonacats8

Quote:
WOW!!!!!

I think you are way off base on this one. Like I posted before lets wait till his suspension is over and let him have a chance to speak before we jump the gun. This is getting way out of hand everyon is so quick to believe someone is out to get them that they are blinded buy the fact there may be something bad going on that he has to deal with. Maybe his someone in his family passed away and he is going through a really bad time right now. We don't know. Give it a few days.
I think people understand based on what was said the other night that something obviously is going on and people are understanding of that.

But if he was able to come on here and blast people to get suspended and PM people about what's going on and ask them to relay messages about how to get a refund, why didn't he just go in and refund us as he obviously had the time to do other things in here
Old 12-17-2012, 04:08 AM   #17
49ers_Swag
Banned

Quote:
WOW!!!!!

If you'd prefer, I can simply leave the quote about him not sending the cards he sold? Please let me know so it can all be kittens and cupcakes.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:09 AM   #18
Wise4671

Quote:
Originally Posted by epic23 View Post
You're both incredibly naive.
So you would hang a man before he had a chance to defend himself? What country are you from? Cause here in the USA we at least give a person a chance to defend themself before we sentence them
Old 12-17-2012, 04:09 AM   #19
mrlaker

well this whole saga has been at the least an interesting and educating experience.

I admit I tried to win in some of the contests being held, though certainly not many in comparison to how many he held and not in the monster card giveaway outside of offering my support for another members deeds.

At the same time I had reservations on what was going on, not that it would of stopped me from dealing with haiku, mainly out of self interest (receiving some sort of nice lot/more than what I paid for). It always felt like a little something was off though I never voiced it. I know how that sounds, quite a bit like a bunch of BS slung after the fact, and for all we know there is an absolutely legitimate reason this is happening, but I still feel that sensation that something was/is off, maybe it was that to me it seemed he simply was trying way to hard to be completely genuine, and spending far too much time on this forum for someone who legitimately makes sums of money large enough to do all that he did.

It honestly felt that this was more of a business tactic than good will, though it may have been both.

(again I realize this sounds pretty pathetic coming from someone with little invested in the situation and little information in regards to the person in question, but as a fringe participant those are my thoughts.)

Last edited by mrlaker; 12-17-2012 at 04:13 AM.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:11 AM   #20
Wise4671

Quote:
I think people understand based on what was said the other night that something obviously is going on and people are understanding of that.

But if he was able to come on here and blast people to get suspended and PM people about what's going on and ask them to relay messages about how to get a refund, why didn't he just go in and refund us as he obviously had the time to do other things in here
You sure he didnt Call Bronco? I never heard him say he got a pm from Haiku?
Old 12-17-2012, 04:11 AM   #21
Ajax1723

Quote:
If you'd prefer, I can simply leave the quote about him not sending the cards he sold? Please let me know so it can all be kittens and cupcakes.
Might be better if you take it out just in case mods feel it is slander and delete the thread. Just say something along the lines of there being multiple theories.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:12 AM   #22
Ajax1723

Quote:
You sure he didnt Call Bronco? I never heard him say he got a pm from Haiku?
Either way, there are other members here that have his number and have called/texted to no avail
Old 12-17-2012, 04:12 AM   #23
Wise4671

Quote:
Add a few Unicorns and Rainbows and I think we will be OK
Old 12-17-2012, 04:13 AM   #24
newton615

The road to hell is paved with good intentions, nobody is that giving without getting something back in return.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:13 AM   #25
Braylon1

Quote:
So you would hang a man before he had a chance to defend himself? What country are you from? Cause here in the USA we at least give a person a chance to defend themself before we sentence them
He has plenty of a chance to defend himself to many of us including me...... PM's, my cell, texts....... Yet he hasn't been doing much of that for days despite putting me in a pretty awful situation.
Closed Thread