CAS239

Default Viceroy INSECTEA and THE DEEP

First wave of preorders will be
INSECTEA preorders on Solarfly 7/15
THE DEEP preorders on Solarfly 7/18

Second wave on Solarfly:
August 12th at 9:00 PM EST for Insectae
August 15th at 9:00 PM EST for The Deep

1st wave has a 2 case limit, 2nd wave has a 1 case limit, 3rd wave will either have 1 case or a pack limit

Case Price: $276.99
Box Price: 27.99

(No word on Blowout date yet)

Last edited by CAS239; 07-12-2013 at 02:50 PM.
CAS239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:54 PM   #2
KevinCaptiva

Agree thought they would have spread them out a little bit. If I get some it will be just a couple of boxes.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:05 PM   #3
Magickyak

Is it odd that I just checked my calender to see if it's April Fools Day?

(It isn't)

Very strange though if that's true... (Not that I won't preorder anyway)
Magickyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:06 PM   #4
monkeymcgee

Someone needs to alert the Plasma Centers that you Viceroy junkies will be hitting them hard the next few days
monkeymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:07 PM   #5
Spider-Fan

Ryan said he will post some additional info before the release.

I too was quite surprised and a little disappointed. I was interested in those sets much more so than Carnival, from a theme perspective. In fact, I really just bought a few packs of Carnival because I thought it would be a 'safe' way to get a feel for the Viceroy product. I'm impressed.

Too bad I don't have the type of wealth that allows me to come up with over $1000 with just 1 week notice. I'm actually starting to get quite annoyed with the short notice for pre-sale dates (not limited to Viceroy by any means). Is it too much to ask for a month to plan for a $500-$1000 purchase?

I think if you are asking for money 3+ months in advance, the least you could do is give me 1 months advance notice on when the money will be requested. And I don't buy the argument that large scale released don't announce the pre-sale date a month in advance. 95% of large scale releases don't sell out in minutes... almost every one of these small scale sketch releases does.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:07 PM   #6
KevinCaptiva

Piece of paper came with my solarfly order also just received email from them saying same thing.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:09 PM   #7
IronMonkey415
Banned

Turning into Panini already? Product after product......
IronMonkey415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:14 PM   #8
CAS239

Case Price: $276.99
Box Price: 27.99

Edited into first post as well
Old 07-11-2013, 09:14 PM   #9
Nicnac

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMonkey415 View Post
Turning into Panini already? Product after product......
Naw... Viceroy delivers promised chases.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:18 PM   #10
dd316

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMonkey415 View Post
Turning into Panini already?
The only redemption card so far has been for an oversized piece that you know they already have in hand. I can live with that.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:23 PM   #11
CAS239

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Ryan said he will post some additional info before the release.

I too was quite surprised and a little disappointed. I was interested in those sets much more so than Carnival, from a theme perspective. In fact, I really just bought a few packs of Carnival because I thought it would be a 'safe' way to get a feel for the Viceroy product. I'm impressed.

Too bad I don't have the type of wealth that allows me to come up with over $1000 with just 1 week notice. I'm actually starting to get quite annoyed with the short notice for pre-sale dates (not limited to Viceroy by any means). Is it too much to ask for a month to plan for a $500-$1000 purchase?

I think if you are asking for money 3+ months in advance, the least you could do is give me 1 months advance notice on when the money will be requested. And I don't buy the argument that large scale released don't announce the pre-sale date a month in advance. 95% of large scale releases don't sell out in minutes... almost every one of these small scale sketch releases does.
I also agree.

Speaking on all products in general. I'd like to hear info, then a solid release date (may change a few days or week, but general reference), then date(s) for preorder. Ideally I'd like to have at least a 1 month heads up on a preorder date. Lets me save some money to the side that I'll have enough to purchase product and still have plenty left over for other various items.

Kind of happened with Carnival, and I'd like to pick up a case of The Deep, but I won't be able to shell out enough for a case this soon.

These releases are just reminding me that I need to put more money to the side and save up more lol.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:30 AM   #12
ViceroyCards

The main reason for the closeness of pre-order/release date is that we're producing these sets at the same time. When signing up artists for both, we realized many were overlapping since if you want to draw insects, it's a safe bet you'd be interested in sea creatures as well. This allows us to ship both sets of blanks to artists at the same time.

I'm putting together the sell sheets now, and an artist list will come soon also. We're just waiting on artist agreements.

Here's a little bit of info:

Insectae and The Deep will be 100 cases (1000 packs) each. This is the goal number, but might come down as sketch sets tend to do.

Letterpress sketch cards have gotten an upgrade! We've added a second layer to the letterpress printing on the back, with metallic and holographic foil accenting the standard design. It's going to be pretty cool... and shiny.

We *might* not use magnetic holders this time around, and instead spend the budget that would have been spent on those, on additional cards and fun inserts per pack. Many collectors said they'd prefer added content over magnetic holders, so we might try it on these sets to see what happens. We're sure our packaging will protect the sketches, and we'll either do penny sleeve in the foil packs, or top loaders, if we skip magnetics this time.

With 1000 packs, we've added more artists, but kept the total sketches down at 40 max. We're also looking to include artists fresh to the sketch card scene. As of right now we have solid artist lists with the Glebes, Charles Hall, Rhiannon Owens, Salvucci, Ted, Proctor, Janet Lee, Sohn and many others. Full lists coming soon.

Blowout will also have the sets for pre-sale, but they are waiting until we get the sell sheet ready.

I'll have more info soon, when we make the set threads for each one. I know it's soon, but we looked at similar products and sports releases, and most pre-sales for those happen months and months before release date. It also seems like the number one complaint has been a lack of available product, so we're trying to remedy that. This will allow 2000 available packs, instead of the 500-700 like the first 3, while keeping the individual sets limited since there are 2 of them. It also gives everyone an option if they like one theme over another, even though they are somewhat similar. The release dates will be staggered by weeks also, so don't worry about having to deal both dropping at once and that being a mess.

Finally, don't worry... we'll make the sets cool.

Edit: Also, those dates are just the first wave. SolarFly will have more waves for pre-sales, so there will be many opportunities for orders whenever you're ready.

Last edited by ViceroyCards; 07-12-2013 at 12:38 AM.
ViceroyCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:48 AM   #13
737-900ER

Any Jacques Cousteau cut signature cards for "The Deep" those would be cool
737-900ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:51 AM   #14
CAS239

Good post!

I'm interested in seeing some sketches and a little bit more of "The Deep"..that'll be my determination on if I pick up a case

While you will be posting more about both..any word yet on if anything big will be in each set? I don't think it'd be as big as the Barnum auto, but will there be anything like that where its like a 1/1 that everyone will want to try to pull?
Old 07-12-2013, 12:53 AM   #15
ViceroyCards

Quote:
Originally Posted by 737-900ER View Post
We're already looking into it, and it seems doable. I just hate cutting up historical documents. Maybe if we can find signed notecards or similar that would work for cut sig cards. But yeah, that's a goal for The Deep, and is why we are thinking of skipping magnetics to add that fun stuff.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:56 AM   #16
ViceroyCards

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS239 View Post
Good post!

I'm interested in seeing some sketches and a little bit more of "The Deep"..that'll be my determination on if I pick up a case

While you will be posting more about both..any word yet on if anything big will be in each set? I don't think it'd be as big as the Barnum auto, but will there be anything like that where its like a 1/1 that everyone will want to try to pull?
The Jacques Cousteau mentioned above, along with some other things. We've got a few ideas in mind but it's stuff we're going to have to check and see if it can be done.

We're really trying to do a lot of cool things, it just takes a little time to put it all together. We're also working on a non sketch set while all these sketch set are happening, but we'll have more info on that at a later date.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:01 AM   #17
ViceroyCards

ALSO...

I just spoke with Matt, and the 2nd wave pre-sales are a month after the first:

You can add that to the main post as well if you'd like. We'll also be putting it all in the threads once we post them.

I'll try to get more info soon, but my head is throbbing after watching/hearing kaiju battle jaegers for over two hours.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:19 AM   #18
MarsAttacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 737-900ER View Post
Don't forget Steve Zissou too!
MarsAttacks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:23 AM   #19
CAS239

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViceroyCards View Post
ALSO...

I just spoke with Matt, and the 2nd wave pre-sales are a month after the first:

You can add that to the main post as well if you'd like. We'll also be putting it all in the threads once we post them.

I'll try to get more info soon, but my head is throbbing after watching/hearing kaiju battle jaegers for over two hours.
Nice! In glad to hear another wave will be a decent ways after.

Second wave info put in the first post. If you want/need anything else edited in just let me know.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:18 AM   #20
longisland

What is included in a box. I'm new to products like this and I am very interested. Price looks about right but I just want to make sure.
longisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:19 AM   #21
dd316

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViceroyCards View Post
The Jacques Cousteau mentioned above, along with some other things. We've got a few ideas in mind but it's stuff we're going to have to check and see if it can be done.

We're really trying to do a lot of cool things, it just takes a little time to put it all together. We're also working on a non sketch set while all these sketch set are happening, but we'll have more info on that at a later date.
UD's already done it with the Entomology cards (which are awesome), but that would obviously work well here, too. Even for The Deep, you could use some dried out aquatic animals, starfish and the like - they sell them at tourist traps all over the shore. Maybe seashells? Just thinking out loud.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:36 AM   #22
Deathgate

For the Deep, maybe sanddollars with small painted sketches on them?

ePack Id: goatcollector2012 - always looking to trade for Kitty Pryde, Black Cat or Rachel Summers cards - digital, base, inserts and sketches wanted
Deathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:59 AM   #23
hellojeffy

the DEEP sounds cool.
I've always been afraid of the ocean.
But I've always enjoyed learning about it.
Might pickup some. Or sit on a case of the deep. Gotta see if I can muster funds
hellojeffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:53 AM   #24
ifish73

As soon as Blowout gets these up for pre-sale you better believe that I will be testing a group break for a few cases of each!

The Carnival break was a lot of fun.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:28 AM   #25
rip+flip
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifish73 View Post
As soon as Blowout gets these up for pre-sale you better believe that I will be testing a group break for a few cases of each!

The Carnival break was a lot of fun.
Next time id open the insert pack before revealing the sketch for your group break vid
rip+flip is offline   Reply With Quote