Blowout Cards Forums
2023 Football

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Notices

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:22 PM   #301
SpastikMooss

Quote:
Originally Posted by newton615 View Post
How about for the motto "Its not about winning a game, its about sending a message"
Hey he's the enemy haha
Old 09-01-2012, 07:24 PM   #302
mmbtvs
unregistered

DBO - Looking to have the submissions for this episode in on monday evening.
mmbtvs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:33 PM   #303
SpastikMooss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
Thanks Donald!

As for team Roadkill, I'm digging Gladiators and Jihad right now. If anyone wants to add to either idea or add new ideas feel free! Or you can make a better photoshop than I did!
Old 09-01-2012, 07:41 PM   #304
newton615

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpastikMooss View Post
Hey he's the enemy haha
WTF I take it back, dont use my amazing tagline. I saw joker and instantly pounced, its one of my favorite movie quotes
Old 09-01-2012, 07:42 PM   #305
SpastikMooss

Quote:
WTF I take it back, dont use my amazing tagline. I saw joker and instantly pounced, its one of my favorite movie quotes
Same here. Just watched it again the other day...so good.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:00 PM   #306
hairysasquatch

Quote:
Wow - working on the holiday weekend - a test of the teams' mettle, methinks...
Old 09-02-2012, 01:50 AM   #307
ilovethelakings
I make a lot of posts!

Quote:
Hey he's the enemy haha
See, even your teammate knows a good idea when it sees it
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:16 AM   #308
csmtampa

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairysasquatch View Post
Wow - working on the holiday weekend - a test of the teams' mettle, methinks...
I think you came up with a winner!

Let's see if the team agrees as well.
csmtampa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 02:56 PM   #309
SpastikMooss

Any more thoughts Roadkill? Or opinions on what we have so far?
Old 09-02-2012, 02:58 PM   #310
hairysasquatch

Quote:
Or opinions on what we have so far?
Listening...wait...wait... there it is.../golfclap/
Old 09-02-2012, 04:32 PM   #311
SpastikMooss

Quote:
Listening...wait...wait... there it is.../golfclap/
Haha thanks
Old 09-02-2012, 04:45 PM   #312
newton615

Jacksonville Whataburgers, our mascot can be Mark Brunell. Tagline, we lose more then Mark Brunell
Old 09-02-2012, 11:24 PM   #313
SpastikMooss

Niiiice. Anyone on team roadkill want to add to our ideas tonight?
Old 09-03-2012, 01:09 AM   #314
SportCardBuffet

Quote:
Jacksonville Whataburgers, our mascot can be Mark Brunell. Tagline, we lose more then Mark Brunell
Not a bad tagline...
Old 09-03-2012, 01:47 PM   #315
SpastikMooss

Getting to the 11th hour...I'm leaning towards Jihad or Gladiators unless anyone wants to change anything
Old 09-03-2012, 02:48 PM   #316
hairysasquatch

To Mr. Bohica:

Below please find the FINAL PROJECT SUBMISSION from Team 9 Guys, 1 Tube Sock (maybe just for today ) - we have just finished a working vacation day today, and have emerged from a smoke-filled VIP room at the world-famous Cheetah's Lounge in scenic Windsor, Ontario, Canada (hat tip to 37Jetson and to ilovethelakings for already having a tab there) with the following proposal to reboot the currently flailing Jacksonville Jaguars NFL franchise with a new team name and mascot. Drum roll, please, for the.....

Jacksonville Jokers!

Mascot: A very DC Joker-esque looking character (tons of folks would doubtless be inspired to dress up like the maniacal character, and THAT feeds directly into our new tagline and associated promotion)

Motto: Wait 'til you get a load of us (Jack Nicholson (as The Joker) compensated voiceover from the first Batman movie of the modern era - he loved the idea so much he practically gave it to us!)

The motto keys to promo in which Jax fans in attendance at the game enter a drawing to win the opportunity to call the team's first offensive series of plays in the second half (winner announced @ end of first half and hustled off to a crash course on Jokers' playbook)! Better than playing Madden, this is an unprecedented chance for supporters of the Jokers help the team win and take home some cash! If the plays called by the fan result in a first down, that fan wins $10k; if the fan calls a series that results in points scored, the fan receives an additional $15k (FG) or $25k (TD). Scoreboard tagline associated with successful fan-induced results includes a Heath Ledger voiceover (admittedly we are still in negotiations with his estate): "Hey [insert sample opponent - e.g., Colts]! Why So Serious?" that all the home crowd can accompany with full-throated glee!

The promotion will be advertised on billboards with a picture of The Joker holding a football with a lit fuse in the foreground, and in the background will be several dozen faces of similarly-garbed fans from all walks of life in the background.

This reboot breaks new ground - mostly because, given the lowly state of the Jags, it has to! It represents the first major-studio movie collaboration with the NFL and as such allows for an unprecedented and we think highly creative one-two punch of media types to grow the fan base and launch the franchise into the next phase of marketing in the NFL.

Respectfully submitted,
hairysasquatch, Project Manager, Team 9 Guys, 1 Cup
Old 09-03-2012, 03:13 PM   #317
SpastikMooss

I will post as well then!

Final submission for the renaming of the Jacksonville Jaguars, hopefully to the liking of Shalid Khan and his beautiful mustache

is the Jacksonville Gladiators

Mascot: Will be the American Gladiators. More the early 90's edition that the guys today, so they'll look a little something like this:

Tagline: "Are you not entertained?" Ripped directly from "The Gladiator," but it's a line that really amps people up and I think people would get really excited for it.

Florida already went the "less sports, more fun at the park" route in baseball with the newly branded Miami Marlins, and the Jacksonville Gladiators will continue that route by adding more spectacle to the typical football game. With the current setup fans are forced to watch at Blaine Gabbert goes 10 of 27 with 3 interceptions, but with the Gladiator rebuild fans will actually be able to go participate in American Gladiator mini games in the fanzones instead of watching the game. Events like beating each other senseless with the double ended sticks would provide endless fun, for the very young or the very drunk. And at halftime of every game there would be American Gladiator mini games featuring the mascots themselves, so little kids or girlfriends who hate football could be enticed to the games with the promise of gladiator awesomeness at the break.

Nearby Tampa resident and recent American Gladiators hose Hulk Hogan would join the broadcast booth for all Gladiator games, and his "Real American" WWF theme would frequently pump through the speakers, tying everything together. Using his WWF/WWE ties and his ties to reality television, the halftime show could also draw WWE athletes and celebrities to the Gladiator games, which could entice even more fans. Imagine if Justin Bieber joined the games for a halftime show - the stands would sell out for sure, both due to his fans wanting to see him and those sick of him hoping to see him get beaten in the face by Blaze, Ice, or Turbo. You cant guarantee the Gladiators football team is going to play well at all, but with this rebuild Jacksonville could definitely sell out a lot more games.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:05 PM   #318
mmbtvs
unregistered

Donald BOHICA - The owner of the Jacksonville franchise was very impressed by both presentations. He thought that both were well thought out, and presented tremendously. Ultimately he had to go with his gut, and his gut is afraid of mustaches. That leaves team 9 guys, 1 tube sock as the winners. Congratulations.

Spastikmoos, despite a tremendous effort, your team are the losers unfortunately. Please choose 2 people to come back to the boardroom with you where you will all make your arguements. And unfortunately one of you will be fired.
mmbtvs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:13 PM   #319
Clarka3

this is why going with goofy ideas is a bad call. two quirky ideas, two losses.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:20 PM   #320
hairysasquatch

Oh yes! Round 3 goes to the big boys! Props to Spastikmoos for doing what he could with what he had....
Old 09-03-2012, 10:59 PM   #321
SpastikMooss

Quote:
Donald BOHICA - The owner of the Jacksonville franchise was very impressed by both presentations. He thought that both were well thought out, and presented tremendously. Ultimately he had to go with his gut, and his gut is afraid of mustaches. That leaves team 9 guys, 1 tube sock as the winners. Congratulations.

Spastikmoos, despite a tremendous effort, your team are the losers unfortunately. Please choose 2 people to come back to the boardroom with you where you will all make your arguements. And unfortunately one of you will be fired.
Man, who would've thought that Shalid Khan's greatest strength was his gut's greatest weakness?

Quote:
Oh yes! Round 3 goes to the big boys! Props to Spastikmoos for doing what he could with what he had....
Thanks Sasquatch. Heath Ledger triumphs again, even from beyond the grave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
this is why going with goofy ideas is a bad call. two quirky ideas, two losses.
ttmtrader101 was an easy first choice for the boardroom since he didn't submit any ideas at all (I actually don't think he has participated at all - I can't find any posts by him in this thread). With the above comment from Mr. Cincinnati, I now choose Clarka3 for boardroom guy #2

Last edited by SpastikMooss; 09-03-2012 at 11:01 PM.
SpastikMooss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:10 PM   #322
newton615

Shoulda gone with the Jihads, oh well hindsights always 20/20. Good luck Clarka3!
Old 09-03-2012, 11:25 PM   #323
SportCardBuffet

Quote:
Way to go PM, even the Donald knows there is no messing with Sasquatch

Drinks are on me tonight!
Old 09-03-2012, 11:26 PM   #324
Clarka3

hah. throwing one of the biggest contributors of the team under the bus? I see how we're playing on this team now.

anyway, guess i'll defend myself now while I'm awake.

Not saying my idea would have won us the match, as the Jax Gladiators had a nice ring to it. Was not enthused with the choice of Gladiators that we went with. Doing something with Andy Whitfield's likeness of Spartacus or hell, even Russell Crowe as Maximus would have been more appealing to the younger generation (more likely to be fans of Jax since it was an expansion team). The "American Gladiators" fad was pretty much on the way out before Jax got a team, and I think it would have missed the mark with the generation of the country/city likely to be fans of the franchise. Who is going to pay the outrageous price of admission to an NFL game to play American Gladiator themed mini-games when all of those types of games can be found cheaper. I'm a serious NFL fan, and I wouldn't pay to take my kid (imaginary) to a game only to have to babysit them in the fun zone with these games. Want to do the joust? you can make two pugil sticks for cheap. Want to do that event where they had to dodge the tennis balls being shot at em? use nerf equipment around the house or hell, go paintballing. We all know those were the best two events anyway aside from the eliminator and that kill-the-carrier type game.

going with the Jacksonville Juggernauts (my idea) would have been more appealing than the direction we went. Working a deal with Marvel to get the likeness of the comic book juggernaut for the logo would have been a nice win to get younger fans into the franchise for merchandising alone. Add in Juggernaut animations on the screens and maybe some "juggernauts" walking the aisles, you've got enough entertainment for a kid that keeps them in their seat that you paid 100 plus bucks for.

Plus, Juggernaut is an unstoppable force, whereas gladiator is just somebody that fights in the arena- meaning a juggernaut would have been more intimidating as far as meanings go and had at least a tenuous tie to the city (jax being the largest US city by square mileage).

As far as my track record with the team, i have constantly eschewed ideas that were goofy in nature as I know they would be hilarious, but test hilariously bad. Each silly idea we went with has resulted in a loss for the squad. I came up with the bulk of the last challenge for the crew as well- which turned out to be our only win thus far.

Surprised I got the nod to come in. I strongly believe it was a move by the team leader to remove a strong competitor from the game. Lastly, let's not forget the idea to bring in the mustache was none other than Spastik's, with Newton jumping on the wagon for a mustache ride immediately. Gonna throw me to the wolves? I'll bring you right there with me to the lion's den.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.

Last edited by Clarka3; 09-03-2012 at 11:33 PM.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:41 AM   #325
SportCardBuffet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
hah. throwing one of the biggest contributors of the team under the bus? I see how we're playing on this team now.

anyway, guess i'll defend myself now while I'm awake.

Not saying my idea would have won us the match, as the Jax Gladiators had a nice ring to it. Was not enthused with the choice of Gladiators that we went with. Doing something with Andy Whitfield's likeness of Spartacus or hell, even Russell Crowe as Maximus would have been more appealing to the younger generation (more likely to be fans of Jax since it was an expansion team). The "American Gladiators" fad was pretty much on the way out before Jax got a team, and I think it would have missed the mark with the generation of the country/city likely to be fans of the franchise. Who is going to pay the outrageous price of admission to an NFL game to play American Gladiator themed mini-games when all of those types of games can be found cheaper. I'm a serious NFL fan, and I wouldn't pay to take my kid (imaginary) to a game only to have to babysit them in the fun zone with these games. Want to do the joust? you can make two pugil sticks for cheap. Want to do that event where they had to dodge the tennis balls being shot at em? use nerf equipment around the house or hell, go paintballing. We all know those were the best two events anyway aside from the eliminator and that kill-the-carrier type game.

going with the Jacksonville Juggernauts (my idea) would have been more appealing than the direction we went. Working a deal with Marvel to get the likeness of the comic book juggernaut for the logo would have been a nice win to get younger fans into the franchise for merchandising alone. Add in Juggernaut animations on the screens and maybe some "juggernauts" walking the aisles, you've got enough entertainment for a kid that keeps them in their seat that you paid 100 plus bucks for.

Plus, Juggernaut is an unstoppable force, whereas gladiator is just somebody that fights in the arena- meaning a juggernaut would have been more intimidating as far as meanings go and had at least a tenuous tie to the city (jax being the largest US city by square mileage).

As far as my track record with the team, i have constantly eschewed ideas that were goofy in nature as I know they would be hilarious, but test hilariously bad. Each silly idea we went with has resulted in a loss for the squad. I came up with the bulk of the last challenge for the crew as well- which turned out to be our only win thus far.

Surprised I got the nod to come in. I strongly believe it was a move by the team leader to remove a strong competitor from the game. Lastly, let's not forget the idea to bring in the mustache was none other than Spastik's, with Newton jumping on the wagon for a mustache ride immediately. Gonna throw me to the wolves? I'll bring you right there with me to the lion's den.