Blowout Cards Forums
Trade In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Notices

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Old 08-09-2017, 01:07 PM   #2076
Swipe79

I would ask COMC what the story is on these - very strange that damaged cards would show up almost a year later. I would guess the damaged cards don't really count towards submission dates, as they are not usually processed for sale unless you ask them to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by popmaz View Post
So i sent a submiision of 250 cards in last september, declined items were added to my account 1st, everything else it seemed popped before the due date.....until i get 6 more damaged items added to my account from that same sub last week.

My question is, since it took 11 months for these items to show in my account, does that mean that the submission did not meet its deadline?
Old 08-09-2017, 02:58 PM   #2077
Rabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDPAPER View Post
Perhaps those drawings were as real as The Human Fund....
Good Seinfeld reference.
Old 08-09-2017, 06:08 PM   #2078
Art Vandelay

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDPAPER View Post
Perhaps those drawings were as real as The Human Fund....
Notice of the drawing apparently went out today. I "won", and I use that term very loosely, a 2014 Bowman Sterling Gavin Cecchini autograph.

I wish they would have just donated in my name to The Human Fund (Money for People)...
Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 07:18 PM   #2079
sonnyday

A good friend of mine actually operates a charity called the human fund

http://www.the-human-fund.org/
sonnyday is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:35 PM   #2080
Swipe79

Looks like the site is down again.
Old 08-11-2017, 12:38 PM   #2081
CitizunKane

I purchased my first port yesterday. It wasn't a tremendous deal, but it was a learning experience, and I hope to hit a solid single in resale value.

Anyone have any amazing port purchase stories to share? It's a great way to build some inventory fast, but it's hard to value a large port.
CitizunKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 02:56 PM   #2082
Dielon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyday View Post
A good friend of mine actually operates a charity called the human fund

http://www.the-human-fund.org/
Wow they must have a sense of humor. Not a bad idea honestly
Old 08-11-2017, 04:31 PM   #2083
mjohnatgt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitizunKane View Post
Anyone have any amazing port purchase stories to share? It's a great way to build some inventory fast, but it's hard to value a large port.
I had one that was mainly non-sports with $10,000 in sales prices that I got for $1,000. I have probably sold those cards for approx $3,000. I recommended to COMC that they add port purchases onto the Batch Sales page so we can actually track if they were profitable or not.

And FWIW, don't buy a port right now; just keep cherry-picking cards off LordStanley's sale. Still plenty of meat on the bone.
mjohnatgt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 05:39 PM   #2084
xbignick

I noticed the 16-week is non-guaranteed but the 6 week doesn't mention that? Anyone have a review if the timeline usually is right?

xbignick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 06:37 PM   #2085
jcayce

real basic question, I bought a card last night that I had.

when I realized, I put it back for sale. it sold today, am I charged any fees for that?

thanks
jcayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 07:22 PM   #2086
Jonathon M

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
I noticed the 16-week is non-guaranteed but the 6 week doesn't mention that? Anyone have a review if the timeline usually is right?

My last 16 week submission came back in around 12 weeks I think.
Jonathon M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 07:48 PM   #2087
mjohnatgt

That's weird. Because August 23rd to October 12th is only like 5-6 weeks. Not sure why they're promoting such a quick turnaround on a non-guaranteed 16 week service level. Unless it's October 2018...
mjohnatgt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 08:25 PM   #2088
JustMoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohnatgt View Post
That's weird. Because August 23rd to October 12th is only like 5-6 weeks. Not sure why they're promoting such a quick turnaround on a non-guaranteed 16 week service level. Unless it's October 2018...
Math is hard, yo...
Old 08-11-2017, 09:33 PM   #2089
Branesergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcayce View Post
real basic question, I bought a card last night that I had.

when I realized, I put it back for sale. it sold today, am I charged any fees for that?

thanks
Only if you cash out. Who ever submitted the card paid the fee already.
Branesergen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 09:42 PM   #2090
jcayce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branesergen View Post
Only if you cash out. Who ever submitted the card paid the fee already.
Thank you for the info.
jcayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 04:37 AM   #2091
Jonathon M

Quote:
I purchased my first port yesterday. It wasn't a tremendous deal, but it was a learning experience, and I hope to hit a solid single in resale value.

Bought approx 70,000 card port for $3500 about a couple of months. Bought for 5c a card .. sold almost $1000 already at over 30c a card...
Jonathon M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 10:29 AM   #2092
mc1

My latest submission of about 110 was completed with minor hiccups. 3 cards returned as damaged but nearly 10% had wrong set/player info. Submitted info correction and half of those were "fixed" but still wrong. A day or two later they did finally update correctly. Im curious now as to exactly how they ID cards... is it a human (employee? Challenges?) or do they have some program that is making all these mistakes?
mc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 11:11 AM   #2093
OLDPAPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc1 View Post
My latest submission of about 110 was completed with minor hiccups. 3 cards returned as damaged but nearly 10% had wrong set/player info. Submitted info correction and half of those were "fixed" but still wrong. A day or two later they did finally update correctly. Im curious now as to exactly how they ID cards... is it a human (employee? Challenges?) or do they have some program that is making all these mistakes?
The past two cards that I have had submitted for corrections were still wrong after the first correction....due to either apathy or incompetence one of the csrds took five requests to finally get correct....the other one took a 2nd request.

We all get mistakes happen but there is no excuse for just not giving a crap.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:54 AM   #2094
THSN

Quote:

I'm still trying to figure out whether an offer I'd make on a port would be ridiculously insulting. I'm looking at crazychilla's right now, which has a total asking price of just over $1K. Some of the prices are high, but not terribly so. What's a reasonable offer for something like that?

https://www.comc.com/Promotions/Port...rt_Sale/110345
THSN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 11:58 AM   #2095
thebrett

Found a George Brett I needed in the LordStanley sale and in all the commotion I put it up for sale and it sold within 3 days haha

It's actually pretty hard for me to find Brett cards I need so this is a traumatic part of my day
Old 08-13-2017, 03:45 AM   #2096
cruiserdaddy7

I had a package arrive at COMC today Saturday, and it said undeliverable because the business was closed. It was around 1pm. Usually my stuff seems to arrive fine later in the day on Saturdays. They also shipped me a package today(Saturday) around 3:30pm.

Should I be concerned maybe it was mis-scanned or something? I have little faith in the USPS when things are taken back to offices.
Old 08-13-2017, 09:02 AM   #2097
thebrett

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
I had a package arrive at COMC today Saturday, and it said undeliverable because the business was closed. It was around 1pm. Usually my stuff seems to arrive fine later in the day on Saturdays. They also shipped me a package today(Saturday) around 3:30pm.

Should I be concerned maybe it was mis-scanned or something? I have little faith in the USPS when things are taken back to offices.
Maybe the chimpanzee that normally receives shipment and punts them down the stairs to the room where every box gets dropped on a corner was out to lunch
Old 08-13-2017, 11:05 AM   #2098
1yunggun

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post

My package was undeliverable last Saturday and showed up in my account Monday evening.
Old 08-13-2017, 01:09 PM   #2099
Super32

I finally got my National submission logged in. They gave me a due date of Oct 12, I turned then in July 29. Looks like I penalized several weeks for dropping them off.
Super32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 10:04 PM   #2100
notsublime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super32 View Post
I finally got my National submission logged in. They gave me a due date of Oct 12, I turned then in July 29. Looks like I penalized several weeks for dropping them off.
Exactly what I was thinking. Next time I'll pay the $14 medium flat and mail them from the National. My Premium and select would be listed already.