Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

Notices

ComicBookJunkie Post your Comic Hobby Talk

Old 01-30-2013, 12:44 AM   #1
IndySportsCards

Default Online Comic Shop BlackList - Untrustworthy Retailers

These places on this list have shown to be unreliable and cancel existing orders only to mark up their products, and some have outright lied about availability of the items after a purchase has been made. These are not people/places I feel comfortable spending my hard earned cash. I do not find them trustworthy, and to me, that's important.

If you find yourself being bent over by some scumbag comic website, report them here and I'll update the list. In other words, these diseased shops should be avoided at all costs, you're only asking for trouble by shopping there.

Black Listed Ebay Sellers
Ebay ID: kittyandcharlie - I pre-ordered 2 of the Han Solo Carbonite/Boba Fett action figures (Star Wars Black Label Boba Fett SDCC 2013 w Han Carbonite | eBay) and they only ship one. I contacted ebay and since I pre-ordered more than 45 days in advance I'm SOL. The seller will not refund nor will he respond to my messages. I'm freaking pissed...so anyone wanting to buy from them just be wary their communication is next to nothing and they will just steal your money! - John91C 8/2/13

Ebay Block Buyer Blacklist - Consider Blocking these guys
beeboy50 - Ordered at least 5 Starfire #1 variants from five different sellers. Demanded to return all five using lame excuse.

Murphs who Cancel Orders with Lame Excuses:
Atomic Books - Shows Inventory Available on their web site that's clearly not, but will allow you to order it and tie up your money anyway. They will then cancel your orders as their system does not propertly track available inventory.
Comics America - Cancels orders with lame excuses, then marks same books up
Comixzone - 2x they cancelled on Kyleg40 and put up the item for the ebay price
Dee Puppy Comics - Cancels orders with lame excuses (4X to Indy), then marks same books up
Hill City Comics - Accepts pre-orders, confirms on the release day that pre-orders arrived and set aside, one week later called for an update, cancelled my order and person who answered the call opened the topic that it is selling 5x in ebay.
Limited Edition Comix - Cancelled many Spiderman #1 orders after taking payments, holding up money, etc..
Nostalgia Zone - Claims Hot Comics (Shown in stock) are no longer in stock after you order them
dorokeifer - Amazon seller cancels paid for orders when noticing books are hot, later lists on ebay at inflates prices.
My Comic Universe (on Amazon) - "SHADY SELLER!!! Cancels order on book that becomes hot after delaying delivery for 2 week. Charged my card for 2 weeks, selling items on multiple sites and then claims they can't find book. I'm not buying your BS story. You suck. If you think you'll get a hot book ordering from these unprofessional, unacceptable clowns, think again. THEY SUCK!!"
DreamLandComics - Routinely will cancel hot books on you even after ordering them in stock from their website. Not to be trusted to do the right thing.

Shops with Shoddy Shipping and Packaging:
Hastings - Their Comic Packaging Sucks (large boxes, comics with little padding, arrive Damaged)
Mile High Comics - Multiple Reports of their Packaging sucking big time
Savanah Comics - Packaging is either bad, terrible or atrocious. Comics are damaged more times than they are not.
Mile High Comics - Charge extra for Bags & Boards, but send used, damaged, stained boards. Have sent high dollar books not protected well enough causing damage in transit.

To Be Avoided at all Costs!
The House of Comics - Knowingly sells Reprints and 2nd prints as 1st prints. Avoid this place like the plague.

At Your Own Risk
Dynamic Forces - Gradings Take Forever or Sometimes Not at All. You could get your graded comics next week, next year or never. They do not grade books Fast Track, but modern service which is running around 100 business days

Last edited by IndySportsCards; 06-21-2015 at 08:24 PM.
IndySportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:48 AM   #2
Muaythai

svdauctions- Just a dishonest scumbag ebay seller

please do not shop from this idiot..
Muaythai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:48 AM   #3
John91C

Savannah comics/Homerun Video: ordered 2 copies of Blackacre #1 and 2 copies of Todd the Ugliest Kid and they cancelled the order 1 week later!
Old 01-30-2013, 12:54 AM   #4
kyleg40

They need to sticky this one please
kyleg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:02 AM   #5
thelastword

Could we also list those who do and do not package properly?
thelastword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:04 AM   #6
kyleg40

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastword View Post
Too many to list..Ebay wise..Retailer so far, mile high was horrid
Old 01-30-2013, 01:11 AM   #7
sdoug76
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastword View Post
Shorter list would be those that DO package well.
sdoug76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:15 AM   #8
TheNewGuy

Limited Edition Comix is near the edge.
TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:22 AM   #9
IndySportsCards

Looks like the Comics America guy is a known DOUCHE up there in Canada.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:41 AM   #10
skel1977

Dynamic forces takes forever or not. You could get your comics next week or next year.
Mile high comics packaging sucks
hastings packaging sucks
skel1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:58 AM   #11
chalado

Quote:
Originally Posted by John91C View Post
Savannah comics/Homerun Video: ordered 2 copies of Blackacre #1 and 2 copies of Todd the Ugliest Kid and they cancelled the order 1 week later!
Savannah can be a huge pain sometimes as I think they are fairly new to the online game. Also, their packaging is either bad, terrible or atrocious. My comics are damaged more times than they are not. Just an FYI
chalado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:41 PM   #12
sdoug76
Banned

Oddly enough I ordered a Mind mngt #1 variant from Comics America maybe 10-15 mintues before Indy posted his order was cancelled. Not sure exactly when Indy ordered.

Mine has been shipped. So who knows.
sdoug76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:54 PM   #13
DigsUT

The most recent copies of YA I got from Midtown were banged up. Not really sure if that was during transit, or during handling. So far, it has been hit or miss with Midtown on quality.

The verdict is still out on Milehigh for me. They are replacing the Savage Wolverines that were chewed up through horrific packaging. we will see how the replacements fair.

Limited Edition. Took money, canceled order, still waiting on explanation.

All in all, this makes me want to start up my own store and do it better......oh wait......
DigsUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:09 PM   #14
Zerokruel

I see Hastings on the list already... They murdered my 5 copies of Spidey.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:24 PM   #15
kyleg40

Hastings has been ok to me..Mile high killed me..Its odd, Some got Milehigh fine, some got hastings fine..
Old 02-03-2013, 11:47 PM   #16
kyleg40

Bump to keep it on main page
Old 02-03-2013, 11:54 PM   #17
pinggoy73

Dreamland came through, great packaging, for 2 books, not sure with more than 2 books that requires a bigger box.

Midtown was a missed, on my last order, all 3 comics is bent 20 degrees, i mailed them and customer service just to tell them to put "do not bend " with their envelope mail comics... good thing a big automotive service manual and a 50lbs bowflex dumbell got my comics straight again.

Tfaw has been great with their shipments. +1
pinggoy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:04 AM   #18
kyleg40

I like tfaw, just hate their frequency. I order most of my pre-orders with them, they don't ship for 2 weeks after and I have weekly shipping down.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:40 AM   #19
oldgoldy97

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinggoy73 View Post
Dreamland came through, great packaging, for 2 books, not sure with more than 2 books that requires a bigger box.

Midtown was a missed, on my last order, all 3 comics is bent 20 degrees, i mailed them and customer service just to tell them to put "do not bend " with their envelope mail comics... good thing a big automotive service manual and a 50lbs bowflex dumbell got my comics straight again.

Tfaw has been great with their shipments. +1
Postal workers rarely look at those, sorry to say.

Midtown has send me one that I think they damaged putting in the bag and another was obviously damaged by the PO dropping the box on it's edge.

I don't resell them so it's not a big deal.

The best part of visiting Wisconsin? Leaving.
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:01 PM   #20
techtre2003

Decided to try a couple of these just for fun.

Put in 2 separate orders with Dee Puppy Comics. One was a small $18.00 order, one was a larger $80+ order. Paid with Paypal. 1st order cancelled 6 minutes later. 2nd order cancelled 15 minutes later. I wonder what they do here because they don't sell comics!

Filled up a basket at Atomic Books. After I got all my information entered in and clicked to place the order I got a message that 20 out of the 25 items in my basket had "insufficient stock". Each one of these was a single issue. After that I just left; I guess at least they didn't take my money before they informed me they don't have anything listed on the site.
techtre2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:50 AM   #21
John91C

I once heard tfaw was owned/still owned by Dark Horse Comics...anyone if there's truth to that?
Old 02-13-2013, 01:07 PM   #22
Madrizzle1

I would like to add one to the list. An amazon seller 'hippo books' - they sent me my morning glories #2 in a flimsy envelope - no bag & board - and it looks pretty bad. I'm very disappointed. Debating contacting them.
Madrizzle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:25 PM   #23
IndySportsCards

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdoug76 View Post
Oddly enough I ordered a Mind mngt #1 variant from Comics America maybe 10-15 mintues before Indy posted his order was cancelled. Not sure exactly when Indy ordered.

Mine has been shipped. So who knows.
Did you pay $4.00 for yours?
Old 02-16-2013, 12:19 PM   #24
bigboytoys
Banned

I would like to add Hill City Comics

Accepts pre-orders, confirms on the release day that pre-orders arrived and set aside, one week later called for an update, cancelled my order and person who answered the call opened the topic that it is selling 5x in ebay.

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/c...fessional.html
bigboytoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:04 PM   #25
stardark

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboytoys View Post
I would like to add Hill City Comics

Accepts pre-orders, confirms on the release day that pre-orders arrived and set aside, one week later called for an update, cancelled my order and person who answered the call opened the topic that it is selling 5x in ebay.

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/c...fessional.html
While Hill City isn't exactly reliable they can come through from time to time. But they are definitely guilty of having a poor website, especially in terms of keeping track of current stock.

That said, Comic Book Relief is trash. In addition to being guilty of cancelling orders and having a garbage website, they also have outrageous shipping costs. I routinely purchase books from all over the UK and pay lower shipping costs to get the books sent here to states than what this shop charges.

CONTACT AND LOCATION INFO
stardark is offline   Reply With Quote