Blowout Cards Forums
Trade In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > FANTASY SPORTS TALK > FANTASY BASEBALL

Notices

FANTASY BASEBALL Post your BASEBALL fantasy talk here... daily fantasy and leagues.

Old 12-11-2016, 09:33 PM   #1
Hollywood42

Default Road to Glory: Blowout Dynasty League ($25 yearly)

Current owners:
All paid for 2017
1. Bosox34
2. bshea
3. Cornerstore
4. Dbacksbaseball
5. Firerunner4
6. Highroller
7. HOFAutoRookies
8. Hollywood42 (commish)
9. julusnc
10. silverandblack
11. Sportscards515
12. todderfield

League/Scoring/RosterSettings

Scoring: This is a head to head points league with weekly matchups. Breakdown of the scoring is as follows:

Hitting
R = 1
TB = 1
RBI = 1
BB = 1
K = -1
SB = 1
CS = -1
CYC = 5

Pitching
IP = 3 (1 point per out recorded)
H = -1
ER = -2
BB = -1
K = 1
CG = 3
Shutout = 5
No hitter = 20
Perfect game = 40
Quality Start = 5
L = -5
SV = 5
BS = -3

Rosters will be as follows:
C
1B
2B
3B
SS
OF
OF
OF
Flex
Flex

SP
SP
SP
SP
SP
RP
RP
RP

That's 18 slots for starters. We'll have an additional 12 slots for bench players, plus 2 DL slots, so 30 active roster slots total.

Maximum acquisition limit of 3 each week to prevent the overuse of streaming, and a maximum SP starts limit of 12 each week.

Lineups can be set each day, players will lock individually at the start of each player's game.

Trades: Trade deadline will be in mid-August each year (ESPN gives the LM a few dates to select one when creating/reactivating the league each year, so it'll be set early). Trade review period will be 2 days, and it will take half of the league (6 owners) to veto the trade through ESPN's trade review system. Vetoing should only be done in cases of collusion (owners suspected of collusion are subject to replacement, forfeit of wins, or cash payouts). The veto system is for collusion only, not for bad trades. Bad trades will happen. They are not always the same thing as collusion. Again, vetoes should only be used if collusion is suspected.

Mid-season player pool adds: There may be players that are added to the player pool mid-season. If this is the case, the team that claims them first will be the team that gets them, just like a normal FA/waiver add. This avoids having to police an additional rule. First come, first serve.

Draft details

The draft order each year will be determined by reverse final standings after playoffs (If you won the league, you will have last pick in the first round for next season). The inaugural season's draft order will be determined randomly. Draft will be snake format. We will decide each offseason if the next season's draft will take place online through ESPN or in this thread, though we will try to hold drafts online thru ESPN first. We will target a draft date each year sometime in mid-March.

Draft pick trading: You are allowed to trade draft picks, but only after the draft order has been set (i.e. you cannot trade a future draft pick in the middle of the season). Once a trade including draft picks has been agreed upon, post in this thread and I will update the draft order accordingly.

Eligibility: Only players in ESPN's player pool will be eligible to be drafted in the major league draft. In the minor league draft, any player can be drafted regardless if they are in the player pool or not, provided they meet minor league eligibility (see below) and are not already on roster.

Prospects: Prospects in ESPN's player pool are eligible to be drafted in the major league draft like any other player. However, remember that you may not demote them to your prospect roster, so you will either have to keep them on your major league roster or drop them outright.

Roster freezing after draft: No teams may add players from the free agent pool in ESPN until after the conclusion of BOTH the major league and prospect draft, as there are prospects in the player pool that may be taken in the prospect draft. You must wait to make any roster additions until both drafts complete. You may also not drop any players until both drafts have completed, in order to protect against people bypassing the rule against demoting players (i.e. you are not allowed to take a prospect in the major league draft, wait until the major league draft has been completed, and wait until it's your turn in the prospect draft, drop the prospect from your major league roster, and then take that same prospect with your pick in the prospect league draft). To keep it easy, no dropping any player from your roster until both drafts are completed, regardless of if they are a prospect or not.

Keepers

Each team will get a maximum of 20 players they can keep each year. There is no minimum.

All keepers will cost the same to keep. Assuming all teams keep 20 players, we will have 10 rounds of a draft each year. If 1 team keeps 19 players and all others keep 20, that one team will get an extra draft pick after the first 10 rounds of the draft. In the event that multiple teams elect to keep less than their 20 allotted players, we will hold the normal 10 rounds of a draft and then continue the snake format with teams that still have less than 30 players until all rosters are full.

Keepers will be due by March 1st each season. We will target a draft date in mid-March each year, so keepers will be due by the 1st of March to give teams time to prepare draft strategies.

Prospects Rosters

Each team will have 10 prospects they will get to keep outside of their major league squad on MLB. Please see our league on ESPN for a link to a document with current rosters.

Eligibility: All players on prospect rosters may have no more than 130 MLB at-bats, and no more than 50 MLB innings pitched. An easy way to remember these is that these guidelines are also MLB's rookie limits. After a player exceeds one of these parameters, they must either be dropped from your prospect team, or promoted to your major league team. Any player may be promoted to your major league team, provided they are in ESPN's player pool. If they are not in the player pool, they must be kept on your prospect roster.

Draft: We will hold a prospect draft each year after the major league draft has been completed. The draft order will be the same as the major league draft. In the prospect draft, each team will fill up their prospect roster until they have 10 players. After that point, there will be no prospect team transactions other than trades, drops, and promotions. At the All-Star break, teams will be given an opportunity to drop as many players as they like from their prospect rosters. We will then hold another short prospect draft (order determined by reverse standings at that point of the year, league tiebreakers solve any issues with teams having the same record). After that mid-season draft, no more prospect transactions will be allowed (again, other than trades until the trade deadline, drops, and promotions). This process will repeat each new season or All-Star Break.

Preseason draft eligibility: Any player that is not on another team's roster is eligible to be drafted in the prospect draft. They do not need to be in ESPN's player pool or signed with a MLB/MiLB team in order to be drafted.

Midseason draft eligibility: Any player that is not on another team's roster is eligible to be drafted in the prospect draft. They do not need to be in ESPN's player pool or signed with a MLB/MiLB team in order to be drafted. EXCEPTION- To protect against a loophole allowing people to demote a player (remember that demoting players from your major league roster to your prospect roster is not allowed), is there is a prospect dropped from a major league roster, they must be dropped 7 days before the midseason prospect draft begins (to allow the player to pass through waivers and allow a few days on free agency). This is to prevent teams from dropping a prospect from their major league roster on ESPN and selecting them in the midseason prospect draft before another team has the chance to make a waiver claim or free agency add of that player.

Midseason draft timing: Each season, the midseason prospect draft will be held on the first off day of the All-Star break. The draft will be held in this thread on Blowout. Each team must drop the prospects they wish to drop no later than 7 days before the start of the midseason prospect draft so that the draft order can be set with ample time for teams to prepare for the draft. The 2017 midseason prospect draft will begin on July 10th.

Transactions (promoting/demoting/dropping/trading):
Promoting: If you would like to promote one of your prospects, simply post in the thread for prospect transactions in our league on ESPN league with who you are promoting, and then go ahead and add that player like you would add any other free agent. The promotion will count as one of your 3 acquisitions for the week.
Demoting: Players may not be demoted from your major league roster on ESPN to your prospect roster at any time. This means that if you want to stash a prospect on your major league roster, they'll have to stay there unless you want to risk someone else picking them up. Plan ahead accordingly.
Dropping: A player may be dropped from your prospect roster at any time, but know that you don't gain anything from dropping (other than before one of the minor league drafts) as you cannot refill that roster slot at any time other than the draft. Post in our prospect transaction thread in our league on ESPN with who you want to drop and I will update your prospect roster accordingly.
Trading: Minor leaguers are eligible to be traded, just keep in mind that you may have to adjust your roster a bit to allow the trade to happen. Notify me of a trade including minor leaguers by posting in the minor league transaction thread in our league, and I will make whatever changes that you cannot take care of yourself. Example- Team A trades Mike Trout for Team B's Bryce Harper and Prospect 1. Team A and B should propose and accept the Trout for Harper trade, and then post that the prospect is involved. Trout and Harper will be swapped as usual normally through the league, and I will update the minor league rosters accordingly upon the trade processing.

Keepers: Each team may keep up to 10 of their players from their prospect rosters each year. There is no minimum. The deadline to submit prospect roster keepers will be the same time as major league roster keepers are due (see above)

League Dues/Payouts

There will be a $25 buy-in each year. Total prize pool is $25 x 12 = $300. We will utilize LeagueSafe to store the funds each year and guarantee everything will still be there at the end of the year. It will be paid out as follows:
1st place: 50% ($150)
2nd place: 30% ($90)
3rd place: 10% ($30)
Best regular season record: 10% ($30)

Tiebreakers: 1st/2nd/3rd: Ties for 1st/2nd/3rd will be solved by the tiebreakers put in place in our ESPN league. See the league (once it's created) for what those are. Example- Team A and Team B make it to the championship round and score the exact same number of points. Whichever team wins via the tiebreakers in place in the league will receive first place winnings, and the other will receive 2nd place winnings.

Tiebreakers: Best regular season record: Tiebreakers will not be observed for best regular season record payouts. In the event of a tie, the winnings for best regular season record will be split evenly between all teams that tied for the top record. Example- Team C and Team D both finish the year with a 20-2 record. The league may say one of them finished in a higher place than the other due to the tiebreakers, but the prize money will be split evenly between both teams as they both finished with the same record.

Dues: League dues are due by February 1st of each year in order to lock you in to the next season. This gives us time to find replacements if need be. No refunds will be available if you decide to drop out after you have put in your dues for the year. Sorry, no exceptions. If you join at the start of the year, you are expected to finish out the season.

Late payments: There is an automatic $10 late fee from LeagueSafe for any payments not made on time. On top of that, barring any special circumstances (new owner just taking over, unexpected travel, etc), there will be a $5 penalty to submit a late payment. This means that if you do not make your payment by February 1st, your league dues will jump to $40 for the year. The $10 that LeagueSafe charges automatically will go to their company, and the remaining extra $5 will go into the season-end prize pool and will be distributed based on the percentages above.

Misc. Notes

We pretty good guidelines set in place so far, but there are always things that come up unexpectedly that we'll have to figure out. I reserve the right to edit our settings (given a reasonable amount of time before the draft and not in the middle of a season) if needed.

Last edited by Hollywood42; 05-24-2017 at 11:35 AM.
Hollywood42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 10:14 PM   #2
todderfield

count me in!
todderfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 10:50 AM   #3
Hollywood42

Got a slot reserved for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by todderfield View Post
count me in!
Old 12-12-2016, 01:58 PM   #4
HOFAutoRookies

I'm for sure in, been waiting for one of these.
HOFAutoRookies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 02:04 PM   #5
Hollywood42

Glad to have you aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOFAutoRookies View Post
I'm for sure in, been waiting for one of these.
Old 12-12-2016, 03:02 PM   #6
Firerunner4

I'm in
Old 12-12-2016, 03:05 PM   #7
Hollywood42

Got you signed up, buddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firerunner4 View Post
I'm in
Old 12-12-2016, 03:38 PM   #8
awz50

This looks tempting
Still a Wade Miley Supercollector, I still do not know why
awz50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 03:39 PM   #9
HOFAutoRookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by awz50 View Post
This looks tempting

Join us my man! Dynasty leagues are fun as hell.
Old 12-12-2016, 03:49 PM   #10
Highroller

I'm in
Highroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 03:52 PM   #11
Hollywood42

Welcome back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highroller View Post
I'm in
Old 12-12-2016, 03:58 PM   #12
HOFAutoRookies

Have you thought of just keeping the entire 30-man roster and just doing a rookie/international player draft?
Old 12-12-2016, 04:00 PM   #13
Hollywood42

Something we can discuss when we get a full league. I like the idea of being able to keep a large portion of your roster (so you keep the same core of a team year to year), but still leave some solid value in the draft each year rather than just players from the MLB draft, etc

Quote:
Have you thought of just keeping the entire 30-man roster and just doing a rookie/international player draft?
Old 12-12-2016, 04:01 PM   #14
HOFAutoRookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood42 View Post
Something we can discuss when we get a full league. I like the idea of being able to keep a large portion of your roster (so you keep the same core of a team year to year), but still leave some solid value in the draft each year rather than just players from the MLB draft, etc

Totally understand and makes sense . It is nice being able to reach in the MLB pool for the draft.
Old 12-12-2016, 04:09 PM   #15
Hollywood42

The other main league I'm in (see the massive thread in this section), we have rosters of 30 and keep 25 per year, but draft doesn't have a ton of value. Think it'd be nice to make the draft somewhat worthwhile rather than it just being a pool of backups

Quote:
Totally understand and makes sense . It is nice being able to reach in the MLB pool for the draft.
Old 12-12-2016, 04:10 PM   #16
HOFAutoRookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood42 View Post
The other main league I'm in (see the massive thread in this section), we have rosters of 30 and keep 25 per year, but draft doesn't have a ton of value. Think it'd be nice to make the draft somewhat worthwhile rather than it just being a pool of backups

Right, plus who doesn't like to trade draft picks lol
Old 12-12-2016, 07:19 PM   #17
bshea

I'll join this!
Old 12-12-2016, 07:21 PM   #18
Hollywood42

Good to have you on board!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshea View Post
I'll join this!
Old 12-12-2016, 07:23 PM   #19
Hollywood42

Right around halfway full
Old 12-12-2016, 08:32 PM   #20
silverandblack

Im in.
silverandblack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 08:35 PM   #21
texmcpherson

Ugh, tempted.

Don't really want to have two leagues though

http://s1296.photobucket.com/user/texmcpherson1994/library/?sort=3&page=1
texmcpherson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 08:49 PM   #22
Hollywood42

Got a slot reserved

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverandblack View Post
Im in.
Let me know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by texmcpherson View Post
Ugh, tempted.

Old 12-12-2016, 09:17 PM   #23
Sportscards515

im in
Sportscards515 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 09:20 PM   #24
HOFAutoRookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by texmcpherson View Post
Ugh, tempted.

Just join

Last edited by HOFAutoRookies; 12-13-2016 at 03:33 PM.
Old 12-13-2016, 03:20 PM   #25
Hollywood42

We have 8 people now, so we can probably start discussing a few of our settings while the last few people sign up. Here's what I have on my list of things we should discuss:

1. Agree on a scoring setting that is somewhat balanced between hitters and pitchers
2. Finalize rosters/keepers (I think roster size 30, keep 20 is a good option, but open to hear other opinions. Also could consider adding a cost to each keeper rather than making them all cost the same, but the latter is much easier to deal with and is what I'd be in favor of)
3. Figure out how to handle players that are added to the player pool mid-season. Should they be eligible to be added by whoever picks them up first, or should they be ineligible to be added until the next draft?
4. Finalize payout breakdown (If we don't end up with 10 teams. Just need to get this set before I start asking for people to send in their payments for year 1)

I'm probably missing some stuff, but that's what comes to mind to start