Blowout Cards Forums
2017 nat

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

Notices

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Old 02-02-2017, 05:23 PM   #1
Arianny_Fan

Default Fulda Card Storage

Anyone here try this out? Made to hold cards in top loaders. I'm hoping they can hold up to 130pt holders. If not I'll give them to my kids for Pokemon. Anyway these look pretty cool and different. I ordered 2-10 packs so we'll see how it goes.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01LZ...40_FMwebp_QL65

JASLYN OME PC: https://www.flickr.com/gp/139631202@N06/0x968i
Arianny_Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 07:34 PM   #2
mtedenajimenez

Very interesting, I keep 99% of my collection stored in sleeve+toploader and I've been brainstorming ways that I would eventually display 3/6/9 card sketch puzzles together while still keeping them protected in the sleeve+toploader.

The "TopLoader Bider" by Sportstech only fits 6 on a page in rows of two, so they were out since they don't accommodate the different combos sketch puzzles very well. If they offered the standard 9 card configuration pages, I would have been all over them.

I was thinking of getting custom 9 card toploader pages made, but this Fulda Card storage looks very versatile. It looks like it may block the bottom corners of the cards though, and it has no protection to keep the toploader nice, but maybe you can seal the toploader in team bag or something before putting them in the storage pocket.

Look forward to reading your review on it.
mtedenajimenez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 08:11 PM   #3
beauchampson

keep us posted! i'd love to see how this thing works outside of how it's advertised
beauchampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 08:28 PM   #4
Spider-Fan

Also very curious. Keep us posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtedenajimenez View Post
Very interesting, I keep 99% of my collection stored in sleeve+toploader and I've been brainstorming ways that I would eventually display 3/6/9 card sketch puzzles together while still keeping them protected in the sleeve+toploader.

The "TopLoader Bider" by Sportstech only fits 6 on a page in rows of two, so they were out since they don't accommodate the different combos sketch puzzles very well. If they offered the standard 9 card configuration pages, I would have been all over them.

I was thinking of getting custom 9 card toploader pages made, but this Fulda Card storage looks very versatile. It looks like it may block the bottom corners of the cards though, and it has no protection to keep the toploader nice, but maybe you can seal the toploader in team bag or something before putting them in the storage pocket.

Look forward to reading your review on it.
Have you tried just different size toploaders? You can get 8.511 toploaders and just trim a 9 card page to fit (or 9x12, and just drop it in).
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 09:20 PM   #5
Arianny_Fan

Yes I'm also using this for my sketch card PC. I will see if it holds a top loader/team bag combo. What intrigued me the most about this system was it can hold 24 top loaders per page, and it can be folded to fit in a binder. It helped that the price was way cheaper than the Top Load Binder. I'll keep you guys posted. Hopefully I receive it by next week some time.

Old 02-03-2017, 10:59 AM   #6
powder132366

Interested to see how this works out. I will sometimes set up at a local card show and this seems like it would be a convenient way to already have cards organized and then just lay the pages out on the table.
Old 02-03-2017, 06:06 PM   #7
Faulkenburg

Send a message via AIM to Faulkenburg

Thanks for sharing. I bit. It'll be here Sunday and I'll report back as well.
Old 02-03-2017, 06:31 PM   #8
mtedenajimenez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Also very curious. Keep us posted.

Have you tried just different size toploaders? You can get 8.5×11 toploaders and just trim a 9 card page to fit (or 9x12, and just drop it in).
That's an interesting idea, but I'm not a fan of placing cards by themselves in binder pages. I don't like the stress the binder pockets put on the cards and the plastic that binder sheets are made of tend to put surface scratches on the card if they are moved a lot.

I think there is no protection better than a clean penny sleeve and toploader. The penny sleeve plastic is very soft, gives the card room to "breathe" so the card doesn't get pinched and keeps the card from hitting a wall. Then the toploader acts as the frame that absorbs almost all the normal stress when handling the card. If you put a team bag over it, then you have debris protection, hard to beat.
mtedenajimenez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 11:17 AM   #9
Arianny_Fan

Ok, I finally got it in yesterday. Didn't get a chance to fully use it. I put one top loaded card into it and it holds fine. It's kind of tricking getting a top loader in there as the corner cut outs are exactly cut to fit the top loader perfectly. It is made from the material used in CD/DVD storage binders (the black backing part). I tried putting a game used top loader in but it is too thick for the cut outs. I also tried loading a top loader that is bagged, but that also doesnt fit due to the bag being slightlt larger than a top loader. The snug bags that are exact fit to a top loader does work though. I will try to get one of these pages loaded with top loaders some time this week.

Old 02-14-2017, 04:10 PM   #10
Faulkenburg

Send a message via AIM to Faulkenburg

I forgot about this thread. I received it too and wasn't impressed. I pretty much wasted $12 or so. It's a neat concept, but the material isn't the best and you will only fit a standard card. Don't try anything that won't fit in the slimmest toploader as there is no give. That's not necessarily a bad thing as you don't have to worry about them falling out. I can see using these in binders, but don't plan on using them for any type of display. The material is too cheap looking.