Blowout Cards Forums
super sox

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

Notices

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Old 02-09-2017, 07:43 AM   #1
Nyfancam01

Default Will we get a FEAR THE WALKING DEAD set???

I would love for Cryptozoic to do a set... I know Topps now has "the walking dead" but what about FTWD

Are we ever going to get one ?
Autos. Relics. Dual Relics. I'd collect them!

Has anybody heard anything about a possible card set?

-CAM
Nyfancam01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 08:31 AM   #2
northwellguy

Does Cryptozoic have the licence? Or did Topps scoop it? Or is it still out there available at an ungodly amount?
Old 02-09-2017, 08:40 AM   #3
Nyfancam01

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwellguy View Post
Does Cryptozoic have the licence? Or did Topps scoop it? Or is it still out there available at an ungodly amount?
I know topps has "THE Walking dead"

but not sure about "fear the walking dead"

I hope topps does NOT Have it. I'd much prefer a cryptozoic set.
Nyfancam01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 09:19 AM   #4
kerg

Given Fear the Walking Dead is on the Topps trader app, pretty sure they have the license.
kerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 09:41 AM   #5
Spider-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerg View Post
Given Fear the Walking Dead is on the Topps trader app, pretty sure they have the license.
I'm pretty sure it was included in the deal, and I expect to see cards.
Spider-Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 10:34 AM   #6
jason00

I am hoping for a set, and plan on getting at least an Alicia Debnam-Carey autograph. And since her autograph is just 'ADC' already, no worries about her shortening it for the Topps stickers.
jason00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 11:26 AM   #7
kerg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason00 View Post
I am hoping for a set, and plan on getting at least an Alicia Debnam-Carey autograph.
The God of Topps laughs at your mortal plans...
kerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 03:16 PM   #8
BlueForTheVirus

I've been waiting for this too. Topps definitely has the license and they've mentioned Fear before - here on facebook.

Hopefully that link works, but it's just a promo Fear image with "Fear the Walking Dead Seasons 1 & 2 Collector Box Coming Soon" written on it in a post from August '16. I asked for more information but have yet to hear anything.

And heck yes, I would love to have an ADC autograph. That would be the golden ticket in this product for sure.
BlueForTheVirus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 02:30 AM   #9
AceGambit3

I'd rather Cryptozoic gets a The 100 set off the ground and then beats Topps to the punch in getting an on card Alycia Debnam-Carey autograph out
AceGambit3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 03:50 AM   #10
BlueForTheVirus

I'd go broke for that so fast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceGambit3 View Post
I'd rather Cryptozoic gets a The 100 set off the ground and then beats Topps to the punch in getting an on card Alycia Debnam-Carey autograph out
Old 02-10-2017, 09:19 AM   #11
jason00

Quote:
I have asked Crypto before and they told me they don't have any plans for The 100. It's a shame if neither Crypto or Rittenhouse pick it up - especially Rittenhouse, because The 100 would benefit from their strategy of getting everyone imaginable to sign. There are a lot of minor characters who would still be good pulls.

Here are the two ADC autographs I got from her in person - as you can see, she is already initials only. Can't get much more abbreviated I would hope.

jason00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 11:55 PM   #12
AceGambit3

her initials only autograph is still better than half the crap that people pass off as signatures so I'd be ok with it.

and as for your talks with Crypto & Rittenhouse....what the hell guys????

As much as I love Cryptozoic, i'd rather Rittenhouse's style as The 100 is definitely a full bleed autograph set ripe for expansion.

I'd buy a couple cases or just buy all of Houdini's spots in an archive break lol if it ever happened.

Might be first thing I ever deem worthy enough for a gofundme/kickstarter campaign is getting this set created
AceGambit3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 03:19 AM   #13
fazzle

Quote:
God yes. I don't normally collect non-sports but I would buy SO DAMN MUCH of a set of The 100.
fazzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 02:29 PM   #14
BlueForTheVirus

/sorry to hijack the thread

My desire for The 100 set is so real, I've started a Lexa sketch card collection. My first one was inked by a friend, Valentine M. Smith.

Second one is coming from Tim Proctor, can't wait to see it.

If there were a kickstarter, I'd support it and would love the chance to give some creative input. Fun fact: you can find Lexa's ceremonial sword and her dagger on Amazon. And her headpiece (the gear) is sold at Micheal's.
Old 02-11-2017, 04:21 PM   #15
jdandns

No one roots harder for genre shows to succeed than I do, but I think FTWD would have to get significantly better before they go forward with plans for a set. The show has more or less been a lemon so far, somewhat engaging at its best, laborious viewing at its worst, and AMC is likely aware of that. If they can right the ship, we may yet see cards for it.
Old 02-12-2017, 07:03 AM   #16
jjsmallvillelvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandns View Post
No one roots harder for genre shows to succeed than I do, but I think FTWD would have to get significantly better before they go forward with plans for a set. The show has more or less been a lemon so far, somewhat engaging at its best, laborious viewing at its worst, and AMC is likely aware of that. If they can right the ship, we may yet see cards for it.
I disagree. I think it's awesome! And someone already posted a picture topps released that said season 1 and 2 collectors set coming soon.

I already got nick and Madison's autos from Harry Potter and Lost, respectively.
Green Arrow, Black Canary, and Superman
jjsmallvillelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 03:50 PM   #17
Cujobyte

Quote:
Most of my friends and i have not been able to stomach anything past the first few eps. Laborious is an unnderstatement.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 06:11 PM   #18
gdelan1

If Topps has the license, we'll probably see lots of sets, with lots of sticker autos
gdelan1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 10:57 PM   #19
Angus Con

Quote:
I see no way to right the ship. The show it was advertised to be was the events leading up to the outbreak. They spent like 5 episodes on that. Now it's just a crappier version of TWD with underdeveloped characters. It just feels like Kirkman's arrogance that he can throw anything out there and people will eat it up.

Topps needs to make a proper Preacher set before they go anywhere near Fear in my opinion.
Old 02-13-2017, 06:53 PM   #20
jdandns

I'm hopeful for a Preacher set, too, but I'm thinking AMC is only marginally more happy with Preacher than they are with FTWD, so that might be holding up the cards. Preacher is clearly a more entertaining show, but the execs had to have been counting on higher numbers for it. Preacher was renewed, although not right away as with clear hits, and it seems like that could've gone either way. If Preacher increases viewership in Season 2 over Season 1, the chances for a card set (and season 3 for the show) markedly improve.

For FTWD, if it's true, they likely wanted to wait on the reveal for a few seasons, but I think Madison (Kim Dickens) is somehow related to Rick Grimes (maybe his sister), and the intention is for her group to join up with Rick's someday. If that's the case, they might want to pull the trigger on that now.

Last edited by jdandns; 02-13-2017 at 06:57 PM.
jdandns is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 09:08 AM   #21
jjsmallvillelvr

Quote:
I'm hopeful for a Preacher set, too, but I'm thinking AMC is only marginally more happy with Preacher than they are with FTWD, so that might be holding up the cards. Preacher is clearly a more entertaining show, but the execs had to have been counting on higher numbers for it. Preacher was renewed, although not right away as with clear hits, and it seems like that could've gone either way. If Preacher increases viewership in Season 2 over Season 1, the chances for a card set (and season 3 for the show) markedly improve.

For FTWD, if it's true, they likely wanted to wait on the reveal for a few seasons, but I think Madison (Kim Dickens) is somehow related to Rick Grimes (maybe his sister), and the intention is for her group to join up with Rick's someday. If that's the case, they might want to pull the trigger on that now.
That's almost impossible to make happen without a major time jump given twd is about two years ahead of fear.
Old 02-16-2017, 10:01 AM   #22
Spider-Fan

And they seem to be moving in opposite directions.
Spider-Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 10:34 AM   #23
jjsmallvillelvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
And they seem to be moving in opposite directions.
Yeah and border patrol seems to be out in full force. Lol.
Old 02-16-2017, 06:18 PM   #24
jdandns

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsmallvillelvr View Post
That's almost impossible to make happen without a major time jump given twd is about two years ahead of fear.
True, but if they ever want to do it, last week's WD episode gave FTWD the perfect reveal for when the time comes. All they have to do is, at some point, have Madison tell someone the exact story about the rock in the road that Rick told and finish it by saying her mother is the person that told the story to her and that would make the connection.

Last edited by jdandns; 02-16-2017 at 06:29 PM.
jdandns is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 04:41 AM   #25
jjsmallvillelvr

Quote:
True, but if they ever want to do it, last week's WD episode gave FTWD the perfect reveal for when the time comes. All they have to do is, at some point, have Madison tell someone the exact story about the rock in the road that Rick told and finish it by saying her mother is the person that told the story to her and that would make the connection.
I don't know. I don't think they'll do that, imo.