GoBeavs

Default Grimm props for sale

Starts tomorrow morning.

https://www.estatesales.net/OR/Portland/97210/1428702
Old 03-11-2017, 02:29 PM   #2
Wyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBeavs View Post
Wow. Wish I was anywhere near Portland. Love that show and am going to miss it. Would love to have a sign from the Spice Shop...
Old 03-12-2017, 12:38 AM   #3
hannahs1

So much cool stuff to be had
hannahs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 01:08 AM   #4
GoBeavs

Just got back home a little while ago. Thought getting there an hour before opening would be early enough. NOPE! They only let in 250 people at a time. My buddy & I were somewhere in the 800-1000 range. At one point I walked around the block to see how long the line went. It was at least double from where we were.

Finally got in around 4. If I had known it was going to take that long I'd have skipped the wait and gone home. Only had about a hour to shop, and only was able to canvas about 2/3 of the stuff. Picked up a cool clock, a cheesy lamp, some rugs, and other misc. stuff. Lots of deals to be had on clothes, but I didn't have enough time to check it out very well.

Hard to tell if the items were "on show" props, or just stuff the crew/staff used in their offices. Although there was a fair amount of items that were marked with what episode, or which room it was in. At one point I had a rug from one of the on-show living rooms, but someone snagged it from my stash while I was looking elsewhere.

They did have a massive spice rack there from the show. I didn't see it, but my buddy told me it was $1500. I did see some cool stuff in the holding area that the earlier shoppers had reserved; like a well marked door to a police office. Maybe the funniest items were boxes of skulls or "guts" for $50.

Not sure I'd do something like that again, but was definitely worth the experience.
Old 03-12-2017, 03:23 PM   #5
Wyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBeavs View Post
Just got back home a little while ago. Thought getting there an hour before opening would be early enough. NOPE! They only let in 250 people at a time. My buddy & I were somewhere in the 800-1000 range. At one point I walked around the block to see how long the line went. It was at least double from where we were.

Finally got in around 4. If I had known it was going to take that long I'd have skipped the wait and gone home. Only had about a hour to shop, and only was able to canvas about 2/3 of the stuff. Picked up a cool clock, a cheesy lamp, some rugs, and other misc. stuff. Lots of deals to be had on clothes, but I didn't have enough time to check it out very well.

Hard to tell if the items were "on show" props, or just stuff the crew/staff used in their offices. Although there was a fair amount of items that were marked with what episode, or which room it was in. At one point I had a rug from one of the on-show living rooms, but someone snagged it from my stash while I was looking elsewhere.

They did have a massive spice rack there from the show. I didn't see it, but my buddy told me it was $1500. I did see some cool stuff in the holding area that the earlier shoppers had reserved; like a well marked door to a police office. Maybe the funniest items were boxes of skulls or "guts" for $50.

Not sure I'd do something like that again, but was definitely worth the experience.
Thanks for the report! There are some hearts and skulls up on eBay already with starting bids of $25 each, but nothing else has been posted. I figure it'll trickle out over time.

Having a piece of it would've been cool, but them's the breaks!
Old 03-12-2017, 04:42 PM   #6
cmixer

^ Yes, thanks for the update.
Sounds like there was decent deals (especially if you're familiar with the show & read the tags); but not a super-clearance at 'steal' prices.
cmixer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 08:55 AM   #7
Danni1185

Wow, that's so awesome. I'm a huge fan of the show.
Danni1185 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 12:37 PM   #8
Danni1185

I heard that a lot of the good stuff sold but they're bringing in new stuff all week. If anyone goes and has anything for sale please let me know. I'd love to own something from the show, even if it's just something small.
Old 03-16-2017, 02:23 PM   #9
Danni1185

I heard that anything under $50 is half price now and they have put new stuff out. It's killing me that I'm missing out on all that great stuff!
Old 03-30-2017, 01:43 PM   #10
cmixer

Was super happy to buy this off a kind eBAY seller --

I wanted any costume or prop that could be linked to an online photo.
BANG! For the Personal Collection.

Old 03-30-2017, 03:46 PM   #11
Danni1185

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmixer View Post
Was super happy to buy this off a kind eBAY seller --

I wanted any costume or prop that could be linked to an online photo.
BANG! For the Personal Collection.
Nice! I've been going a little overboard with buying props..lol

Here are photos of everything I've picked up so far (minus a couple of things in transit, 2 watches and a brass sailboat). The decorative glass jar (first pic) is huge and so pretty on my living room table. The only thing I've been able to match from the show is the brown bottle on the end. It's from the trailer. The lid is tilted slightly and can be seen on top of the cabinet/drawers just inside the door of the trailer with other bottles. It also survived the fire and has black paint on one side. I actually saw what I think is the same bottle in last week's episode when Trubel was in the Spice Shop basement. I only saw it for a few seconds, but I'm pretty sure that was it. The brown spice shop bottle and glass apothecary bottle on the end both have contents/powder in them.

I've been re watching the show and looking specifically at props and I've noticed that they re-use the props a good bit in different locations. I think most things from this sale other than main items are from seasons 4-5-6. I can't wait to hopefully spot some of my other items on screen!

Last edited by Danni1185; 03-30-2017 at 04:26 PM.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:23 PM   #12
Wyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danni1185 View Post
Nice! I've been going a little overboard with buying props..lol
I had to rein myself in a little. I've got 3 that I purchased (well, 5 - one was a lot of 3 scoops from the spice shop that I've not had time to definitively match, since one of them is tiny and one is an odd little spoonlet), including a nice big jar with a spice shop label on it. Given what I paid for it and what similar jars are going for now, I feel okay.

I'm bummed that I didn't pull the trigger on a Monroe cardigan the first day; the ones that have come back up have been pretty plain, and priced about 3-5x as high.

Looks like the only one you and I ended up fighting over was that monument... ::shakes fist::
Old 03-31-2017, 08:56 AM   #13
Danni1185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyrm View Post

Looks like the only one you and I ended up fighting over was that monument... ::shakes fist::
Oops - sorry about that monument piece!

I also bought the lot of 5 purple ties that ended a couple of nights ago. It looks like only 1 of them was show worn and I found the episode that both the actor and the Wesen wore it in. I figure if I decide to get rid of the 4 that have tags on them I can more than make my money back.

I saw those scoops. I know there are usually some hanging on that post at the spice shop counter.

I'm kicking myself for not getting one of the jars with the blue and white labels. They are way too high now but I really want one. I'm hoping one pops up with a cheap BIN.
Old 03-31-2017, 06:19 PM   #14
Wyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danni1185 View Post
Oops - sorry about that monument piece!
lol It's all good

Quote:
I also bought the lot of 5 purple ties that ended a couple of nights ago. It looks like only 1 of them was show worn and I found the episode that both the actor and the Wesen wore it in. I figure if I decide to get rid of the 4 that have tags on them I can more than make my money back.
I actually thought about those, but couldn't imagine what I'd do with 5 of the same tie. If I come up with anything I know you collect I may offer to trade you for one of them.

The scoops I got, one of them is so small I don't know if I'll ever spot it. The other is the right size and shape to be the one here:

Old 03-31-2017, 09:24 PM   #15
gdelan1

There are literally tons of these props online now if anyone is looking for them
gdelan1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 10:16 PM   #16
AceGambit3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdelan1 View Post
There are literally tons of these props online now if anyone is looking for them
Yeah I'm watching a few of them but the 24% buyers premium after closing is a bit of a turn off.
AceGambit3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 10:59 PM   #17
gdelan1

I meant on eBay

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old 04-01-2017, 01:54 AM   #18
Wyrm

Quote:
It's been interesting to watch the prices rise as people found out about the auctions. At this point, I'm getting more cautious, since anybody in the Pacific NW with a sharpie and an old shirt can score 40-80$ easily. At least, in the eBay auctions. Dusty old jar from a yard sale? Probably finds a buyer at $35 without blinking.

There aren't nearly as many items up on eBay as there are in the official auction. It's got over 1500 separate listings. Some amazing stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceGambit3 View Post
Yeah I'm watching a few of them but the 24% buyers premium after closing is a bit of a turn off.
Just factor it into your bid. It was hard for me to make that shift at first, but then I bought a card for what started out seeming like a fair price, only to get shanked by the extra 20%. Which made me understand why I got it for what at first looked like it was under "market value." I didn't. After BP, I overpaid market value substantially.

I'm going to love watching where that trunk ends.

Same company's running an auction of "Bones" props, but it's not nearly as fun or exotic.
Old 04-01-2017, 02:33 AM   #19
gdelan1

Do you have the link for the real auction?

Old 04-01-2017, 09:28 AM   #20
Danni1185

https://auction.screenbid.com/view-a...catalog/id/75/
Old 04-02-2017, 12:20 PM   #21
gdelan1

yeah, the 24% buyers premium + $15 handling + shipping on any item is a little rough. Say you won something for $50, you'd be adding on an additional $40 at a minimum. Highway robbery.
Old 04-02-2017, 04:52 PM   #22
Wyrm

Quote:
yeah, the 24% buyers premium + $15 handling + shipping on any item is a little rough. Say you won something for $50, you'd be adding on an additional $40 at a minimum. Highway robbery.
It takes more foresight with bidding, but as long as you take those factors into account it's not too unusual. You just have to recognize that you're not paying what you bid, you're paying what you bid plus all the fees. I mean, the 24% is on the high end from what I'm used to for auctions, but it's all revealed up front.

Except the shipping. The absence of specific shipping costs actually scares me enough that unless I were going for a really high-end item and didn't care about the money, I'd be leery. It would surprise me if any of the items had less than an additional $20 tacked on for shipping, and the furniture is going to be hundreds. If I were bidding on anything big, I'd call the AH and find out from them what the shipping would be for the item I'm looking at, so I could factor that into my bidding.

It is *easy* to get burned on buyer's premiums in these auctions. Like I said up-thread I've done exactly that. A lot of AHs are counting on people not paying attention. So I agree with you, and am mainly posting to encourage anyone who's looking at the shinies here to have a calculator handy while deciding what they can bid.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:08 AM   #23
Danni1185

Default Grimm Tie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyrm View Post
lol It's all good
I actually thought about those, but couldn't imagine what I'd do with 5 of the same tie. If I come up with anything I know you collect I may offer to trade you for one of them.
Not sure what I would want to trade for one of the ties but I would be up for that!
Old 04-03-2017, 10:07 AM   #24
cmixer

I bought a single unremarkable tie off eBay, just to watch the show & match against for fun.
Old 04-03-2017, 05:05 PM   #25
gdelan1

I think I'll stick with the cards.