Blowout Cards Forums
bronx blaster aaron judge

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

Notices

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 07-09-2011, 02:44 AM   #1
hipro1994

Default Bryce Harper is douche

so me and a bro go to the all-star fanfest and go by the mlb.tv booth and they are going to have bryce harper come in so we wait im thinking this is going to be cool. we wait about 10 mins he shows up and they start of asking about his change from C to LF and he says its a little odd considering he never played LF. Then the mlb.tv people say he has a great arm they ask how fast he threw as a pitcher he says "well dont wanna sound cocky but i threw about 98 99 mph off the mound" then we want an auto about me and another 15 people he says no autogrpahs bro im tired i just got done shooting with dan majerle what an ahole
Old 07-09-2011, 02:56 AM   #2
pigeonsbaseball

That makes him a "douche"? He's 18, batting +.300, and maybe he was tired. Sorry does he owe every single person who asks for an auto an auto????? Sorry you didn't get one but I've read too many stories about him signing hundred's of auto's to write him off for one incident. You ever had a bad/long day?
pigeonsbaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 02:59 AM   #3
Anderdale

no player is entitled to sign autographs. tim hudson blew my wife and I off at a game and now she doesn't like him. I think that is stupid, since when does bryce harper or tim hudson owe us autographs?
Old 07-09-2011, 03:17 AM   #4
Highcheese4U

Nobody owes autographs, timing is everything and you didn't have it. Doesn't make him a douche.
Highcheese4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 03:31 AM   #5
LincecumPC

As fans we have to be careful about making snap judgments on professional athletes. It's so easy for us to judge them on one incident. If we had a good experience with one athlete on one occasion and then on the next occasion we have a bad one, that doesn't make him a jerk. Sure there are ways to be polite and say no but they by no means don't owe us anything but respect.

It's also hard to know what it's like to have people profit off you big time. There are so many dealers out there that ruin it for the common fan who honestly would just want a handshake or a smile.
Old 07-09-2011, 04:45 AM   #6
deadwaxsociety

But he did blow you a kiss right????!
deadwaxsociety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:09 AM   #7
TheCardKid3511

I feel that all these people who are giving him negative comments and saying he is a jerk are just jealous. Nobody wants to sign after a workout, much less a workout then interview where you are asked the same questions everytime. He is getting paid to play baseball not sign autographs for fans. I know their are plenty of pro players that don't sign and I don't see threads about them being douches.

Collecting: Sonny Gray
TheCardKid3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:22 AM   #8
u_want_my_cards
Banned

Why? He isnt guaranteed to sign. At least he even talked to you guys. Usually he doesnt. And do you know prob how many people ask for his auto in a week? My guess is A LOT!
u_want_my_cards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:22 AM   #9
oldgoldy97

With the prospects of having to stand around and sign for you and another 15 people, maybe he wasn't really liking that idea. Other classy athletes, Cal Ripken comes to mind, would have spent the time to sign, knowing full well that if there weren't any fans, there wouldn't be any professional sports.
Emmitt Smith, on the other hand, is a total douche for not signing for me when it was just me and him in a hallway .
oldgoldy97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:30 AM   #10
tonedef2oo8

Wow so you did all that and he still stiffed you? Amazing you did all that standing around for a whole 10 minutes, how dare he deny you an autograph, doesn't he know he is supposed to sign for you and everyone around you?

Get over yourself, you went to a fan fest not an autograph signing.
tonedef2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:29 AM   #11
Jaypers
Bowman Scout

What a douche! Futures star Harper visits children's hospital | nationals.com: News

Friends don't let friends slide head first.
Jaypers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:32 AM   #12
mnvikingstwins

Maybe he'd sign autographs if you worked on your spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization.
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:50 AM   #13
YankeesKRD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
Maybe he'd sign autographs if you worked on your spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization.
Brilliant.
YankeesKRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:07 AM   #14
BostonNut

Why the hell would you bring a bro? If you want a dude to sign you need to bring hoes. Bucket fulls of hoes. Scantily dressed hoes. Not bros....hoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipro1994 View Post
so me and a bro go to the all-star fanfest and go by the mlb.tv booth and they are going to have bryce harper come in so we wait im thinking this is going to be cool. we wait about 10 mins he shows up and they start of asking about his change from C to LF and he says its a little odd considering he never played LF. Then the mlb.tv people say he has a great arm they ask how fast he threw as a pitcher he says "well dont wanna sound cocky but i threw about 98 99 mph off the mound" then we want an auto about me and another 15 people he says no autogrpahs bro im tired i just got done shooting with dan majerle what an ahole
Old 07-09-2011, 10:11 AM   #15
Tyler
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypers View Post
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:14 AM   #16
gmarutiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderdale View Post
no player is entitled to sign autographs. tim hudson blew my wife and I off at a game and now she doesn't like him. I think that is stupid, since when does bryce harper or tim hudson owe us autographs?
At least it wasn't the other way around! Although, he definitely would've owed her an autograph after that.
gmarutiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:15 AM   #17
TheHeel

Welcome to the society of entitlement!
TheHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:24 AM   #18
gmarutiak

After reading the title of the thread, it was pretty easy to guess that it really meant, "If he had just signed for me, he would be the coolest dude ever."
gmarutiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:31 AM   #19
89Giants

I was there as well for the interview with jonathan mayo. He clearly said a few times that he hadnt been to sleep for 24-36 hrs and they have been running around town non stop since he got to az. Mayo even told everyone waiting for his auto that he wont sign today but he would at the futures game. He isnt a douche this guy is just pissed about not getting his auto.

Tradelist: http://www.sportscardfun.com/trader/bonds25.asp
89Giants is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:41 AM   #20
IndySportsCards

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post
Welcome to the society of entitlement!
Donít Pay Income Tax? 47%
Barry's Aproval Rating? 47%
Old 07-09-2011, 10:48 AM   #21
obenheimer

I attend so many minor league games and I get shut out all the time by players. I have seen players walk right on by without even turning to look at me and then go stand and talk to another player for 10 minutes. Not stretch or warm up, just talk. I think to myself he could have taken 30 seconds to sign my cards, but no. When that happens, I don't get mad, I just come back the next day or day after that and try again. If I never get him, that's fine with me.

Like others have said, these players don't have to sign. A lot of players remember and learn people who they have signed for in the past and if they see those people in a crowd, they won't sign. Maybe Bryce was tired and didn't want to sign, but he might have also noticed someone he didn't like in the group of 15 and had already made his mind up that he wasn't going to sign. Good thing you don't go to minor league games, otherwise this forum will be filled with your douche bag posts of players who didn't sign for you.
obenheimer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:57 AM   #22
natbornkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderdale View Post
really ?
Old 07-09-2011, 10:59 AM   #23
natbornkiller

bryce herpies did not sign for me

Last edited by natbornkiller; 08-08-2012 at 04:39 AM.
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:08 AM   #24
Laxbam619

no need to call him a douche because you feel entitled to his autograph, it took 5 minor league games that I went to of his before I finally got him to sign. If your in AZ for the weekend just keep a look out for him, maybe you'll catch him at the right time.

On a side note OP, how old are you? I've seen him have no problem signing autographs for young kids and people around his age like I am, but he always seems to snub the older crowd.
2012 Absolute Russel Wilson NFL JSY Auto /299
Laxbam619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:09 AM   #25
Yankeesfan777

hey man I was at 2 of his first 4 HBG senators games this week and at both games the kid next to me got the last auto. both times I asked him if he would sign one more for me and both times he said he had to go. It is just timing like someone else said you just have to be at the right place at the right time