Blowout Cards Forums
2016 international shipping

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > FOOTBALL BOX & CASE BREAKS

Notices

FOOTBALL BOX & CASE BREAKS Post Your FOOTBALL Box & Case Breaks Here!

Old 09-01-2011, 09:54 PM   #1
alexlazarevich

Default (1 case) 2011 Topps Finest Football

Nothing for sale here now, have a potential buyer already lined up. If that buyer passes, I will sell these cards on this forum.
  • I pulled 16 auto hits in 1 case.
  • I did NOT pull any auto's of the top RC's in the 2011 class. This supports rumors that the top 6 RC's (Newton, Ingram, Julio, Ponder, Locker, AJ Green) are all very short printed. I haven't check eBay tonight (9/1), so I could be wrong. But this is the same thing Topps did with Inception. These top RC's are very short printed. Great for long term value if these guys become stars, but boy does it make it tough for case breakers, or anyone busting product.
  • I was missing the case hit (on card RC auto).
  • I was only able to build 1 complete base set 1-125 from 1 case, collation is average for Topps (not very good) as some #'s I have 4-5 copies, while others just 1 copy.
  • There is an very fine powder that is on some of the insert cards (Finest Moments) The powder wipes off easily with a cotton towel but you need to be careful not to ding the card. Luckily Finest cards are very tough. I've seen this powder in other products. 2010 Panini Limited Football has this powder all over the place. It's weird, I have no idea what it is.
  • I LOVE the look of the Finest Atomic Rookie Inserts. These cards pull at 1 per mini box, so that's 16 per case, although I pulled 17 of them in 1 case.
  • Tons of parallels in this product of course. I love it. I didn't get anything great, but I just love pulling those low #'d parallels of stars.
  • I pulled 30 base refractor parallels in 1 case.
  • I pulled 18 base atomic refractor parallels /399 in 1 case.
  • I pulled 5 base blue refractor parallels /99 in 1 case.
  • I pulled 4 base gold refractor parallels /50 in 1 case.
  • I pulled 1 base red refractor parallel /25 in 1 case.
  • I pulled 19 Finest Moments inserts in 1 case.
  • I pulled 4 Finest Moments refractors parallel inserts in 1 case.

These are what the Veteran Jersey Auto's look like:

These are the RC Jersey Auto's:

These are the RC Patch Auto's:

These are the Finest Atomic Rookies:

These are the base refractor parallels (no s/n):

These are the base atomic refractor parallels /399:

These are the base blue refractor parallels /99:

These are the base gold refractor parallels /50:

These are the base red refractor parallels /25:

These are the Finest Moments inserts (no s/n):

The Finest Moments inserts also come in at least a refractor parallel:

And here's scans the 16 hits in the case:

(3) Veteran Jersey Auto’s:
Paul Posluszny 229/589
Ahmad Bradshaw 081/189
DeAngelo Hall (refractor parallel) /??

(5) Rookies Jersey Auto’s:
Niles Paul 054/589
Torrey Smith 246/589
Vincent Brown 009/589
Von Miller 013/339
Ryan Williams (refractor parallel) 27/75

Rookie Patch Auto’s:

Taiwan Jones 047/599
Edmond Gates 194/599
Kendall Hunter 352/599
Austin Pettis 574/599

Rookie Patch Auto’s (refractor parallels)

Stevan Ridley (refractor) 42/99
Shane Vereen (refractor) 53/99
Jerrel Jernigan (blue refractor) 62/75
Bilal Powell (red refractor) 40/50

*********************************************************************************

I will be posting the case results later tonight, but first I'm looking for some advice from other case breakers.

I busted 1 case of Topps Finest this afternoon on lunch break. I did not pull one of these cards:

AUTOGRAPH CARDS - At Least 1 Per Case!
On-Card Rookie Autograph Refractor Variation Cards
35 Rookies have signed their names directly to each of their cards at the 2011 NFL Rookie Premiere Photo Shoot. Each player's numbered card displays a new phot, and the same number as his base Rookie card.
Available in Parallels:
- Super-Fractor - 1 of 1!
- Mosaic Refractor - Numbered to 10
- Red Refractor - Numbered to 25
Finest Moments Autograph Cards
25 top Rookies and Veterans are featured and highlighted with their signature.
- Available in a 1/1 Super-Fractor parallel.

I bust a lot of product, and I've never requested replacements/additional cards due to shortages. But after getting beat up on breaks recently, I'm tempted to try and get one of the cards I was promised.

My question is, what exactly do I have to do? And two, is it even worth it. Already I feel like I've wasted too much time on it for what will probably be a $10-$20 replacement card. After all, I have 9 more cases to deal with and i'm already short on time.

Thanks for any advice.

Last edited by alexlazarevich; 09-02-2011 at 10:14 AM.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:58 PM   #2
I pull scrubs

Well, Topps customer service is terrible at best, but I wish you good luck Alex and I always look forward to seeing your big breaks.
I pull scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:05 PM   #3
dthimesch

You might as well ask for the replacement. After all it is the case hit you were missing. I would save the boxes and packs just to be as prepared as possible as you never know what Topps is going to want from you to get the replacement.
dthimesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:22 PM   #4
alexlazarevich

Quote:
Originally Posted by I pull scrubs View Post
Well, Topps customer service is terrible at best, but I wish you good luck Alex and I always look forward to seeing your big breaks.
I just keep laughing at your screen name. I can't stop laughing. I imaging you sitting at a table, opening box after box, pulling scrub after scrub, but you keep opening... another scrub, ****!!!!, okay one more pack.... another scrub, ****!!!

heh.

I wonder what a non-card collector would think "I pull scrubs" means? They would have no clue what you were talking about.

Thanks for the advise dudes. I'm going to blow the decision off until tomorrow.

I'll update the original post with case break results soon...
Old 09-01-2011, 10:26 PM   #5
dacaptain37

if you pulled any refractors of the guys in my sig, lmk!
dacaptain37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:31 PM   #6
Jrthurmer

I busted 2 boxes of 2008 topps jumbo. Suppose to get 2 autos a box and didnt get any this was opened in front of the card shop owner. Topps sent 4 common autos.
Jrthurmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:53 PM   #7
ManInTheMirror
Banned

Good luck Alex.
ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:04 PM   #8
TOMBB25

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlazarevich View Post
I will be posting the case results later tonight, but first I'm looking for some advice from other case breakers.

I busted 1 case of Topps Finest this afternoon on lunch break. I did not pull one of these cards:

AUTOGRAPH CARDS - At Least 1 Per Case!
On-Card Rookie Autograph Refractor Variation Cards
35 Rookies have signed their names directly to each of their cards at the 2011 NFL Rookie Premiere Photo Shoot. Each player's numbered card displays a new phot, and the same number as his base Rookie card.
Available in Parallels:
- Super-Fractor - 1 of 1!
- Mosaic Refractor - Numbered to 10
- Red Refractor - Numbered to 25
Finest Moments Autograph Cards
25 top Rookies and Veterans are featured and highlighted with their signature.
- Available in a 1/1 Super-Fractor parallel.

I bust a lot of product, and I've never requested replacements/additional cards due to shortages. But after getting beat up on breaks recently, I'm tempted to try and get one of the cards I was promised.

My question is, what exactly do I have to do? And two, is it even worth it. Already I feel like I've wasted too much time on it for what will probably be a $10-$20 replacement card. After all, I have 9 more cases to deal with and i'm already short on time.

Thanks for any advice.
I went through this with Topps when I busted my case of ginter. I tried doing the email/phone route and it was a pain, then they said their email wasn't working and couldn't open my scans.

1. Cut the UPC's off of every Box(2 pack box), paste them on a piece of paper (tape or glue) Cross out the UPC's and write the date of the break on the paper.
2. Write a letter of explanation that you were missing your promised case hit....
3. Send in a copy of your receipt, if it was from BO, the confirmation of final payment email is good enough.
4. Include a couple pack wrappers.
Send it to them priority in a flat rate envelope, you'll have a card within two weeks.
TOMBB25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:27 PM   #9
alexlazarevich

Original post is updated with details of the break, including scans.

Thanks for all the kind words, it's nice to be back posting again.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:03 AM   #10
PackAttack419

If you have 9 more cases, you might as well sit on them and sell them when the price goes up. To me, this product isn't nearly as nice as last years finest, but most ppl seem to be saying it ll go up in price
Old 09-02-2011, 12:11 AM   #11
kajshack

So no Finest Moments autos or your on-card RC auto - basically no extra hits at all...that's rough.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:16 AM   #12
Josh611

Do all of the tops rookies have the Base version of the auto patch? I haven't seen one of them with the jumbo jersey yet. I believe all of the top rookies if the have the base version are /100 like some of them last year but im not to sure.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:43 AM   #13
jerrryhack28

Is the Vereen or Ridley an Error? Since they are both wearing number 34?
Old 09-02-2011, 10:19 AM   #14
anusinha

Very nice break recap, i enjoy reading about the big breaks. I think if youre looking to make the most money off of finest, you should flip your cases sealed, I know you got a good price on them and should make a decent gain.

anusinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:52 PM   #15
I pull scrubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlazarevich View Post
I just keep laughing at your screen name. I can't stop laughing. I imaging you sitting at a table, opening box after box, pulling scrub after scrub, but you keep opening... another scrub, ****!!!!, okay one more pack.... another scrub, ****!!!

heh.

I wonder what a non-card collector would think "I pull scrubs" means? They would have no clue what you were talking about.

Thanks for the advise dudes. I'm going to blow the decision off until tomorrow.

I'll update the original post with case break results soon...
I had actually bought a couple of boxes at a local show and the guy told me about the blowout site a few years ago - of course the breaks were not too good and I got on here and it was the first thing that came to mind as my user name - anyway, Finest seems to be a pretty looking card as usual but the veteran player auto selection is a big dropoff from last year IMO (especially if you campare Bradshaw and a DeAngelo Hall redemption to Peyton Manning, Dree Brees, Joe Flacco etc from last year) I do think the patches I've seen on the rookies are better than last year + the chance of a nice on-card auto- I've busted 3 boxes and the best card was a Ponder 3 color patch /99 - will probably bust another box to get my base set complete. Thanks again for your posts and breaks - guys like you really make this a great site.
I pull scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote