Blowout Cards Forums
bellinger

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Notices

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2012, 07:59 PM   #1
cbooker
Member
 
cbooker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: phoenix, az
Posts: 656
Default question about comc.com

is this website realiable and do alot of people buy base cards off of the site
__________________
photobucket:
http://s387.photobucket.com/albums/oo317/cbooke5/
Sports Card Album:
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cbooker
cbooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:10 PM   #2
TheHeel
Member
 
TheHeel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: www.wherescorbin.com
Posts: 9,690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbooker View Post
is this website realiable and do alot of people buy base cards off of the site
yes and no
__________________
48,230
Stand up against racists, bigots, and those who support them.
Pending Deals:
TheHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:24 PM   #3
Chaddie84
Member
 
Chaddie84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 8,030
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbooker View Post
is this website realiable and do alot of people buy base cards off of the site
It's 100% legit. I've been a seller on the site for almost 2 years and have managed to sell over 16K cards for $16K in credit. I've also purchased over 10,000 cards off the site for flipping on the site or to ship to me. The fee structure makes it difficult to make it worthwhile buying or selling commons, but most everything else does well on the site.

Here's a great thread full of questions, answers and testimonials:
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/e...timonials.html

-Chad
__________________
Chaddie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:44 PM   #4
cbooker
Member
 
cbooker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: phoenix, az
Posts: 656
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post
It's 100% legit. I've been a seller on the site for almost 2 years and have managed to sell over 16K cards for $16K in credit. I've also purchased over 10,000 cards off the site for flipping on the site or to ship to me. The fee structure makes it difficult to make it worthwhile buying or selling commons, but most everything else does well on the site.

Here's a great thread full of questions, answers and testimonials:
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/e...timonials.html

-Chad

what about for selling base cards, any good
__________________
photobucket:
http://s387.photobucket.com/albums/oo317/cbooke5/
Sports Card Album:
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cbooker
cbooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:48 PM   #5
37Jetson
Member
 
37Jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Chattanooga TN
Posts: 12,448
Default

I would say any card that does not realistically sell for $1.00 is not a good candidate for COMC. It cost $.20 to list the card plus the $3.00 lot fee and postage. The buyer has to pay $.15-$.25 per card for postage. These are the reasons that I advise to steer away from base cards. Sportlots might be a better avenue for your base cards. The commission percentage is higher, but it does not cost you to list the cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbooker View Post
what about for selling base cards, any good
__________________
Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Baseball 1953-1967
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:54 PM   #6
cbooker
Member
 
cbooker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: phoenix, az
Posts: 656
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
I would say any card that does not realistically sell for $1.00 is not a good candidate for COMC. It cost $.20 to list the card plus the $3.00 lot fee and postage. The buyer has to pay $.15-$.25 per card for postage. These are the reasons that I advise to steer away from base cards. Sportlots might be a better avenue for your base cards. The commission percentage is higher, but it does not cost you to list the cards.

is sportlots a good site for listing base, say as an auction type of format and how much do they charge per card for listing
__________________
photobucket:
http://s387.photobucket.com/albums/oo317/cbooke5/
Sports Card Album:
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cbooker
cbooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:28 PM   #7
Cactuspies
Member
 
Cactuspies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hi Corbin
Posts: 8,613
Default

sportlots is free to list cards in non auction. I've never done an auction there but they do charge to list that way. Fees are pretty much explained, but your shipping charges can offset them some at the end of every month.

I've been using sportlots for about 2 years and COMC for about 4 now. The only think w/sportlots is that you cannot list anything below 0.18 and when there is a lot of that same card listed, then it will take forever to move if at all.
__________________
SUPPORT #BostonStrong The One Fund & Parkinson's Research
http://sportlots.com/dealers/?dealer=AzPats10
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Patriots 5 time Champs
Squanching from coast to coast
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:59 PM   #8
Razorsharp79
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: SC
Posts: 9,367
Default

Can you contact a seller on COMC directly?
Razorsharp79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:00 PM   #9
Brad
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,835
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp79 View Post
Can you contact a seller on COMC directly?
No (luckily...)
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.