Blowout Cards Forums
17-18 nba

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

Notices

HOCKEY Post your Hockey Cards Hobby Talk

Old 04-05-2012, 11:53 PM   #1
BAMBAM

Default Torts goes off after Pens cheap shot tonight

Add Tortorella to the list of those who are fed up with the Pens and the preferential treatment the league seems to give them. Can't blame him though, cheap hit by Orpik. I guess if you don't think you can beat them injure their players before the playoffs is what Disco Dan is teaching. Anyone want to bet Orpik gets nothing or maybe 1 game at the most

After Thursday’s game, Rangers coach John Tortorella was even more scathing, calling the Penguins “one of the most arrogant organizations in the league” during a profanity-laden tirade following Pittsburgh defenseman Brooks Orpik’s knee-to-knee hit on New York center Derek Stepan.

“It’s a cheap, dirty hit,” Tortorella said. “I wonder what would happen if we did it to their two whining stars over there. I wonder what would happen. So I’m anxious to see what happens with the league with this. Just no respect amongst players. None. It’s sickening.”

Orpik was given a five-minute major and a game misconduct on the play.

“They whine about this stuff all of the time, and look what happens?” Tortorella said. “It’s ridiculous. But they’ll whine about something else over there, won’t they?”

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:01 AM   #2
cking

I think Torts needs to call Mikel Leshoure and Nick Fairley up and get some of that sticky icky and relax. You can see the veins coming out of his forehead.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:44 AM   #3
Oilers1980

Cheap hit for sure, and the league should suspend.

But man the league and the East especially is turning into a joke. The League should cut out this amaturish post game interview crap, simply stick to playing Hockey and handing out punishments when required.
Torts talks about respect, then goes on a verbal assault of Malkin/Crosby - kind of hypocritical. I don't remember a coach like Scotty Bowman crowding around reporters to drop F-bombs and belittle opponents stars as a tactic. It seems like now teams think that's how they need to get a chip in the game - bitch the loudest.

The junk outside of the game has turned into such a soap opera and it's embarrassing.
Team reporters ask leading questions to get the "epic soundbyte" when a coach or player is still in game mode.

Not why I watch Hockey.

I think I'll pop in the best of the Oilers DVDs and actually enjoy watching a game for once (nice to see them win for change too even if it is from the 80's )
Oilers1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:48 AM   #4
WilsonValdez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers1980 View Post
Cheap hit for sure, and the league should suspend.

But man the league and the East especially is turning into a joke. The League should cut out this amaturish post game interview crap, simply stick to playing Hockey and handing out punishments when required.
Torts talks about respect, then goes on a verbal assault of Malkin/Crosby - kind of hypocritical. I don't remember a coach like Scotty Bowman crowding around reporters to drop F-bombs and belittle opponents stars as a tactic. It seems like now teams think that's how they need to get a chip in the game - bitch the loudest.

The junk outside of the game has turned into such a soap opera and it's embarrassing.
Team reporters ask leading questions to get the "epic soundbyte" when a coach or player is still in game mode.

Not why I watch Hockey.

I think I'll pop in the best of the Oilers DVDs and actually enjoy watching a game for once (nice to see them win for change too even if it is from the 80's
)
There's still room for you on the Flyers bandwagon
Old 04-06-2012, 07:44 AM   #5
solt0131

But it was ok earlier in the year for his boy Mike Rupp to take out Jordan Staal for 4 weeks with a knee on knee hit right? How quickly we forget, Mr. Tortorella. Looked to me in the video Orpik tried to go high on the hit and Stepan slid to his left causing the right knee to be exposed. Tortorella is a douche bag and always has been. Interesting to see Shanahan's explanation on this one. He should suspend Totorella.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:08 AM   #6
Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
But it was ok earlier in the year for his boy Mike Rupp to take out Jordan Staal for 4 weeks with a knee on knee hit right? How quickly we forget, Mr. Tortorella. Looked to me in the video Orpik tried to go high on the hit and Stepan slid to his left causing the right knee to be exposed. Tortorella is a douche bag and always has been. Interesting to see Shanahan's explanation on this one. He should suspend Totorella.
Surprise surprise, the Cindy Crybaby nut hugger comes to the Pens defense.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:53 AM   #7
sportsstuff87

Quote:
Ok you bring up that Knee to knee what about vitales knee to knee on grossmen? Dont try to defend someone for being cheap shot, WHEN YOUR TEAM IS DOING THE SAME #@#@#@#@!
sportsstuff87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:24 AM   #8
solt0131

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsstuff87 View Post
Ok you bring up that Knee to knee what about vitales knee to knee on grossmen? Dont try to defend someone for being cheap shot, WHEN YOUR TEAM IS DOING THE SAME #@#@#@#@!
I know....anyone want to take a guess at who they are taking out from the Flyers tomorrow? Maybe Giroux? Jagr?
Old 04-06-2012, 09:32 AM   #9
sportsstuff87

Quote:
I know....anyone want to take a guess at who they are taking out from the Flyers tomorrow? Maybe Giroux? Jagr?
Anyone wanna guess whos pitching and whos catching tomorrow? Crosby or malkin??
Old 04-06-2012, 09:44 AM   #10
avjp87

Send a message via AIM to avjp87

Quote:
Anyone wanna guess whos pitching and whos catching tomorrow? Crosby or malkin??
Not a chance Crosby is pitcher
Old 04-06-2012, 09:50 AM   #11
BostonNut

Who would want to play catch with him in the first place?

The baby would just whine throughout the whole ordeal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by avjp87 View Post
Old 04-06-2012, 09:52 AM   #12
Rinkwraith
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by avjp87 View Post
Mr. Valabik disagrees with you sir....
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:33 AM   #13
sportsstuff87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinkwraith View Post
Mr. Valabik disagrees with you sir....
....AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-06-2012, 11:10 AM   #14
frozenntimesports

Dude, this isn't an Eastern Conference problem other than that the Penguins are in the EC. Its a Penguins problem. You don't see more than one or two incidents a year from the other EC teams. Even the Flyers, Isles and Caps have kept their noses clean for the most part.

Its like Pittsburgh and Boston have a hall pass on these things. Now Boston has kept it pretty clean this year, so I'm working off last year, but seriously this nonsense happens almost every game Pittsburgh is involved in.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:14 AM   #15
solt0131

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
Dude, this isn't an Eastern Conference problem other than that the Penguins are in the EC. Its a Penguins problem. You don't see more than one or two incidents a year from the other EC teams. Even the Flyers, Isles and Caps have kept their noses clean for the most part.

Its like Pittsburgh and Boston have a hall pass on these things. Now Boston has kept it pretty clean this year, so I'm working off last year, but seriously this nonsense happens almost every game Pittsburgh is involved in.
So what? If teams are that sick of it, go out there and do something about it then. The Flyers have every opportunity to do it tomorrow. Jody Shelley can take his run at Malkin and a run at Crosby if he wants too.....so can Rinaldo. Tomorrow is Philly's shot at redemption for the Briere hit.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:25 AM   #16
sportsstuff87

Quote:
So what? If teams are that sick of it, go out there and do something about it then. The Flyers have every opportunity to do it tomorrow. Jody Shelley can take his run at Malkin and a run at Crosby if he wants too.....so can Rinaldo. Tomorrow is Philly's shot at redemption for the Briere hit.
Jody shelley can run at malkin.....dude jody shelleys top speed is like 3 mph so your argument there is invalid. Rinaldo plays the game like it should be played not like a little Bitc*, and you seem to be the only one with problem with it. You really think philly is gonna risk suspensions and injuries to get revenge.....you my friend are a jacka**
Old 04-06-2012, 11:34 AM   #17
solt0131

Then Laviolette "the whiner" should start a line of Rinaldo-Shelley-Simmonds then and Pittsburgh will put out Vitale-Asham-McIntyre and let's get this over with right off the start.

If you guys don't like how the Pens play or have a problem with the way they play, then don't watch their games or call the NHL offices to complain, instead of whining and crying on here about it. You guys, Laviolette, and Torterella can all band together and march into Bettman's office and demand to be heard.....power to the people.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:54 AM   #18
Rinkwraith
Banned

Solt, lay off the Pens Kool Aid brother, the sugar is starting to do some damage....
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:44 PM   #19
gonzagacubs

Every team in the league has been taking cheap shots at their opponents. It's the way the game has changed over the last two or so years. This wouldn't be happening so much if the enforcer role was still being used by teams. The fact is, the enforcer role is dying off in the NHL. The players need to be able to police themselves on the ice, and you can't do it effectively without the enforcer being there. Now, you have to have 4 lines of guys who can play both sides of the ice, and skate well. You have no room in the lineup for guys who just go out there and goon it up.

With that being said, sure there are a few players who seem to bitch and complain more than others, but the same can be said for a few coaches. This was just typical Coach Torts. He has always been very outspoken.

Ready to watch the playoffs. Go Blackhawks.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:29 PM   #20
TASS

Quote:
Then Laviolette "the whiner" should start a line of Rinaldo-Shelley-Simmonds then and Pittsburgh will put out Vitale-Asham-McIntyre and let's get this over with right off the start.

If you guys don't like how the Pens play or have a problem with the way they play, then don't watch their games or call the NHL offices to complain, instead of whining and crying on here about it. You guys, Laviolette, and Torterella can all band together and march into Bettman's office and demand to be heard.....power to the people.
And that is the real issue now going forward where the League has to make an example out of this organization and there lack of respect for how the game should be played! Every organization is in agreement that the Pittsburgh Penguins are a dirty team, that for whatever reason continues to get preferential treatment.
It was very interesting listing to Sirius Satellite NHL Network today and the overwhelming opinion around the league is that the Penguins have not 'to date' been penalized as they should for their consistantly flagrant violations of league rules.
I have never seen such an overwhelming agreement among competitive teams in any league, as I have seen over the illegal actions of Penguins players, and there continuing campaign of trying to defend these inappropriate actions as being "part of the game" unless it occurs to one of there own
I will never condone the attempt of any player to intentionally injure another, but must say I will not be as sympathetic if a Penguins player is put into the same situation as the latest example of a Dirty hit to come out of Pittsburgh (Derek Stepan)! I guess at that point you could chalk it up to Good Karma
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:51 PM   #21
Oilers1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
Dude, this isn't an Eastern Conference problem other than that the Penguins are in the EC. Its a Penguins problem.
It only seems like the teams having a problem with Pitt are the Flyers, Rangers and Bruins - coming from someone without a horse in this race it sounds like those 3 have been doing the whining.

Gonna be a good first round though!
Oilers1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:04 PM   #22
sportsstuff87

torts fined 20,000 and no hearing for orpik.....WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

notice this crap went away when crosby was gone, go away crosby, you tampax.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by sportsstuff87; 04-06-2012 at 06:23 PM.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:27 PM   #23
solt0131

Quote:
torts fined 20,000 and no hearing for orpik.....WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

notice this crap went away when crosby was gone, go away crosby, you tampax.
HAHA! Tortorella looks like even a bigger ass now. Good for him.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:30 PM   #24
nuccionino
Banned

Quote:
HAHA! Tortorella looks like even a bigger ass now. Good for him.
Oprik isn't suspended but Tortorella is fined, does that make sense? Twice, in one week, coaches have been fined for actions against Pittsburgh, yet they get away with everything. It doesn't make sense.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:52 PM   #25
frozenntimesports

Quote:
Umm, remember what happened last year on Long Island? It will happen again. Probably not this year because of being this close to the playoffs, but sometime next year payback will probably come... it always does.

As an Islander fan, I don't really care if these other teams kill each other.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote