Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Notices

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Old 12-27-2007, 10:20 PM   #1
brentandbecca

Default Why ever do BUY IT NOW with BEST OFFER?????

okay, so with Sterling, I did 8 of my 10 hits as Buy it now with best offer...the 8 closed tonight...of the 8 they have a combined 46 watchers, I only received 2 offers the 7 days they were listed!!!! no one used buy it nows, and only 2 people made offers...

I only did it to try to get top $ and due to Christmas, and since it was high end I thought I'd try

I rarely do these, in fact it's been nearly a year since i last did, and they did not sell either, I relisted 3 times kept lowering, then I did the auction and got more than I asked for the previous 2 times, lol

UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
brentandbecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 10:27 PM   #2
brentandbecca

lol, here's something funny... look at the nolan ryan cards they range from $92-$255 for triple or quad Gu /10 autos

here's the funny thing...
on 12-24 an quad gu auto /10 sold for $117 and looks better
the triple gu auto /10 that has his 3.19 era on it that sold 12-25 for $232

WHY??? in one day the same cards are varying $100, then down, then up, etc etc...the numbering is the same, etc etc

VERY ODD

the ryan that went for $232 is the one i have for buy it now or BO at $259.99
it's also 1 of the 2 that got offers of $151

the other offer was my a-rod quad non auto /10

THIS IS WEIRD...
OF ALL A-ROD STERLING CARDS ON EBAY, EVERY ONE SOLD OR ON, ARE WITH AUTOS, NOT ONE WITHOUT...
BUT YOURS TRULY PULLED ONE WITHOUT

nearly 2 weeks and it's the ONLY one, wow! how lucky!!! must be only one /10 they did this way, lol
Old 12-27-2007, 10:34 PM   #3
jacobbigshow

I actually think buy it now with offers is very good. I have had a pretty good success rate at it. The onlything is where you start the buy it now. If you start it off too high then people don't even look.
jacobbigshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 10:51 PM   #4
BAMBAM

Love the BIN BO option especially with .10 listing specials. I list my cards at what I would consider a nice sale price and then wait for offers. I can also block all lowball fleabay offers so they don't waste my time. I think this is wayyyy better than listing something with a reserve. IMO reserve price listings deter bidders from your listings even more than high BINs.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 10:54 PM   #5
jacobbigshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
Love the BIN BO option especially with .10 listing specials. I list my cards at what I would consider a nice sale price and then wait for offers. I can also block all lowball fleabay offers so they don't waste my time. I think this is wayyyy better than listing something with a reserve. IMO reserve price listings deter bidders from your listings even more than high BINs.
Yea I always forget to get rid of those low ball offers. I love seing an offer and getting excited until you see that it is half of the lowest ever sold on ebay.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:12 PM   #6
swerve

Yep, I like BIN/BO as well... I still sell many of the items at my BIN price. I like it even more now that they have added the feature where you can automatically accept any offer over a certain price.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:17 PM   #7
brentandbecca

wow, well maybe it's just me or by BIN are too high, but i don't liek it, i have never used it much and never had reserves, just sell sell sell
Old 12-27-2007, 11:17 PM   #8
CaptainBOHICA
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

only thing with the BO part is that if you counter offer you run the chance of the potential buyer declining and now you are assed out.

i.e.

i got an offer for my gilmore orange ref auto for 250, see that he's bought a similar card for 275, so i counter with 275. now the J.O declines my counter, EVEN THO he's paid that amt for the same card. now I'M ASSED OUT lol and having to relist.

dammit.
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 03:28 PM   #9
pearljam_cubbies

Send a message via AIM to pearljam_cubbies

that gilmore for 275 was mine. I was offered 200 and countered with 275 and he took it....
pearljam_cubbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 06:43 PM   #10
jacobbigshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post
only thing with the BO part is that if you counter offer you run the chance of the potential buyer declining and now you are assed out.

i.e.

i got an offer for my gilmore orange ref auto for 250, see that he's bought a similar card for 275, so i counter with 275. now the J.O declines my counter, EVEN THO he's paid that amt for the same card. now I'M ASSED OUT lol and having to relist.

dammit.
I agree, I just got offered a good amount for my lot of game used, I counter offered, now he is not intersted anymore.

What I have learned and everybody listen up, NEVER counter offer unless you have a higher offer. If you think the offer is reasonable take it. Or atleast wait 48 hours and at the last second accept it if there are no more offers.
Old 12-28-2007, 06:51 PM   #11
CaptainBOHICA
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearljam_cubbies View Post
that gilmore for 275 was mine. I was offered 200 and countered with 275 and he took it....
lol i was pissssed that j.o. didn't take it. i mean.. hell.. he paid that much for it once why not again right? and judging by his recent wins, i didn't think that 25 bucks would be an issue for him
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 07:06 PM   #12
go_steelers07

i hate BIN/BO. evrytime i try to use it, i get low-ball offers and the card ends without selling. then i relist as a straight auction and the card almost always ends up selling for more than my original BIN.

the expection to this was a J. Russell lettermen out of LL. but still, i didn't get an offer iliked so i listed it again as an auction starting at 99 cents. it didn't sell for what i wanted, but i still got $100 more than the highest offer from teh original listing.

i guess i'll say it again, i hate BIN/BO. they just don't seem to work for me.
go_steelers07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 11:29 AM   #13
jacobbigshow

Buy it now auctions are the best. I have had so many game used cards that sell for .99-5.99 go for buy it now at $9.99. You have got to love people who want to buy it now and not wait for much better deals at auction.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:58 PM   #14
thekramers5

I definitely think there is an "art" to utilizing and maximizing BIN/BO.

My personal criteria:

a) ONLY do BIN/BO with 2 types of cards - low print runs and "set-builder" cards that are relatively low in value...

b) Never do the BIN amount too much higher than recent sales - but ALWAYS do it higher.

c) As noted above, do low-dollar items BIN where somebody who is "set completing" will jump on it because they just want to complete the set (and won't worry about $2 to $6).

d) NEVER counteroffer. I have never had a counteroffer accepted. Even if the counteroffer is still a "bargain", buyers have seemed to move on. Accept or don't accept....

e) DON'T SETTLE for low offers. Also, as noted, re-posting through traditional auction will usually end up at a better price.

All in all, I've sold A LOT of items over current "e-bay Market" by using BIN/BO. But...again, that is usually only for (a) low print run cards/boxes and (b) low dollar cards.

For example, a mid-range card that has MANY items on e-bay...not gonna cut it (e.g., Bowman Chrome/Draft auto cards).
thekramers5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 01:28 PM   #15
davebo

Send a message via Yahoo to davebo

TK -
I always counteroffer. I would say 75%-80% it works. I counter offer with a price in mind. My counteroffer is usually higher than that price. What ends up happening is we get to haggling it down to where I want to be.
davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 01:45 PM   #16
jacobbigshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebo View Post
TK -
I always counteroffer. I would say 75%-80% it works. I counter offer with a price in mind. My counteroffer is usually higher than that price. What ends up happening is we get to haggling it down to where I want to be.
I have to agree that counter offers don't work. Most of them never get responded to. However if you really do not like the offer, why not throw a counter offer your way, its free.