Blowout Cards Forums
2017 nat

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Notices

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Old 02-09-2013, 08:18 PM   #1
aric88

Default COMC sellers that waste your time

I found about 15 cards I needed from seller Jseau. Sent him a offer of 80 percent. Instead of countering with full price, he just rejects the offer. Sellers please don't do this. The cards are now gone from my cart and I'm not going to take the time to find them again.

If you guys know any other sellers with this asinine business model let me know so I can avoid them.
aric88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:08 PM   #2
Swipe79

I think his buying practices are similarly asinine. Have had him make offers on my cards before. There are a few out there who'd rather sit on their cards than make money, I am not one of them.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:30 AM   #3
jmscoggin

It seems to be getting worse. For example I had an offer this morning on a group of cards. BV was $15 and I already had them at $1.47 total. I got an offer of $1. I'm really getting tired of these people. I also have noticed the 'flipper' guys. They are the ones making this type of offer but they are also the same guys that the op described. They want your cards for free and want 80-90% book on theirs. Seems to be the same few people every day doing it too.
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:39 PM   #4
Ghumbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by aric88 View Post
The cards are now gone from my cart and I'm not going to take the time to find them again.
Go to your Dashboard and click Offer History and click into the declined offer. At the upper right side of the page you should see a hyperlink that says "Add all available cards to a new offer". That will save you some time if this ever happens again and you're still interested in the items
Ghumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:53 PM   #5
Bottom9th

I think it's laughable for the sellers to have 50% off sales and their cards are already priced way over book anyway!
Bottom9th is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:38 PM   #6
jmscoggin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom9th View Post
I think it's laughable for the sellers to have 50% off sales and their cards are already priced way over book anyway!
It's just a game. I quit even looking at classifieds because of it.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:42 PM   #7
Zerokruel

Quote:
I found about 15 cards I needed from seller Jseau. Sent him a offer of 80 percent. Instead of countering with full price, he just rejects the offer. Sellers please don't do this. The cards are now gone from my cart and I'm not going to take the time to find them again.

If you guys know any other sellers with this asinine business model let me know so I can avoid them.
I'll let him know how you feel, I'm sure he will care.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:45 PM   #8
37Jetson

Why is this an asinine business model? Jseau typically has very competitive prices without resorting to gimmicks or significant discounts. If he responded with a full price offer you would probably being complaining about that.

You can easily put them back in your cart by browsing your offer history and making an offer on the cards still available. Voila!

Quote:

Old 02-11-2013, 05:00 PM   #9
Jayhawkaholic

I put in a large box of cards a while back when I had just resumed collecting and thought my 90's cards might have value. Now I have a ton of cards listed for less than it cost to have them processed and still get hilarious lowball offers. Like really, $0.17 and the cheapest card listed isn't enough to move it? <sigh> Lesson learned.
Jayhawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:06 PM   #10
Dragonman

I agree with Jetson...I price my cards to sell at or close to my asking price.I am not really interested in negotiating...The site is called Checkoutmycards .com not negotiatemycards.com...almost every 50% offer i get i just decline it especially when i have a card that books for say $15 and i have it priced at $3.95 and the guy puts in an offer for $1.98, doesn't even offer an even $2 i just cant hit the reject button fast enough.....When i buy for myself or a customer at my store I just buy it outright at the price the buyer has it listed for...But if i am lookin to flip it then i offer 30-40% and if it is rejected I dont take offense to it.I totally understand that sellers have alot into a card (What the paid to acquire it, the cost to send it in, the processing fee, the penny a month to store it at comc and then when sold you only get 20%)..
Dragonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:12 PM   #11
Chaddie84

I price my cards to a point where I'm "OK" with moving at a 50% offer, but you would be amazed how many cards I move at full asking price. If the "fresh" stock doesn't sell, I slowly drop the price every month or so. If it gets to a point where I'm practically giving the card away, I'll just ship it back to myself or dump it in a port sale.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:29 PM   #12
jmscoggin

I price most of my cards as the lowest and at worst case in the three lowest. It chaps me when people still try to hack 50% off of that. I am amazed at how many people just pay without negotiating though. It offsets the slimeballs enough to make it worth it. 50% of bv is a fair middlepoint for most cards. When you are already at 50-85% under that and someone wants 50% more still? Makes me want to reach through my screen and shake them.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:52 PM   #13
GoBeavs

If you don't want the 50% offers, change your settings. My sanity is much better ever since I set a minimum offer of 65%.
GoBeavs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:55 PM   #14
Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBeavs View Post
If you don't want the 50% offers, change your settings. My sanity is much better ever since I set a minimum offer of 65%.
I set mine at 51% for a few days. It gave me immense pleasure thinking ofmthe lowballers trying to figure out the minimum they could offer.
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:11 AM   #15
jmscoggin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
I set mine at 51% for a few days. It gave me immense pleasure thinking ofmthe lowballers trying to figure out the minimum they could offer.
Not that hard. Just put in an offer that is obviously under 50%. It will tell you what the minimum offer is. I like your style though. And as suggested before I just bumped my minimums to 65%. Also selected to be listed on Amazon. Any feedback on how that is working? More exposure should always be good even with the additional 20% is my thinking.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:04 AM   #16
Bottom9th

I try to price my stuff fairly and am still open to offers most of the time. Now when I get an offer, send a counter offer, and get a counteroffer the same as the original offer that starts to get old. There is one user in particular that does that all the time.
At least it's not like Ebay where we actually have to communicate with them!
Old 02-12-2013, 09:41 AM   #17
sjscout

Quote:
I try to price my stuff fairly and am still open to offers most of the time. Now when I get an offer, send a counter offer, and get a counteroffer the same as the original offer that starts to get old. There is one user in particular that does that all the time.
At least it's not like Ebay where we actually have to communicate with them!
does the guy have a super long user name?
sjscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:46 AM   #18
Bottom9th

Longer than most and I think it's a female.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:52 AM   #19
sjscout

Quote:
Longer than most and I think it's a female.
yes, i know who you speak of.

tHey take something I have priced amongst the lowest and offer fifty percent. I give them a decent counter and they come back at the original fifty percent. I reject.

One day later, they do the same thing, for the same cards.
sjscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:02 AM   #20
TheHeel

I do not even allow offers anymore.

I want to ask everyone's opinion....

If an ad says, "All offers accepted", what does that mean to you?

I have offered and been countered.....
TheHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:12 AM   #21
37Jetson

That is maddening. If I had a quarter every time I have fallen for this trick I could list cards for nothing for an entire month.

As a seller the minimum offer accepted feature is fantastic since it became free. I really wish that cards on COMC would sell for closer to asking price to avoid all the markups for the 50% sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post

Old 02-12-2013, 10:49 AM   #22
Bottom9th

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjscout View Post
yes, i know who you speak of.

tHey take something I have priced amongst the lowest and offer fifty percent. I give them a decent counter and they come back at the original fifty percent. I reject.

One day later, they do the same thing, for the same cards.
You got it!!! For the second offer I counter .01 cent below my asking price. I figure if she wants to play games so can I!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post

I get sick of this as well. I've made offers on ports and singles for exactly or more than they were asking only to be rejected or countered

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
That is maddening. If I had a quarter every time I have fallen for this trick I could list cards for nothing for an entire month.

As a seller the minimum offer accepted feature is fantastic since it became free. I really wish that cards on COMC would sell for closer to asking price to avoid all the markups for the 50% sales.
Agreed. Personally when I do a sale I don't adjust any prices and just let the chips fall where they may. I've got no attachment to any of the cards I have in my port so if they sell they sell.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:44 AM   #23
aric88

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
Why is this an asinine business model?
I equate it to this scenario:
You are at a baseball card shop and pick out fifteen cards that you were interested in out of a box. You go over to the dealer and offer them 80% of their asking price. Without just saying, "no I would like full price," they take the cards out of your hands and put them right back in the box you took them out of.

Seem look like a good business model?

Look he can run his business any way he likes just like I can avoid making any offers on his cards and warn others not to waste their time either.
aric88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:47 AM   #24
Cactuspies

I've received more offers in the past few days during a time where I did not raise one price, I lowered most and have more cards @ 50% off of my asking prices and I state in my classified ad, as well as the comc facebook page and on here in multiple threads that I would not be accecpting any offers during my promo, I would counter at the sales price. I have countered a good amount and I'm about 50/50 on acceptance/declines, and I see a few that just cancel after a few minutes. before I even ran my promo I was the lowest or pretty close to it on almost every card (yes I checked every one!)
Now I've sold a ton in the past few days, some at a loss but others make up for it. I have not purchased card since thanksgiving time on there.
I have sellers that I won't deal with, I have buyers that I won't or don't like to deal with. My list does get bigger by the day when I get the old counter back at your original offer that I already said no to. I don't like to flat out decline offers so I will raise my counters to more than my asking, and that usually works or I'll do the penny trick.
Sometimes things move at full asking, some go at my auto accept of 20% and others go on amazon, so there really is no way to figure out anything anymore.
I don't like sellers who do the 50% offers but raise their priced 2 fold which just gets back to the original asking.
One thing I'd just like to see implemented is the % off that any seller will take right then and there on the listing or in the cart. It would take away so many lowball offers, the guessing game, and won't waste time on both ends.

Whoever is Karnage I wish someone would pull all their listings. I have a card (well many cards) they also have, but I'm selling it for $7 (around 3.25 on sale) and they have it for like $700! I just don't see the point of that port being there.

I caught a listing on the front page last night, it was a 2007 buster davis SPA auto patch/jersey or something and whoever the seller was, is asking $300 for it!

I just don't get it sometimes with prices.

end rant
Patriots 5 time Champs
Squanching from coast to coast
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:55 AM   #25
37Jetson

Calling Jseau's business model asinine is far too strong in my mind. He has been a seller for at least four years and has been very consistent with fair prices. He has sold a ton of cards including hundreds to me. It would probably be better if he turned off offers if he is that firm on his cards.

Quote:
I equate it to this scenario:
You are at a baseball card shop and pick out fifteen cards that you were interested in out of a box. You go over to the dealer and offer them 80% of their asking price. Without just saying, "no I would like full price," they take the cards out of your hands and put them right back in the box you took them out of.

Seem look like a good business model?

Look he can run his business any way he likes just like I can avoid making any offers on his cards and warn others not to waste their time either.