Blowout Cards Forums
Baseball Prospect

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

Notices

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2013, 05:17 PM   #1
sjim8660
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: TN
Posts: 3,691
Default Bgs holder help

I was wondering if anyone has ever cracked open a BGS holder? I have a card I am going to switch from BGS to PSA and I do not want to damage the card. hopefully there is one person out there who has cracked Becketts enigma.
sjim8660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:41 PM   #2
Deeks
Member
 
Deeks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Badstreet, USA
Posts: 2,433
Default

I just did it recently. There's a bunch of Youtube videos out there telling you how, but I didn't watch them.

I used a pair of cutting pliers, cut the top two corners, chipped away that top part along the top that over laps the bottom. Then I was able to get a very thin flat blade screwdriver in there and slowly preyed it open.

It was actually really simple, and as long as you don't rush, and aren't careless, you won't come close to damaging the card.

*edit* - watch some videos though, don't blame me if you screw up, lol
Deeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:10 PM   #3
sjim8660
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: TN
Posts: 3,691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeks View Post
I just did it recently. There's a bunch of Youtube videos out there telling you how, but I didn't watch them.

I used a pair of cutting pliers, cut the top two corners, chipped away that top part along the top that over laps the bottom. Then I was able to get a very thin flat blade screwdriver in there and slowly preyed it open.

It was actually really simple, and as long as you don't rush, and aren't careless, you won't come close to damaging the card.

*edit* - watch some videos though, don't blame me if you screw up, lol
Its too late I am holding you responsible. Although I have not done it yet. I have a BGS card that I don't care about and I am going to practice on that 1. Thanks for the advice.
sjim8660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:18 PM   #4
gentlevader
Member
 
gentlevader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 681
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjim8660 View Post
I was wondering if anyone has ever cracked open a BGS holder? I have a card I am going to switch from BGS to PSA and I do not want to damage the card. hopefully there is one person out there who has cracked Becketts enigma.
dpeck is the man at this. He even has a video on youtube where he breaks one like a boss.

Learn how to crack open a BGS graded card. - YouTube
__________________
2012 TNA Reflexxions on card set COMPLETE! Thank you everyone who gave me leads, addresses, sold to me or traded. Much appreciated!
gentlevader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:34 PM   #5
dpeck100
Member
 
dpeck100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,281
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlevader View Post
dpeck is the man at this. He even has a video on youtube where he breaks one like a boss.

Learn how to crack open a BGS graded card. - YouTube

I like that, "breaks one like a boss." LOL

Just follow the instructions on my video. You can't go wrong.

Good luck.
dpeck100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:44 PM   #6
sjim8660
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: TN
Posts: 3,691
Default

I cracked one for practice and it went well, a lot easier than I thought.
sjim8660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.