Blowout Cards Forums
2017 bb hot prospects

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

Notices

FOOTBALL Post your Football Cards Hobby Talk

Old 07-09-2014, 12:49 PM   #1
Sensei322

Default Organized my office and card collection.

Would be interested to see how others have organized their cards. I've still got a couple boxes of BGS stuff and PC stuff tucked away, but I finally spent some time organizing the "rest" of my stuff. It used to be a MESS. Stacks of base cards everywhere, decoys, sleeves, cases, etc. Here's what my office looks like now:

Office Wall
The brown cubbies hold extra top-loaders, one-touches, and shipping supplies like used bubble mailers.

Card Houses and Sorting Trays
I used 3M "Carry Handles" to create my own handles on the six-box house.

Six-Box "Shoe Box House"
I decided not to use the lids for these boxes so I have easier access. Awesomest thing about these is that the boxes fit top-loaders and one-touch cases.

My Desk
Looks like a mess today, so the pic below is actually from a few weeks ago when I first organized my desk and added the "hutch." Desk is actually an old table we got for cheap at Pier 1 many years ago. Didn't have room for it in the townhouse, so I decided to use it as a desk. Wasn't too functional until my friend moved out of country a few weeks ago and gave me his old hutch. Matches my desk (table) perfectly! It was night-time when I took this pic so the lighting is awful, but I don't have time to clean my desk right now for a proper pic. In case you didn't notice, my office also serves as my man-cave.

Close-Up of My Desktop Card Organizer
Bought this random tray thing at Target a few months back. Looks nice and fits top-loaders and cases perfectly.

Close-Up of My Sleeve Organizer
Bought this at Office Max but I'm pretty sure they sell similar ones everywhere. Just a white "pencil box" with a single (removable) divider. I have graded-card-sleeves in the back, then team-bags, then basic sleeves. I keep "thick" sleeves in a separate drawer because I hate confusing them with standard sleeves. The logo is just a sticker I added later because I have a lot of extra stickers.
Blowout's #1 BAYLOR SUPER COLLECTOR
BRYCE PETTY COLLECTOR Sic'em Bears!!!
For Trade: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/Sensei322/a/football
Sensei322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:11 PM   #2
sportscards0513

That room looks great! And wow you have a ton of cards. Pictures of my cards are useless to post as they are all in two graded card cases that are both about the size of a small suitcase. I don't bust much and only buy singles so I don't have to much laying around.
sportscards0513 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:12 PM   #3
TheFrenzy

Awesome stuff! Love the collection "lifehacks" and improvisation. What's your estimate on your collection size?

(Also, noticed the fish oil and supplements. You lift? Run?)

To see which ones I still need: http://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1147500
TheFrenzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:15 PM   #4
bcw716

I have that Baylor poster also, got it signed at meet the bears that year. room looks awesome.
bcw716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:17 PM   #5
Sensei322

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscards0513 View Post
That room looks great! And wow you have a ton of cards. Pictures of my cards are useless to post as they are all in two graded card cases that are both about the size of a small suitcase. I don't bust much and only buy singles so I don't have to much laying around.
Thanks! Pretty much all the boxes for the "six-box shoe-house" are empty...but I am going to take all the other cards from my desk and put them in there. Next I will take all the cards I organized on the sorting trays and put them in sleeves and top-loaders, then put those in the boxes as well.
Old 07-09-2014, 01:18 PM   #6
Sensei322

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcw716 View Post
I have that Baylor poster also, got it signed at meet the bears that year. room looks awesome.
Sweet! I have last year's version signed (lache on the cover,) as well as the previous few years' posters signed. Never got the 2012 version signed, though :-(
Old 07-09-2014, 01:26 PM   #7
Sensei322

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrenzy View Post
Awesome stuff! Love the collection "lifehacks" and improvisation. What's your estimate on your collection size?

(Also, noticed the fish oil and supplements. You lift? Run?)
Thanks bud. My actual "collection" size is pretty small...Probably 100 non baylor cards is all. (Have hundreds of Baylor PC cards.) I have a blog on the side so I do a bunch of box breaks and reviews on YouTube, so that's why I have all the singles. I don't collect them, though, so I end up giving the base away to one of the two "Cards for Kids" charities a few times each year and give the rest of the singles away through a variety of little contests on social media etc.

As for the supplements, yes, I lift a little and love exercise. I run sometimes (with my dog,) but I prefer sports. Unfortunately when I hit 25 or so I randomly got sports-induced asthma, which basically ruined my happiness because I LOVE playing sports. None of the traditional asthma stuff ever worked on me. About two months ago I read a blog post somewhere about a guy that had similar symptoms and he experimented with a bunch of supplements. I bought some Fish Oil, Evening Primrose, Vitamin C, along with a few other supplements and found they have helped me TREMENDOUSLY, whereas inhalers and advair and other bullcrap did nothing for me.

I don't lift nearly as much as I used to because since I moved to my new place 2 years ago I don't have a workout partner and I find it really hard to stay consistently motivated without one. I'll go to the gym, I just won't stick to a strict agenda, won't do the extra set (don't have a spotter,) won't do the extra weight (don't have a spotter) and won't do the extra rep (again...)

Some people kick butt without a workout partner but for me it's night and day.
Old 07-09-2014, 01:41 PM   #8
Geauxcrotigers

very nice set up! What are you using on top the boxes as holders? That is a good idea!
Old 07-09-2014, 02:13 PM   #9
Sensei322

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geauxcrotigers View Post
very nice set up! What are you using on top the boxes as holders? That is a good idea!
Those are called "Sorting Trays" by BCW. They sell them at my LCS.
Old 07-09-2014, 02:19 PM   #10
Welker83

Nice man. Love the setup
Welker83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:59 PM   #11
MW Connection
Banned

looks awesome Sensei, keep it up.
MW Connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 03:34 PM   #12
CRUSADER

awesome. I enjoy seeing how others store their cards. Very neatly organized!

My trade bucket:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v493/coryscards/
CRUSADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:19 PM   #13
jsnake89

That is cool man
Old 07-09-2014, 11:45 PM   #14
Rule
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensei322 View Post
As for the supplements, yes, I lift a little and love exercise. I run sometimes (with my dog,) but I prefer sports. Unfortunately when I hit 25 or so I randomly got sports-induced asthma, which basically ruined my happiness because I LOVE playing sports. None of the traditional asthma stuff ever worked on me. About two months ago I read a blog post somewhere about a guy that had similar symptoms and he experimented with a bunch of supplements. I bought some Fish Oil, Evening Primrose, Vitamin C, along with a few other supplements and found they have helped me TREMENDOUSLY, whereas inhalers and advair and other bullcrap did nothing for me.
If people really truly educated themselves what was in the "medicine" they take that are being prescribed, most would be shocked. All natural is the best way to go 99% of the time. It's only a matter of time before Advil, Tylenol, etc start seeing losses with the legalization of marijuana, another natural herb.

Anyways, I could go on lol. Awesome set up though!
Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:54 PM   #15
Seanathan297

Very nice! First time I've seen the 6 shoe house, I'm going to have to grab a few of those now lmao.
Seanathan297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 03:05 AM   #16
DieselPack1996

Quote:
Thanks bud. My actual "collection" size is pretty small...Probably 100 non baylor cards is all. (Have hundreds of Baylor PC cards.) I have a blog on the side so I do a bunch of box breaks and reviews on YouTube, so that's why I have all the singles. I don't collect them, though, so I end up giving the base away to one of the two "Cards for Kids" charities a few times each year and give the rest of the singles away through a variety of little contests on social media etc.

I don't lift nearly as much as I used to because since I moved to my new place 2 years ago I don't have a workout partner and I find it really hard to stay consistently motivated without one. I'll go to the gym, I just won't stick to a strict agenda, won't do the extra set (don't have a spotter,) won't do the extra weight (don't have a spotter) and won't do the extra rep (again...)

Some people kick butt without a workout partner but for me it's night and day.
If inhalers don't work then you don't have asthma or sports induced asthma. Take it from a kid who struggles to breathe almost everyday I have Neutralizers and Inhalers the medicines don't do anything but open up your airways more so clearly that is not your problem :P js! but glad it's fixed!

You also have a very cool collection and a very cool website
Man in the Mirror Brando19 MarshallCutler6 Nephinfan
DieselPack1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:59 AM   #17
Hoop

I did this a while back when I was scanning all my Dwayne Allen cards for my SCA. I was getting to the point where I couldn't easily find out if I had a card or not . This makes it a lot easier .

https://hoop8732.smugmug.com/Andrew-Luck
Hoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:02 AM   #18
Hoop

Not sure why the picture is so blurry using the tapatalk app , let's try again

https://hoop8732.smugmug.com/Andrew-Luck

Last edited by Hoop; 07-10-2014 at 08:25 AM.
Hoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:00 AM   #19
addicted36
Banned

Very impressive guys, I need to get my own act together. Its so easy to fall behind on stuff like this
addicted36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:23 AM   #20
SethMurphy

Send a message via Skype™ to SethMurphy

I ordered one of those houses after your posts on twitter, room looks great
SethMurphy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:32 AM   #21
Sensei322

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselPack1996 View Post
If inhalers don't work then you don't have asthma or sports induced asthma. Take it from a kid who struggles to breathe almost everyday I have Neutralizers and Inhalers the medicines don't do anything but open up your airways more so clearly that is not your problem :P js! but glad it's fixed!

You also have a very cool collection and a very cool website
Thanks so much, Diesel. For the record, albuterol inhalers are helpful for people with normal asthma as they help with airway constriction. I have what my doctor's prescribed as "abnormal" asthma. My airways don't constrict, they get inflamed.
Old 07-10-2014, 09:33 AM   #22
Sensei322

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethMurphy View Post
I ordered one of those houses after your posts on twitter, room looks great
Haha awesome! PM me your address and I can even send you some of my leftover 3M Carry Handles!
Old 07-10-2014, 09:34 AM   #23
Sensei322

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
Not sure why the picture is so blurry using the tapatalk app , let's try again

This is beautiful. I do the same thing where all of my one-touch cases are kept in team bags or graded-card bags. I like my cases to be clean & scratch free :-)
Old 07-10-2014, 09:37 AM   #24
Sensei322

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rule View Post
If people really truly educated themselves what was in the "medicine" they take that are being prescribed, most would be shocked. All natural is the best way to go 99% of the time. It's only a matter of time before Advil, Tylenol, etc start seeing losses with the legalization of marijuana, another natural herb.

Anyways, I could go on lol. Awesome set up though!
True that, and thanks.

Here's the article I read: How I Cured My Asthma With One Simple Lifestyle Change | J.D. Moyer

Unfortunately I am not sure I can go full-on paleo as that stuff is crazy (and I love food.) But I am trying to slowly integrate bits and pieces of it into my routine. Like Almond Milk instead of regular milk. Which SUCKS because I friggin LOVE milk. But weirdly enough, I've been breathing a lot better the last two weeks since I've started drinking more Almond Milk.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:50 PM   #25
DieselPack1996

Quote:
Thanks so much, Diesel. For the record, albuterol inhalers are helpful for people with normal asthma as they help with airway constriction. I have what my doctor's prescribed as "abnormal" asthma. My airways don't constrict, they get inflamed.
Ahh makes sense I don't get how that's asthma then since it's two different things happening to your air ways lol but that's on the doctors not you :P

You been able to get enough ads on your website to keep it running?
Man in the Mirror Brando19 MarshallCutler6 Nephinfan
DieselPack1996 is offline   Reply With Quote