Blowout Cards Forums
slice dice

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > TTM Auto

Notices

TTM Auto Through the Mail Autographs Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2010, 07:37 PM   #1
Zacky1053
Member
 
Zacky1053's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,699
Default Zacky1053's Thread - TTM Collection

A look at my results:

SUCCESSES:

TTM Autos pictures by Zacky1053 - Photobucket

Tom Izzo - c/o University - PERSONALIZED 8x10 (7 days)
Mike Eruzione - E-Mail Request - SIGNED 5x7 (9 days)
Bob Huggins - c/o University - PERSONALIZED 8.5x11 (6 days)
Jay Wright - c/o University - PERSONALIZED 8x10 (7 days)
Jim Davis - E-Mail Request - SIGNED 4x6 & Print (7 days)
Pat Sajak & Vanna White - c/o Wheel of Fortune - PERSONALIZED 8x10 (13 days)
Kim Kardashian - c/o Agent - SIGNED 8x10 (7 days)
Gordon Ramsay - E-Mail Request - SIGNED 5x7 (14 days)
Mack Brown - c/o University - PERSONALIZED 8x10 w/ extras (4 days)
Ed Hochuli - E-Mail Request - SIGNED 5x7 (4 days)
Brett Jackson - c/o iuhoosierbb - SIGNED 2010 Bowman RC
Amanda MacKay - c/o MTV - PERSONALIZED 8x10 (20 days)
Joannie Rochette - c/o Website - SIGNED 5x7 (5 days)
Rachael Flatt - c/o Home - SIGNED 4x6 (10 days)
Alissa Czisny - c/o Website - PERSONALIZED 4x6 (11 days)
Dave Wannstedt - c/o University PERSONALIZED 8x10 (10 days)
Katherine Connors (Miss Iowa USA 2010) - c/o Future Productions - SIGNED 8x10 (13 days)
Gary Patterson - c/o University - PERSONALIZED 8x10 (4 days)
Gabrielle Reece - c/o Website - SIGNED 8.5x11 (4 days)
George W. Bush - c/o P.O. Box - SIGNED BOOKPLATE (21 days)
Christi Paul - c/o HLN - SIGNED 5x7 (6 days)
Megyn Kelly - c/o Fox News - PERSONALIZED 8x10 (6 days)
Jim Calhoun - c/o University - SIGNED 8x10 (10 days)
Alex Trebek - c/o Jeopardy! - PERSONALIZED 8x10 (24 days)
Ivanka Trump - c/o Trump Organization - PERSONALIZED 4x6 (12 days)
Laura Lepisto - c/o Agency - PERSONALIZED 4x6 (16 days)
Laker Girls - c/o Team - SIGNED 8.5x11 (4 days)
Martha MacCallum - c/o Fox News - PERSONALIZED 8x10 (7 days)
Leigh Mills - c/o NBC15 Madison - PERSONALIZED 4x6 (6 days)
Peyton Manning #1 - c/o Foundation - SIGNED 2010 Score Card (16 days)
Jennie Finch - c/o Finch Windmill - PERSONALIZED 5x7 (44 days)
Gary Williams - c/o University - PERSONALIZED 8x10 (12 days)
Win McMurry - c/o Golf Channel - PERSONALIZED 5x7 (14 days)
Ainsley Earhardt - c/o Fox News - PERSONALIZED 8x10 (14 days)
Peyton Manning #2 - c/o Foundation - SIGNED Topps Magic Card (14 days)
Cavalier Girls - c/o Team - PERSONALIZED 8x10 (157 days)
Jim McMahon - c/o Home - PERSONALIZED 4x6 (10 days)
Ricky Stanzi - c/o University - PERSONALIZED 5x7 Print (11 days)
Andy Dalton - c/o University - PERSONALIZED 5x7 (14 days)
Carrie (Minter) Lagree - c/o Work - PERSONALIZED Care Package (14 days)
Kimberly Guilfoyle - c/o Fox News - PERSONALIZED 8x10 (22 days)
Jenny McCarthy - c/o P.O. Box - PERSONALIZED Book w/ SIGNED Photos (9 days)
Andy Buckley - c/o Work - PERSONALIZED 4x6 w/ Letter (19 days)
Lauren Anderson #1 - c/o LAE Beauty - PERSONALIZED 4x6 (51 days)
Amanda Seyfried - c/o P.O. Box - PERSONALIZED 4x6 (63 days)
Robbie Gould - c/o Team - SIGNED 4x6 (27 days)
Matt Barkley - c/o University - PERSONALIZED 4x6 (31 days)
Tina Bockrath - c/o HOME - PERSONALIZED 4x6 (6 days)
Lauren Anderson #2 - c/o LAE Beauty - 2 SIGNED 4x6s (8 days)
Tony Dungy - c/o Home - PERSONALIZED 4x6 (11 days)
James Earl Jones - c/o Horatio Productions - 2 SIGNED 4x6s (41 days)
Abby Elliott - c/o SNL - PERSONALIZED 4x6 (51 days)
Amy Leigh Andrews - c/o P.O. Box - PERSONALIZED 8x10 (7 days)
Knicks City Dancers - c/o Team - PERSONALIZED COMIC BOOK (71 days)
Shannon Bream - c/o Fox News - PERSONALIZED 6x9 (70 days)
Matt Lucas - c/o Agent - PERSONALIZED 4x6 (11 days)
Rachel Reynolds - c/o Price is Right - PERSONALIZED 4x6 (40 days)
Jameson Taillon - c/o Home - SIGNED Bowman Draft RC (10 days)
Arianny Celeste - c/o P.O. Box - PERSONALIZED 8x10 (22 days)
Chip Kelly - c/o University - SIGNED 6x9 (7 days)
Ken Jennings - c/o Home - SIGNED 4x6 (56 days)
Bob Barker - c/o The DJ&T Foundation - SIGNED 4x6 Print (22 days)
Jenna Fischer - c/o Agency - SIGNED 8x10 (76 days)
Steve Young - c/o Foundation - SIGNED 4x6 Print (73 days)
Geno Auriemma - c/o University - SIGNED 8x10 (16 days)
Paula Creamer - c/o LPGA - PERSONALIZED 4x6 (101 days)
Divini Rae - c/o Home - PERSONALIZED 5x7 (146 days)
Drew Carey - c/o The Price is Right - PERSONALIZED 4x6 Print (60 days)
Jamie Little - c/o Website - PERSONALIZED 8x10 (164 days)
Rachel McAdams - c/o Magnolia Entertainment - 2 PERSONALIZED 4x6's (172 days)
Sarah Meier - c/o Fan Mail - PERSONALIZED 4x6 (170 days)
Danica Patrick - c/o P.O. Box - PERSONALIZED 4x6 (150 days)

SUPER BOWL XX PROJECT SUCCESSES:

Super Bowl XX pictures by Zacky1053 - Photobucket

Matt Suhey - c/o Home - SIGNED 4x6 Print (6 days)
Dan Hampton - c/o Home - SIGNED 4x6 Print (7 days)
Gary Fencik - c/o Home - PERSONALIZED 4x6 Print (8 days)
Maury Buford - c/o Home - PERSONALIZED 4x6 Print (9 days)
Jim Morrissey - c/o Home - SIGNED 4x6 Print (8 days)
Henry Waechter - c/o Home - SIGNED 4x6 Print (8 days)
Kevin Butler - c/o Home - SIGNED 4x6 Print (13 days)
Jim McMahon - c/o Home - PERSONALIZED 4x6 Print (13 days)
Mike Tomczak - c/o Home - SIGNED 4x6 Print (12 days)
"Buddy" Ryan - c/o Home - SIGNED 4x6 Print (13 days)
Dennis Gentry - c/o Home - SIGNED 4x6 Print (159 days)

PENDING:
John Lamb - c/o Team (Sent 2/27)*
Lonnie Chisenhall - c/o Team (Sent 2/27)*
Katy Perry - c/o Agency (Sent 2/18)
Blake Griffin - c/o Team (Sent 2/14)*
Josh Sale - c/o Home (Sent 2/12)*
Craig Ferguson - c/o Late Late Show (Sent 1/31)*
Jay Leno - c/o Tonight Show (Sent 1/28)
Gretchen Wilson - c/o Fan Club (Sent 1/28)
Dennis McKinnon - c/o Work (Sent 1/13)*
Ken Margerum - c/o Home (Sent 1/13)*
Hannah Storm/Chris McKendry - c/o ESPN (Sent 1/6)*
Mike Singletary - c/o Home (Sent 1/6)*
Danneel Harris - c/o Agency (Sent 1/5)*
Katie Vernola - c/o P.O. Box (Sent 1/4)*
Valerie Bertinelli - c/o Agency (Sent 1/4)*
Keylee Parker - c/o P.O. Box (Sent 1/4)*
Andrew Luck - c/o University (Sent 1/3)*
Melissa Rauch - c/o Agent (Sent 12/23)
Emily Hughes - c/o Website (Sent 12/19)
Melora Hardin - c/o Website (Sent 11/26)
Jimmy Fallon - c/o Late Night (Sent 11/23)
Michelle Beadle - c/o ESPN (Sent 11/23)
Mike Ditka - c/o ESPN (Sent 11/23)
Lou Holtz - c/o ESPN (Sent 11/23)
Chris McKendry - c/o ESPN (Sent 11/23)
Hannah Storm - c/o ESPN (Sent 11/23)
Scott Van Pelt/Ryen Russillo - c/o ESPN (Sent 11/23)
Constance Marie - c/o Website (Sent 11/8)
Sasha Cohen - c/o U.S. Figure Skating (Sent 11/1)*

WAIT LIST:
Amber Lancaster

Last edited by Zacky1053; 06-13-2011 at 07:10 PM.
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:29 PM   #2
iuhoosierbb
Member
 
iuhoosierbb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 834
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacky1053 View Post
Would be starting from scratch as I've never done this before. Don't have any concrete ideas on who I'm going to try to get, but how do you guys go about finding addresses, figuring out what pens to use, how to send items, etc.? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I joined StarTiger...it is a website that lists up to date addresses of many celebrities (sports and otherwise). Others, like Raiderguy buy a hard copy of books that list addresses by sport and are typically updated each year. You will need LOTS of stamps and envelopes. I typically only send pens with larger items....and it is usually a sharpie for most items and ball point pens for baseballs. If you are sending primarily cards, I just buy two different size envelopes...as long as you only send 2-3 cards you can get away with one first class stamp each way. You should write a short note briefly explaining why you want the persons autograph and thanking them for their time (hand notes are more time consuming, but may have slightly better results). Mail out your items and begin the waiting game!! You will likely be addicted in no time!! Let me know if you need more info...others have listed some good info...just read through some of the other posts. Good luck!!
iuhoosierbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:32 PM   #3
mnvikingstwins
Member
 
mnvikingstwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 32,574
Default

I am thinking about starting one soon, I have 4 Neshek cards I was going to send that have been sitting on my desk for 3 months, I'm too lazy to send them
__________________
196 Printing Plate Autographs and counting: photobucket.com/plateautographs
Collecting former Gophers: Ra'Shede Hageman, Jalen Myrick, Mitch Leidner, Eric Murray, Briean Boddy-Calhoun, DeVondre Campbell, David Cobb, Maxx Williams
ROW THE BOAT & SKI-U-MAH
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:53 PM   #4
Zacky1053
Member
 
Zacky1053's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,699
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iuhoosierbb View Post
I joined StarTiger...it is a website that lists up to date addresses of many celebrities (sports and otherwise). Others, like Raiderguy buy a hard copy of books that list addresses by sport and are typically updated each year. You will need LOTS of stamps and envelopes. I typically only send pens with larger items....and it is usually a sharpie for most items and ball point pens for baseballs. If you are sending primarily cards, I just buy two different size envelopes...as long as you only send 2-3 cards you can get away with one first class stamp each way. You should write a short note briefly explaining why you want the persons autograph and thanking them for their time (hand notes are more time consuming, but may have slightly better results). Mail out your items and begin the waiting game!! You will likely be addicted in no time!! Let me know if you need more info...others have listed some good info...just read through some of the other posts. Good luck!!
Do you send them in PWE's (obviously not counting photos or larger items) or bubble mailers? I appreciate the info.
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:40 PM   #5
iuhoosierbb
Member
 
iuhoosierbb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 834
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacky1053 View Post
Do you send them in PWE's (obviously not counting photos or larger items) or bubble mailers? I appreciate the info.
Plain envelopes. Larger photos I send with some cardboard backing the photos(obviously with the larger manila envelopes). For sending cards I just buy the regular standard size to send and the smaller ones for the SASE. I also try to make it as easy as possible for the person signing and I don't put the cards in sleeves or top holders. Some do however.

Last edited by iuhoosierbb; 06-23-2010 at 09:42 PM.
iuhoosierbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:43 PM   #6
Zacky1053
Member
 
Zacky1053's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,699
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iuhoosierbb View Post
Plain envelopes. Larger photos I send with some cardboard backing the photos(obviously with the larger manila envelopes). For sending cards I just buy the regular standard size to send and the smaller ones for the SASE.
Looks like finding the photos could be the most time-consuming part, especially with my lack of an eBay account but I'm sure they're everywhere just a matter of finding the right price. I'm loving what I see on the StarTiger website thanks for that. And for the return envelope I'm guessing you just fold it in half and include that in the original mailer with postage attached?
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:16 PM   #7
iuhoosierbb
Member
 
iuhoosierbb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 834
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacky1053 View Post
Looks like finding the photos could be the most time-consuming part, especially with my lack of an eBay account but I'm sure they're everywhere just a matter of finding the right price. I'm loving what I see on the StarTiger website thanks for that. And for the return envelope I'm guessing you just fold it in half and include that in the original mailer with postage attached?
I never fold my envelopes. I just buy two different sizes so they fit inside each other.
iuhoosierbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:41 PM   #8
Zacky1053
Member
 
Zacky1053's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,699
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iuhoosierbb View Post
I never fold my envelopes. I just buy two different sizes so they fit inside each other.
Makes sense. Sorry for all the questions just a little nervous to get started.
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:45 PM   #9
iuhoosierbb
Member
 
iuhoosierbb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 834
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacky1053 View Post
Makes sense. Sorry for all the questions just a little nervous to get started.
Not a problem. It is not difficult. Once you get rolling you will get addicted...just ask some of the others on this site! I would start out by picking out 10-20 people that you are interested in that we have had success with so you can some good positive successes to get you going. Good luck and let me know if I can help out.
iuhoosierbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:51 PM   #10
Zacky1053
Member
 
Zacky1053's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,699
Default

One last question for anyone. Is having the return address be a P.O. Box a problem? As long as they're not being delievered FedEx or UPS it shouldn't be but every once in awhile I run into businesses who won't ship to P.O. Boxes. Hopefully the above mentioned is the only reason.
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:33 AM   #11
raiderguy10
Member
 
raiderguy10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bismarck, ND
Posts: 3,596
Default

PO Box won't matter Zacky. It'll work fine. If you look at each individual's success thread, most of us keep our first page updated so you can see who we've gotten recently. If you need address help, let us know.
__________________
Need customs done?? Contact Alifaxwa2 !!!!!

My HOF Autograph PC Needs: Charles Bidwill Sr
raiderguy10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:55 AM   #12
Jacquo1972
Member
 
Jacquo1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 630
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacky1053 View Post
One last question for anyone. Is having the return address be a P.O. Box a problem? As long as they're not being delievered FedEx or UPS it shouldn't be but every once in awhile I run into businesses who won't ship to P.O. Boxes. Hopefully the above mentioned is the only reason.
Since I live in a rural area, I have a P.O. Box. I've never had a bit of trouble. Good luck on your new project. You won't believe how cool it is when you open up your mailbox and see your first SASE waiting on you!
Jacquo1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:44 AM   #13
iuhoosierbb
Member
 
iuhoosierbb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 834
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderguy10 View Post
PO Box won't matter Zacky. It'll work fine. If you look at each individual's success thread, most of us keep our first page updated so you can see who we've gotten recently. If you need address help, let us know.
That is actually on my "to do list" this summer...to make my first page update all of my successes!
iuhoosierbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 12:25 PM   #14
Zacky1053
Member
 
Zacky1053's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,699
Default

Great. Can't wait to get started. Thanks everyone!
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 04:16 PM   #15
danmecum51
Member
 
danmecum51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iuhoosierbb View Post
Not a problem. It is not difficult. Once you get rolling you will get addicted...just ask some of the others on this site! I would start out by picking out 10-20 people that you are interested in that we have had success with so you can some good positive successes to get you going. Good luck and let me know if I can help out.
10-20 will soon grow into 100-200 if you got the same high i did from the addiction
__________________
MAKE YOUR OWN CARDS!
BUYING ALL TOMMY THORPE USA panini cards
danmecum51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:29 PM   #16
Ramtart
Member
 
Ramtart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Francisco - Bay Area, Ca.
Posts: 359
Default

Zacky, welcome to the TTM madness! I answered your post in my thread, but just in case, ask Dan (danmecum51) for the Miracle on Ice guys. I think he's had success with those!
Ramtart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:29 PM   #17
Zacky1053
Member
 
Zacky1053's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,699
Default

Could anyone compile a list of coaches/players who you received autographs from via email requests? I don't wanna come across as cheap but I just wanna get my feet wet before I become a die-hard. I figure once I get a few responses it'll really get me going to invest time and effort into the process. I already have a bunch of names in mind for later. Thanks!
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:25 PM   #18
Zacky1053
Member
 
Zacky1053's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,699
Default

One StarTiger request (I'm waiting on a membership until I get some supplies ready). I need an address for Jenna Fischer from "The Office".
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 02:36 PM   #19
Zacky1053
Member
 
Zacky1053's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,699
Default

Was picking up the mail today with a nice little surprise, my first TTM response (well email technically but still). I'm an avid Iowa fan but I really respect Tom Izzo as a head coach. Also love the silver auto! (Received exactly a week after the request). This might be the boost I need to really get me investing time into TTM requests

Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 02:46 PM   #20
sportscards1013
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,989
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacky1053 View Post
Was picking up the mail today with a nice little surprise, my first TTM response (well email technically but still). I'm an avid Iowa fan but I really respect Tom Izzo as a head coach. Also love the silver auto! (Received exactly a week after the request). This might be the boost I need to really get me investing time into TTM requests

Congrats and welcome to the club. If you have time, send me a PM with the addy you used. I can trade you a couple of successful addresses for me.

Thanks!
sportscards1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 03:37 PM   #21
iuhoosierbb
Member
 
iuhoosierbb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 834
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacky1053 View Post
Was picking up the mail today with a nice little surprise, my first TTM response (well email technically but still). I'm an avid Iowa fan but I really respect Tom Izzo as a head coach. Also love the silver auto! (Received exactly a week after the request). This might be the boost I need to really get me investing time into TTM requests

Congrats!!
iuhoosierbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:49 PM   #22
danmecum51
Member
 
danmecum51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,100
Default

Izzo is the man.. I requested him twice and got nothing back.. he might be region specific... where you from?
__________________
MAKE YOUR OWN CARDS!
BUYING ALL TOMMY THORPE USA panini cards
danmecum51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 12:26 AM   #23
Zacky1053
Member
 
Zacky1053's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,699
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmecum51 View Post
Izzo is the man.. I requested him twice and got nothing back.. he might be region specific... where you from?
Funny thing is I'm from Iowa. But Michigan State has no problems beating us so I bet he doesn't care about where I'm from. (Plus I can't see coaches having "bias" in terms of auto signing). When I first found it in my box I thought it was "bent" somewhere but luckilly no "creases".
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:23 PM   #24
Zacky1053
Member
 
Zacky1053's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,699
Default

Okay. Assuming my photos for Wal-Mart are processed, I will be "sending out" my first autograph requests this week.
__________________
If you put “the” and “IRS” together, it spells “theirs”.

Last edited by Zacky1053; 07-28-2010 at 11:57 AM.
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:01 PM   #25
John91C
Member
 
John91C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Deep in the Heart of TEXAS!
Posts: 4,937
Default

Danica signs well TTM...but it might take 6+ months. I got a baseball back from her but it did take like 6 months!
__________________
Photobucket (not always up to date): http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t199/John91C/
John91C is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.