Blowout Cards Forums
2017 nat

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > FANTASY SPORTS TALK > FANTASY BASEBALL

Notices

FANTASY BASEBALL Post your BASEBALL fantasy talk here... daily fantasy and leagues.

Old 02-14-2015, 02:03 PM   #1
Hollywood42

Cool OFFICIAL Blowout Redrafter's Dynasty League Thread

Hello everyone! This is the OFFICIAL () thread for the Blowout Redrafter's Dynasty League! This thread will be home to information, discussions, voting, chats, and more about our dynasty league for the next many years! Let's get to the info!

Members
1. 7jacfire- Springer Time Harvest
2. 88UDKidGriff- Earl Duke
3. awz50- Black Magic II
4. death2redemptions- Anal Discharge
5. enbambam6986- 2017 Champs
6. Firerunner4- Extended Spring Training
7. Homerun- Bats Out for Harambe
8. Hollywood42- Dozier? I Barely Know Her
9. SaveMeTheGum- Smokin' Aces
10. SethMurphy- TBD
11. SportsAutoFreak- Hitch Slap
12. texmcpherson- Posey's Paradise

Link to minor league thread- Please refer to that thread for any questions regarding how our minor league system will work- http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/f...rs-thread.html

2017 Season Info

In-season notes
-Please remember to check minor league rosters before adding players from the FA pool to make sure they aren't on anybody's roster
-Trade deadline for the 2017 season is Saturday, August 12th

League Rules/Settings

Major League Rosters
C- 1
1B- 1
2B- 1
SS- 1
3B- 1
OF- 3
Utility- 2
Starting Pitchers- 5
Relief Pitchers- 2
Other Pitchers (starters or relief)- 3
Bench- 5
DL- 2

Scoring
Total Bases: 1
Walks: 1
Runs Scored: 1.5
Runs Batted In: 1.5
Stolen Bases: 1
Strikeouts: -1
Caught Stealing: -1
Hitting for the Cycle: 5

Innings Pitched: 3 (1 point per out recorded)
Earned Runs: -2
Wins: 5
Losses: -5
Quality Starts: 2.5
Saves: 5
Holds: 2.5
Blown Saves: -3
Strikeouts: 1
Hits Allowed: -1
Walks Issued: -1
Shutout: 6
Pick Offs: 1
Complete Games: 4
No Hitters: 20
Perfect Games: 40

Scoring Type
Head to head total points, weekly matchups

Games started (pitchers) limit per matchup
Maximum limit: 13
ESPN allows the limit to be exceeded as long as you start the final day of your matchup with less than the max starts. So if on Saturday I have used 12 starts and Sunday I have 4 pitchers starting, it will count all 4 of my starts even though that means I will end with 16 starts. I will not police this myself, but if you see that someone has gone over the max starts and let me know before the matchup is over, I will correct it by subtracting the points earned from the extra starts, starting with whichever game started last and moving backwards until it's back under the limit. If you see someone go over the max starts and want me to fix it, let me know. Otherwise, it will be allowed to happen.

Matchup acquisition Limit
Maximum weekly limit: 2.
Free agent adds will be turned off for the offseason at the conclusion of the MLB regular season (not the end of the fantasy season). FA additions will become available again one week before the first matchups begin for the next season

Waivers/Trades
Waiver period: 1 day
No limit on trades
Trade deadline: August 12 (2016)
Trade review period: 1 day
Draft picks may be traded in the offseason

Keeper Limit
Maximum limit: 25
Deadline: The deadline to submit keepers each season will be on the first day pitchers and catchers report to spring training. The next keeper deadline is TBD for the 2018 season

Minor League Rosters
1. Prospect A
2. Prospect B
3. Prospect C
4. Prospect D
5. Prospect E
6. Prospect F

Minor League Roster Eligibility
Players are only eligible to be on your minor league roster if they have less than 65 at-bats or 25 innings pitched in the MLB. After they reach that mark, they must either be transferred to your major league roster, or dropped. This will be policed by a community effort by members of the league. I will not be checking minor league rosters daily to see if all players are eligible or not. Be diligent with your own team, let everyone know if it looks like someone ineligible is on roster, and we should be fine. If you see an ineligible player on roster, please post in this thread and we will get the issue fixed.

Keeping track of who has who (minor league rosters)
I will keep an updated list of all minor league teams in the minor league thread (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/f...rs-thread.html). ESPN doesn't support prospect rosters easily, so we will have to do this outside of the league. This means that prospects will show up as free agents in the ESPN league, even if someone has claimed them to be on their team. Thus, be sure to check the OP or the league home page before adding someone to make sure they truly are available. I don't want to have to revert a bunch of adds/drops because someone added a player that wasn't available, so please check before you add. If everyone takes care of themselves and checks before adding a player, we should be fine. If something accidentally happens, let us know and we will take care of it.

Minor League Roster Transactions
Dropping a player- Simply post in the minor league thread that you would like to drop "Player A" from your minor league roster, and I will update the OP accordingly
Adding a player- If you have an open roster slot, you may add a player to your minor league team. Your new player must meet minor league eligibility (see requirements above), and they must be in the ESPN player pool. The minor league draft is the only time where players not in the player pool may be added to your minor league roster. If a player was added to the ESPN player pool midseason, they ARE eligible to be added (once again, provided they meet minor league eligibility)
Promoting a player- If you would like to move a player from your minor league roster to your major league roster, simply post in the minor league thread that you would like to promote "Player B", and then add that player from the ESPN player pool to your roster thru ESPN (you must have space on your major league roster in order to do this). I will update the OP in our minor league thread accordingly to reflect changes
Demoting a player- If you would like to move a player from your major league roster to your minor league roster, simply post in the minor league thread that you would like to demote "Player C" to your minor league roster, and then drop that player from your team on ESPN. I will update the rosters in our minor league thread accordingly. Please note that a demoted player must be eligible for minor league status in order to be demoted. It may be helpful to note when you demote a player in both threads, in case of teams wanting to claim a demoted player off waivers- It will appear in our league on ESPN that this is ok, but a demoted player is still on roster and is not eligible to be claimed on waivers by another team. It will just look odd since we can't keep track of a minor league roster on ESPN

Draft
The draft will take place in late February or early March each year. We will discuss specific dates and start times each year. Draft will likely be held redraft-style here in the thread, and then I will manually import everyone's teams into the league. Your list of keepers (up to 25 from your major league roster, up to all 5 from your minor league roster) are due around 1 week before the draft each year. Again, we will discuss specific due dates each year. The major league draft will be held first each year, followed immediately by the minor league draft. If you don't use all 25 of your keeper slots, you will gain an extra pick at the end of the draft, following snake order determined by final standings from the previous season until everyone has filled all of their roster slots. You MAY have more than 5 draft picks in the draft after acquiring additional picks via trade. However, you must have space on your roster for each additional pick. For example, if someone ends up with 7 picks in the draft after trades, they will only be able to use a maximum of 23 keeper slots. If you don't have space on your roster for additional draft picks, you will forfeit draft picks (starting from your latest picks in the draft and moving towards your first picks) until you have space on your roster for all of your picks

Following the major league draft, we will have the minor league draft. In between the drafts, however, we will have a grace period of 12 hours where people can move players between their major and minor league rosters (given that the player meets the minor league roster eligibility explained above). For example, if I used a draft pick in the major league draft to select highly-touted prospect Babe Ruth, he would be placed on my major league roster right away. However, at the conclusion of the major league draft, I would have the opportunity to move him to my minor league roster if I so choose. If I decide to keep him on my major league roster, great, nothing happens. However, if I decide to move him to my minor league roster, I would then have 29 players on my major league roster, and 1 player of my minor league roster (this is before the minor league draft takes place). This means that I forfeit my latest pick in the minor league draft, as I no longer have space on my 5-man minor league roster for 5 draft picks, as I already have 1 player on my roster. However, after the minor league draft concludes and we are once again able to add free agents, I now have space on my major league roster for one additional player. This can be confusing, so if you have any questions about this, please let me know and I will do my best to explain it

Draft eligibility
Major league draft- Only players in ESPN's player pool will be eligible to be drafted in the major league draft
Minor league draft- Any player is eligible to be taken in the minor league draft, no matter if they are in the player pool or not (unless they are already on another team's roster), given that they meet minor league eligibility (<65 ABs or <25 IP)

Changing rules/settings
All of the above have given us a pretty solid league, but there will always be times where we come across things that should maybe be added, removed, or changed. As a disclaimer, no settings will be changed in the middle of the season. Any changes will be implemented as early in the offseason as possible so we don't mess with any of the regular season and we give teams as much time as possible to adjust their teams for the next season. In the event of a possible change, an addition, removal, or modification of a rule or setting will be proposed to the league, we'll discuss it for a bit, and then we will vote on it. Majority rules on this vote, so whatever the majority decides is what we will do.

There will always be a team that benefits more than others from a change, and there will always be a team that is hurt or doesn't benefit as much as another. Know that no rules or changes will be made to specifically help or hurt a team's ability to be successful. All changes are made for the overall benefit of the league as a whole. The above process is put in place so the whole league has the opportunity to provide their input before we make a change to our system, nothing will come out of the blue without the chance for someone to argue against the change. As always, if you have any questions, concerns, or feedback towards any rules or this process in general, bring it up to me via PM, post in this thread, or post in the league on ESPN

League History/Record Book

2017 Season- Year 3

Final results from 2017 major league draft

Final results from 2017 minor league draft

2016 Season- Year 2

2016 offseason contest- Predicting the 2017 season
Rules
Entry- Hollywood42
Entry- SethMurphy

2016 Season Final Standings (Year 2)
1. D2R (Anal Discharge) 12-9
2. Homerun (Come Sale Away) 15-6
3. SaveMeTheGum (Smokin' Aces) 17-4
4. enbambam6986 (Enbambam6986) 16-5
5. 7jacfire (Not Dallas Keuchel) 12-9
6. Highroller (Chicks Dig the Long Ball) 14-7
7. 88UDKidGriff (Earl Duke) 11-10
8. exitmusicblue (Spirit of the A's) 11-10
9. awz50 (Black Magic II) 3-18
10. Hollywood42 (Let it Sano) 9-12
11. SAF (Hitch Slap) 1-20
12. Firerunner4 (From Forbes to Federal) 5-16

East Final Standings (Regular Season)
1. Homerun (Come Sale Away) 15-6
2. D2R (Anal Discharge) 12-9
3. 7jacfire (Not Dallas Keuchel) 12-9
4. 88UDKidGriff (Earl Duke) 11-10
5. Hollywood42 (Let it Sano) 9-12
6. SAF (Hitch Slap) 1-20

West Final Standings (Regular Season)
1. SaveMeTheGum (Smokin' Aces) 17-4
2. enbambam6986 (Enbambam6986) 16-5
3. Highroller (Chicks Dig the Long Ball) 14-7
4. exitmusicblue (Spirit of the A's) 11-10
5. Firerunner4 (From Forbes to Federal) 5-16
6. awz50 (Black Magic II) 3-18

Final results from 2016 major league draft

Final results from 2016 minor league draft

2015 Season- Year 1

2015 Season Final Standings (Year 1)
1. Homerun (Trout Fishin) 15-7
2. SaveMeTheGum (Smokin Aces) 19-3
3. 7jacfire (New York MEaTs) 12-10
4. D2R (Anal Discharge) 13-9
5. 88UDKidGriff (Earl Duke) 15-7
6. enbambam6986 (Enbambam6986) 15-7
7. Hollywood42 (Let it Sano) 12-10
8. Highroller (Chicks Dig the Long Ball) 12-10
9. Firerunner4 (Marte Partay) 9-13
10. sam11 (Krispy Kreme 2012) 5-17
11. awz50 (B-Town Sox) 4-18
12. SAF (Team SAF) 1-21

East Final Standings (Regular Season)
1. Homerun (Trout Fishin) 15-7
2. D2R (Anal Discharge) 13-9
3. 7jacfire (New York MEaTs) 12-10
4. 88UDKidGriff (Earl Duke) 15-7
5. Hollywood42 (Let it Sano) 12-10
6. SAF (Team SAF) 1-21

West Final Standings (Regular Season)
1. SaveMeTheGum (Smokin Aces) 19-3
2. enbambam6986 (Enbambam6986) 15-7
3. Highroller (Chicks Dig the Long Ball) 12-10
4. Firerunner4 (Marte Partay) 9-13
5. sam11 (Krispy Kreme 2012) 5-17
6. awz50 (B-Town Sox) 4-18

Final results from 2015 draft

Last edited by Hollywood42; 05-11-2017 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Updates
Hollywood42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 02:06 PM   #2
Homerun

Sounds great to me. Let's get a mod to random the list of members interested and we can get this draft going.

EDIT: I think each person should send the winner a $10 card at the end of each season. It's not a huge deal, but I think the winner should receive some sort of prize.

Last edited by Homerun; 02-14-2015 at 02:10 PM.
Homerun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 02:13 PM   #3
Hollywood42

We actually don't need to worry about randoming the draft order, as ESPN will automatically do it for us an hour before the draft starts. But, if we want to be able to trade draft picks (discussion please), then we would have to get a mod to random us after everyone that wants to join has done so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homerun View Post
Sounds great to me. Let's get a mod to random the list of members interested and we can get this draft going.

EDIT: I think each person should send the winner a $10 card at the end of each season. It's not a huge deal, but I think the winner should receive some sort of prize.
Old 02-14-2015, 02:27 PM   #4
Highroller

My suggestion would be to expand the rosters since this is a dynasty and there will be a lot of prospects drafted to give flexibility.

I'm in favor of having the draft order done early so we can trade picks, not a big deal though.
Highroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 02:41 PM   #5
Homerun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood42 View Post
We actually don't need to worry about randoming the draft order, as ESPN will automatically do it for us an hour before the draft starts. But, if we want to be able to trade draft picks (discussion please), then we would have to get a mod to random us after everyone that wants to join has done so
Oh, ok. Do you have any idea on when the draft will start?
Old 02-14-2015, 02:45 PM   #6
Hollywood42

You thinking to expand the bench slots up to 10 or so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highroller View Post
My suggestion would be to expand the rosters since this is a dynasty and there will be a lot of prospects drafted to give flexibility.

I'm in favor of having the draft order done early so we can trade picks, not a big deal though.
No idea. We'll have to talk and see when works best for everyone. Probably would be a Friday or Saturday night sometime tho

Quote:
Oh, ok. Do you have any idea on when the draft will start?
Old 02-14-2015, 02:46 PM   #7
enbambam6986

How do prospects work? Do minor league stats count?
enbambam6986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 02:47 PM   #8
Highroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by enbambam6986 View Post
Nah, you just stash them for later.
Old 02-14-2015, 02:48 PM   #9
Highroller

Quote:
You thinking to expand the bench slots up to 10 or so?

No idea. We'll have to talk and see when works best for everyone. Probably would be a Friday or Saturday night sometime tho
Yeah I think 10 would be good if we are doing 15 keepers.
Old 02-14-2015, 03:05 PM   #10
SportsAutoFreak

Thanks for having me.
SportsAutoFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 03:50 PM   #11
Hollywood42

What Highroller said. You can take someone that is still 3 years away and just keep him on your bench until he's ready for the big leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by enbambam6986 View Post
Quote:
Nah, you just stash them for later.
Sounds good to me. Any others have opinions?

Quote:
Yeah I think 10 would be good if we are doing 15 keepers.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:41 PM   #12
Homerun

Can we start drafting now? Depending on how many members join, and how many rounds there are, this could take a pretty long time. I'm not sure it's a good idea to have the draft running still when the season starts. Just my opinion.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:55 PM   #13
enbambam6986

Quote:
Can we start drafting now? Depending on how many members join, and how many rounds there are, this could take a pretty long time. I'm not sure it's a good idea to have the draft running still when the season starts. Just my opinion.
I think the draft is on ESPN, so it will only take an hour or two
enbambam6986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 09:30 PM   #14
awz50

Quote:
Have you ever done a ESPN Fantasy? It takes that long, so not at all.
Still a Wade Miley Supercollector, I still do not know why
awz50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 10:12 PM   #15
Homerun

Quote:
Originally Posted by awz50 View Post
Have you ever done a ESPN Fantasy? It takes that long, so not at all.
Well no I haven't lol. I assumed this was going to be like the redraft where it takes a long time. How does the ESPN one work?
Old 02-14-2015, 10:21 PM   #16
Hollywood42

Yeah, draft will take 2-3 hours tops. Everyone logs in and joins a draft lobby (link will show up in the league home page like an hour before the draft). Then each person will have about a minute to a minute and a half to make their pick each time they're up. If they aren't in the draft lobby, it'll autopick somebody for them which takes about a second
Old 02-14-2015, 11:33 PM   #17
SaveMeTheGum

I'm in fella's. I agree -- for Dynasty, we need to have a few extra spots to hold prospects. Not too many -- but maybe 5 more would be good. 10 seems like A LOT. There should be some accountability for holding prospects -- with 10, you don't even have to try, just hoard guys and a few would likely be good.

My only other issue is that the point systems seems WAY skewed towards pitching. A guy that hits 4 HR's in a game would likely have about 25 points, where as a pitcher who throws 6 shutout innings in a no decision with 7 strikeouts would also have 25 points. I'd either bump up the offensive points, or slightly lower the pitching points.
Trying to build the coolest, most awesomest Red Sox Rookie PC. Check out my progress --->> http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseball/1109383-gums-rolling-never-ending-red-sox-rookie-pc-come-enjoy.html
SaveMeTheGum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 12:09 AM   #18
Hollywood42

I'm open for whatever. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveMeTheGum View Post
I'm in fella's. I agree -- for Dynasty, we need to have a few extra spots to hold prospects. Not too many -- but maybe 5 more would be good. 10 seems like A LOT. There should be some accountability for holding prospects -- with 10, you don't even have to try, just hoard guys and a few would likely be good.

My only other issue is that the point systems seems WAY skewed towards pitching. A guy that hits 4 HR's in a game would likely have about 25 points, where as a pitcher who throws 6 shutout innings in a no decision with 7 strikeouts would also have 25 points. I'd either bump up the offensive points, or slightly lower the pitching points.
Old 02-15-2015, 12:14 AM   #19
7jacfire

Quote:
I think there should be a point for walkoffs.

Last edited by 7jacfire; 02-15-2015 at 12:22 AM.
7jacfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 12:39 AM   #20
SaveMeTheGum

Quote:
I just signed on to league and looked over player rankings. I guess it's not as badly skewed towards pitchers as I thought. Point system looks good IMO after review.
Trying to build the coolest, most awesomest Red Sox Rookie PC. Check out my progress --->> http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseball/1109383-gums-rolling-never-ending-red-sox-rookie-pc-come-enjoy.html

Last edited by SaveMeTheGum; 02-15-2015 at 01:09 AM.
SaveMeTheGum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 12:20 PM   #21
Hollywood42

Edited the member list in the OP to see who has joined, who I have sent invites for, and who we are waiting on.

I've decided that to show decisions/announcements, I will do the following to catch everyone's eye. Side note, here is our first rule changes:

Announcement!
Bench slots have been increased from 5 to 10 to allow for more prospects to be held

As always, if there is wide disagreement with rule changes, I can change them again. If I don't hear anything said about it, I'll assume everyone is ok with it and I'll keep the changes.

Also, we need to figure out a draft time. Obviously, we need everyone to join the league first, but if we could figure out a draft relatively soon, that would be nice- Only 50 days until Opening Day!
Old 02-15-2015, 02:56 PM   #22
Homerun

As of right now, we have 11 teams. Do you guys think we should have an even number of teams? Otherwise, wouldn't there be 1 team with a bye each week? I'm not sure how that would work.

And thanks for clarifying about the draft time. I apologize for being so ignorant. I'm new to fantasy sports.
Old 02-15-2015, 03:35 PM   #23
sam11

Quote:
As of right now, we have 11 teams. Do you guys think we should have an even number of teams? Otherwise, wouldn't there be 1 team with a bye each week? I'm not sure how that would work.

And thanks for clarifying about the draft time. I apologize for being so ignorant. I'm new to fantasy sports.
he put in parenthesis' on who has joined. there aren't 11 teams
sam11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 03:35 PM   #24
Hollywood42

Yes, it would be ideal to have an even number of teams so everyone has a matchup every week. But only 11 people have showed interest, and I didn't want to exclude anyone, so it's 11 for now. I'm still waiting to hear back from a couple people, so there's a chance that someone will no longer want in and then we will be back to an even number. We'll see what's up when I've heard back from everyone

Quote:

Old 02-15-2015, 03:36 PM   #25
Hollywood42

There aren't currently 11 teams, but 11 people had showed interest in being in this league. If (Invite sent) or (Joined) isn't listed after a username in the OP, I just haven't heard back from the member since asking if they still wanted to join or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam11 View Post
he put in parenthesis' on who has joined. there aren't 11 teams