Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (https://www.blowoutforums.com/index.php)
-   FANTASY FOOTBALL (https://www.blowoutforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Dynasty League 365 (https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1120702)

SleeperCards 06-04-2017 03:29 PM

Dynasty League 365

I'm starting a dynasty league if there's enough interest. Please read this entire post before posting a response.

After being involved in many, many fantasy leagues both redraft and dynasty over the years I've found that I enjoy them much more when I am not commissioner. It's usually just not worth the added annoyance. Someone in the dynasty interest thread mentioned giving the commissioner a % of the dues and I realized that would probably balance out the negative aspects of being commissioner. I created a league a week ago and now I'm making a post looking to fill it. If it fills, great, if not I'm only out the time of league creation and making this post.

This league will not be a democracy. I'll refrain from making a political comment here, but democracy in fantasy football leads to headaches. This league will be a benevolent dictatorship. This doesn't mean that league members don't have input, it just means the commissioner is going to have final say on all issues.

Speaking of issues, I'd like to avoid as many as possible. One issue I've noticed with dynasty leagues, especially those with first year players, is trades that tilt the competitive balance of the league. In order to keep this as fair and objective as possible, I've devised the following system for trades. All trades will be posted to the board when accepted by the two teams, however the trade will not go through for 24 hours. Instead of a veto system the other league members will have the opportunity to offer a better trade. This should 1) keep people from trading Ezekiel Elliott for Adrian Peterson and 2) keep everyone from complaining about such and such trade being terrible because everyone had an opportunity to make a better offer.

My hope is that trades are balanced enough that most of them go through, but this should (in theory) keep the lesser experienced members from being taken advantage of and hopefully keep the league from getting lopsided too quickly. I've sent this around to various people asking for their opinions on this trading method and their number one concern was this method of trading could lead to some people taking things personally and getting upset when their trade gets rejected in favor of another trade. I don't have a solution for this, but I will say if this is the type of thing that is going to upset you please don't ask to join this league.

As far as the league itself, it will be hosted on ESPN with 12 teams and the following roster construction:
Quarterback (QB) 1
Running Back (RB) 2
Wide Receiver (WR) 3
Tight End (TE) 1
Flex (RB/WR/TE) 2
Bench (BE) 21
Injured Reserve (IR) 2

No Defense, No kicker.

Normal ESPN PPR scoring settings.

Draft date is TBD after league is filled, most likely on a Sunday anticipate about 3 hours for a startup draft.

League fees, in the interest thread most people seemed to be in the $50-100 range. $75 with 95% going to pot and 5% going to commissioner/league expenses seemed like a good spot. If there are people that are interested but max at $50 I will consider it, but for now we'll say $75. Payouts would be to overall season points leader, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place yearly.

The most important thing about the league is the people involved, I'm looking for people that will be active year round. I'm considering making it requirement to join a league group text/Line chat/whatever app we choose so everyone has access to everyone else in the league beyond the forums.

If this sounds like something you'd like to be a part of please post in the thread and then send me a PM with your experience (having no experience is fine) and your favorite color. I'm looking for people that are active, engaged members.

SleeperCards 06-04-2017 03:30 PM

[B]Payouts[/B]
Dues $75 per season.

Payouts as follows:
1st - $400
2nd - $250
3rd - $100
Regular season points scored leader $105

[B]League longevity[/B]

Being a dynasty league, trading of draft picks is an important process. In order to do this effectively we need multiyear commitments from everyone. As was decided, anyone leaving the league before the commitment is up will be subject to negative feedback.

If you choose to leave you will be responsible for the following year's entry fee. (We've started to collect future year fee in order to trade future year picks)

History
1st Place - Dallasfan
2nd Place - Chansen
3rd Place - Sleeper
Season Points Leader - Chitty

1st Place - Chansen
2nd Place - Sleeper
3rd Place - Chitty
Season Points Leader - Sleeper

1st Place - Chansen
2nd Place - Dallasfan
3rd Place - Gunshowboy
Season Points Leader - Chansen

1st Place - billsfan34
2nd Place - Sleeper
3rd Place - BoardsOfCanada

1st Place - Mosh
2nd Place - Vikingsilver
Season Points Leader - BoardsOfCanada

1st Place - SethMurphy
2nd Place - Vikingsilver
Season Points Leader - Vikingsilver

1st Place - DrAwesome
2nd Place - Sleeper
3rd Place - Chitty

[B]Trades[/B]
Trades are now done via Sleeper. If no other trade was accepted in 24 hours then the original trade goes through.

Trades involving draft picks will be kept track of via Sleeper.

Trades for draft picks must cite a specific pick.

Trades are stopped after week 13 and resume after the championship game.

[B]Players not on Sleeper[/B]

If you want to pick up someone not listed on Sleeper, you must first have an available roster slot and then make a post on the forum with your player claim.

[B]Tanking[/B]

Don't do it. Tanking here meaning intentionally setting an underperforming lineup or lineup with injured/out/bye week player(s).

If you fail to set a proper lineup, your draft pick will be moved to end of round. Do it twice and you lose the pick. If you don't own your 1st round pick then first offense will be $25 fine, second offense $50 fine.

Zack Moss Clause - if a healthy player is a late scratch it will be dealt with at commissioner's discretion.

---------------------------

[B]Draft Picks[/B]

[U]2023 Draft Pick Tracker[/U]

VikingSilver - Chitty 3rd, Seth Murphy 3rd, 3rd, 4th
DrAwesome - 3rd
BoardsOfCanada - 1st, DrAwesome 1st, 3rd, 4th
Wytmke- 2nd, 3rd, 4th Earlsnake 3rd, Earlsnake 4th
SethMurphy - 4th
DerekBauer - 1st, Seth Murphy 1st, 2nd, 4th
Mosh - 1st, 2nd
FBallhobbies - Chitty 1st, Sleeper 1st, Viking 1st, Billsfan 1st, Whytmke 1st, 2nd, Chitty 2nd, Vikings 2nd, Earlsnake 2nd, Seth 2nd, Canada 2nd, DrAwesome 2nd, 3rd, Sleeper 3rd, Billsfan 3rd, DerekBauer 3rd, 4th, Sleeper 4th
Billsfan - 2nd, Sleeper 2nd, Mosh 3rd, Chitty 4th, DrAwesome 4th, Mosh 4th, 4th
Chitty - None
Sleeper - Fball 1st
Earlsnake - 1st

2024 Payment Due ?? Paid: Chitty, DerekBauer, Earlsnake, DrAwesome, Fball, VikingSilver, WYTMKE, Mosh, Billsfan

chittychitty844 06-04-2017 04:57 PM

You had me at dictatorship

GiantPirate 06-04-2017 05:59 PM

I'm in!

FBallHobbies 06-04-2017 07:12 PM

Count me in

vikingsilver 06-05-2017 10:45 AM

Count me in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dallasfan2131 06-05-2017 07:48 PM

Love the trade idea, count me in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SleeperCards 06-11-2017 12:53 AM

Been a week, bumping to fill the other half.

LiftingAddict 06-16-2017 07:03 PM

Count me in!

tjtiller88 06-16-2017 09:30 PM

I might be interested

bkovach06 06-23-2017 08:24 PM

would be interested

ffwiseguy 06-23-2017 08:44 PM

Im down to join.

TheAKK 06-24-2017 07:00 AM

If there's room I'll join. Be my first Dynasty but I've played FF for 5 years.

Dolphan44 06-29-2017 07:08 PM

I'd like to be in.

chansen10 08-09-2017 10:45 AM

I'd be in

dsarg117 08-09-2017 05:30 PM

id be in if there is any room left

mnvikingstwins 08-09-2017 07:27 PM

Also would be interested

SleeperCards 08-10-2017 06:09 AM

PMs were sent, we have more interested people than slots, so this shouldn't have issues filling.

StevenTormollan 08-12-2017 07:49 PM

I'm in. $75 sounds great. Also i propose we pay the top 4 teams and do away with the "season points leader" as that is normally always one of the top 4 teams anyhow.

Also will this be an auction or snake draft, and how many keepers can we keep per year ?

StevenTormollan 08-17-2017 10:43 PM

I guess this is not happening ?

SleeperCards 08-17-2017 10:52 PM

[QUOTE=StevenTormollan;12650969]I guess this is not happening ?[/QUOTE]

You didn't receive a response because you didn't read the first post.

It looks like we may need one more though, so feel free to read the post.

49ers_Swag 08-17-2017 11:46 PM

Interested, pm coming

SleeperCards 08-22-2017 04:36 PM

Please check your PMs and fill out the availability form when you get the chance.

Also, if you're interested in the league feel free to post in case we need backups due to scheduling.

Collectable 08-22-2017 05:53 PM

I'm interested if anyone falls through lmk

SleeperCards 08-22-2017 07:55 PM

[QUOTE=Collectable;12666932]I'm interested if anyone falls through lmk[/QUOTE]

Thanks, will keep you in mind.

Have heard from 8 of 12 so far, looking like draft will be 9/3.