Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (https://www.blowoutforums.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.blowoutforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Poll: Xbox 1 or PS4? (https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=612654)

RandysHobby 11-10-2013 09:43 PM

Poll: Xbox 1 or PS4?

What are you getting and why? Please tell me which one I Should get.

Please only vote if you know what's actually going on here. Thanks!

eliteco3 11-10-2013 09:44 PM

I am buying the XBox One as I have always thought Microsoft has a better online setup.

vwnut13 11-10-2013 09:45 PM

Xbox720p or PS4?

jason122883 11-10-2013 09:45 PM

I have already paid for the One. I think I am gonna sell it though. Only one game at release I want to get, and am still enjoying GTA for my 360.

Devi8or 11-10-2013 09:46 PM

I'm gonna go PS4 this time, I had both PS3 and 360 last time. I preferred the 360, but the PS4 looks more appealing this time

Shinypsptitans 11-10-2013 09:47 PM

PS4 imo because $100 cheaper, not a big fan of Kinect, and want a gaming system straight up for gaming (and not skype etc etc).

I never owned a Sony console besides PSP s (Had a 360) so I am strongly for Sony in this war

vwnut13 11-10-2013 09:48 PM

Oh, and no baseball games for the Xbox720p in the foreseeable future.

RandysHobby 11-10-2013 09:48 PM

Anyone know if either one has FREE ONLINE play? I know PS3 is free and 360 is not right now.

freethrowtommy 11-10-2013 09:48 PM

I am getting both, but I am probably going to sell the XB1 and roll with PS4 this time around.

I love the Xbox controller, which almost tilted it for me, but I don't want to have to deal with Kinect and I have always been interested in the Vita integration for remote play (I have a Vita that is collecting dust right now).

Also, it seems like PS+ is a much better deal than XBL given all the free games they have been offering with the PS3 version (I imagine they will do the same for PS4 eventually). I also like that you don't need a subscription to use Netflix, Hulu, etc.

eliteco3 11-10-2013 09:49 PM

[QUOTE=vwnut13;6050426]Oh, and no baseball games for the Xbox720p in the foreseeable future.[/QUOTE]

This sucks. The Show is a truly remarkable installment every year

JPR248 11-10-2013 09:53 PM

[QUOTE=RandysHobby;6050429]Anyone know if either one has FREE ONLINE play? I know PS3 is free and 360 is not right now.[/QUOTE]

You need to pay for online on both the Xbox1 & PS4

Nyfancam01 11-10-2013 09:55 PM

I will be buying the PS4

lagalaxyfan23 11-10-2013 09:56 PM

I have played the XBOX One, and I must say it is really cool. You can speak to the TV and pretty much have it do whatever you want. I can't speak on behalf of the PS4 though, but I know that the XBOX One is really cool!

antrodemus 11-10-2013 09:56 PM

[QUOTE=freethrowtommy;6050430]I am getting both, but I am probably going to sell the XB1 and roll with PS4 this time around.

I love the Xbox controller, which almost tilted it for me, but I don't want to have to deal with Kinect and I have always been interested in the Vita integration for remote play (I have a Vita that is collecting dust right now).

Also, it seems like PS+ is a much better deal than XBL given all the free games they have been offering with the PS3 version (I imagine they will do the same for PS4 eventually). [B]I also like that you don't need a subscription to use Netflix, Hulu, etc[/B].[/QUOTE]

I use my PS3 more for streaming video than for gaming. On Xbox I can't touch Netflix, Amazon or Hulu without paying Microsoft first.

freethrowtommy 11-10-2013 09:58 PM

[QUOTE=JPR248;6050486]You need to pay for online on both the Xbox1 & PS4[/QUOTE]

I am actually happy about this for PS4. I think the flow of cash will help Sony keep up stable servers.

One thing that XBL did was use the money to have stable servers. I never had issues with online gaming on my Microsoft systems (outside of initial release).

This will be good for Sony users even if there will probably be some sticker shock if you haven't had to pay to play for a service before.

JPR248 11-10-2013 10:04 PM

[QUOTE=freethrowtommy;6050549]I am actually happy about this for PS4. I think the flow of cash will help Sony keep up stable servers.

One thing that XBL did was use the money to have stable servers. I never had issues with online gaming on my Microsoft systems (outside of initial release).

This will be good for Sony users even if there will probably be some sticker shock if you haven't had to pay to play for a service before.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more

The Card Album 11-10-2013 10:34 PM

I say ps4 for these reasons :
[LIST][*]The PS4 is slightly more powerful[*]Sony is far superior in customer service[*]PS+ gives you free games every month (ps3/psp/vita content has been incredibly rewarding thus far)[*]You don't have to pay to use online apps like Netflix with the ps4 (last I heard, you had to subscribe to Xbox Live for Netflix and other service access)[*]There have been so many trainwrecks along the way with Microsoft and they have had to clean up so many messes (DRM, Kinect requirement, discouraging indie games, etc.)[*]It seems like the ps4 will be more developer friendly than Xbox, so I expect a better line of exclusives as time goes on[/LIST]

trixstar 11-10-2013 10:44 PM

PS4 for all the things already mentioned and also my brother lives halfway around the world and he has one so I can play online against him.

CAS239 11-10-2013 10:58 PM

Xbox one for sure

Can't wait for Forza 5..only reason I want to possibly wait outside and get it on release day instead of waiting for restocks.

That and I've always been with Microsoft since I went from PS2 to original Xbox.
-All my friends have Xbox.
-Love the Xbox controller and hate the PS one
-Free monthly games
-Best online servers
-I like Xbox exclusives better than PS ones
-Love the new features they've announced and how it'll be gaming along with an entertainment center
-Netflix

There's been countless discussions and threads made on which console people are getting. And basically it's easy to decide..get what your friends have, look at exclusive games and weigh each consoles, & features that come with each.

eaglescubs555 11-10-2013 11:25 PM

I am buying PS4 because I have 360 and want to change it up a little.

Seahawks fan 11-10-2013 11:35 PM

I'm going to wait it out.. I bought just about every system at launch dating back to the Panasonic 3D0 and I have been screwed too many times..

Virtual Boy - Messed up everyones eyes
PS2 had garbage launch games (I can only play Tekken Tag so much)
PSP - horrible load times/took around 3 years to get any good games
Wii - Until they came out with the wii motion plus attachment the controls were too random.
PS3 - Rediculous Price tag when it came out with barely any good games.
Xbox 360 - Red Ring
DS - buy one then the Lite, DSI, DSI XL, 3Ds, etc etc etc comes out the next week

Last Gen I was partial to XBOX 360 for best online capabilities and the Achievements/Gamerscore which was something new for a change... I just care about games not features so again I will wait until something I really like comes out to make up for the insane price tags these days.

fm8418 11-11-2013 12:25 AM

Im getting Sony first then Xbox later. Kinect is a joke to me, always will be.

Microsoft banned some guys xbox one console who got it LEGALLY from a Target the other day. Microsoft has had so many missteps with this launch war.

[QUOTE=lagalaxyfan23;6050518]I have played the XBOX One, and I must say it is really cool. You can speak to the TV and pretty much have it do whatever you want. I can't speak on behalf of the PS4 though, but I know that the XBOX One is really cool![/QUOTE]

I think the speaking thing is useless, I can hit a button quicker.

[QUOTE=CAS239;6051072]Xbox one for sure

Can't wait for Forza 5..only reason I want to possibly wait outside and get it on release day instead of waiting for restocks.

That and I've always been with Microsoft since I went from PS2 to original Xbox.
-All my friends have Xbox.
-Love the Xbox controller and hate the PS one
-Free monthly games
-Best online servers
-I like Xbox exclusives better than PS ones
-Love the new features they've announced and how it'll be gaming along with an entertainment center
-Netflix

There's been countless discussions and threads made on which console people are getting. And basically it's easy to decide..get what your friends have, look at exclusive games and weigh each consoles, & features that come with each.[/QUOTE]

Sony was giving away free games a couple years before xbox with PS+. Servers are still a unknown at this point. Both systems have been entertainment centers for a while now.

[QUOTE=vwnut13;6050389]Xbox720p or PS4?[/QUOTE]

You do realize, 720p could still run and look better than a 1080p game right? It all depends on how stable they can get the framerates at 1080p

freethrowtommy 11-11-2013 12:31 PM

[QUOTE=CAS239;6051072]
There's been countless discussions and threads made on which console people are getting. And basically it's easy to decide..[B]get what your friends have[/B], look at exclusive games and weigh each consoles, & features that come with each.[/QUOTE]

What are these... "friends"... you speak of? I don't know this word.

CAS239 11-11-2013 01:24 PM

[QUOTE=freethrowtommy;6053260]What are these... "friends"... you speak of? I don't know this word.[/QUOTE]

Then I'd go with Playstion or maybe the Wii :p

mainerunr 11-11-2013 02:03 PM

[QUOTE=fm8418;6051608]
You do realize, 720p could still run and look better than a 1080p game right? It all depends on how stable they can get the framerates at 1080p[/QUOTE]

While this is true, I doubt they would release BF4 or COD at different resolutions unless they could get acceptable and stable framerates at the higher resolution. Both of those games are 720p on XBone, one is 900p with the other 1080p on PS4.