Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (https://www.blowoutforums.com/index.php)
-   BASKETBALL (https://www.blowoutforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Celtics season thread.... (https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=418227)

bdoody42 12-22-2012 05:33 PM

Celtics season thread....

I have noticed the celtics don't have a thread like some other teams and figured why not. Please post insightful insight and don't just troll.. I am not saying that non celtics fans can't come in but please don't just come in and say a certain player sucks without having any reasoning...

The celtics have struggled thus far for a few reasons.

1. I think they need a real center besides KG because KG can play the 5 but not all season and against some playoff teams its not a good idea.
2. They need Avery Bradley to return and help the backcourt depth when players like Terry have an off night. Bradley and Rondo together in the backcourt can be very very good defensively.
3. The bench production needs to be higher scoring wise. I think when Bradley comes back that will move Terry to the bench where he is at his best.

RedSoxFan28 12-22-2012 05:44 PM

I agree with you, if we can get Bradley back, and a real center, other then KG, the team can be really good :)

bdoody42 12-22-2012 05:50 PM

[QUOTE=RedSoxFan28;3870842]I agree with you, if we can get Bradley back, and a real center, other then KG, the team can be really good :)[/QUOTE]

They can be really good but as of now I am skeptical.... They need to give up someone in order to get that Center.... Who should they move some guys they just drafted and Lee? I am not sure what that gets you in return.

IamRalpho 12-22-2012 06:32 PM

I really wish this thread would stay open and relevant, but its not going to. I admire the OP for trying, but we all know its going to get ruined.

The Celtics are beyond frustrating right now but there is no need for a massive trade, you dont sign Courtney Lee for 4 years and then dump him in 2 months. 2/3 of this team is new and it does take time to gel, Jason Terry being absolutely awful has killed this team, Bradley being out hurts too and the lack of big men depth has hurt us again.

Unless you can get Boogie Cousins, you do not trade Sullinger who looks very good for what he is, and Courtney Lee ALWAYS hustles, just always tries. I love him.

It is going to take time, if they are like this in February then things might be different, but we need to be patient.

RedSoxFan28 12-22-2012 06:38 PM

[QUOTE=IamRalpho;3871100][B]I really wish this thread would stay open and relevant, but its not going to. I admire the OP for trying, but we all know its going to get ruined. [/B]

The Celtics are beyond frustrating right now but there is no need for a massive trade, you dont sign Courtney Lee for 4 years and then dump him in 2 months. 2/3 of this team is new and it does take time to gel, Jason Terry being absolutely awful has killed this team, Bradley being out hurts too and the lack of big men depth has hurt us again.

Unless you can get Boogie Cousins, you do not trade Sullinger who looks very good for what he is, and Courtney Lee ALWAYS hustles, just always tries. I love him.

It is going to take time, if they are like this in February then things might be different, but we need to be patient.[/QUOTE]

I wonder who might ruin it? :rolleyes:

Any chance the Celtics go after Josh Smith this offseason? Haven't they been interested in Smith for a while now?

Cades 12-22-2012 06:58 PM

[QUOTE=IamRalpho;3871100]I really wish this thread would stay open and relevant, but its not going to. I admire the OP for trying, but we all know its going to get ruined.

It is going to take time, if they are like this in February then things might be different, but we need to be patient.[/QUOTE]

I agree, pretty frustrating to watch the C's right now, but still nothing to worry about at this point

suki24 12-22-2012 06:59 PM

Celtics need to rebuild once the two dinoasaurs on their team retire.

bdoody42 12-22-2012 07:07 PM

[QUOTE=RedSoxFan28;3871132]I wonder who might ruin it? :rolleyes:

Any chance the Celtics go after Josh Smith this offseason? Haven't they been interested in Smith for a while now?[/QUOTE]

He would help but I am willing to bet he is looking for a big deal and I don't think that would fit without the current cap situation the celtics are in....

Cousins would be great to get and would be worth the risk.... But who do they send? I would be fine with Sullinger,Bass or some other combination....

bdoody42 12-22-2012 07:09 PM

[QUOTE=suki24;3871251]Celtics need to rebuild once the two dinoasaurs on their team retire.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully the didn't need to go into full rebuilding mode... I don't think Garnett or Pierce are near dinosaur status yet... Hopefully Ainge can find a way to bring in some talent to take over for those guys...

IamRalpho 12-22-2012 07:26 PM

Sportsguy made a deal that works with the cap, its Sullinger/Lee/Melo/Pick for Francisco Garcia and Boogie.

Id do that deal, but the Kings wouldnt.

Unless the Celts trade Bass and Lee for .20 on the dollar, this is the team they are going to have for the next few years, which isnt a bad thing.

Not a lot of room for a major deal or FA unless they blow it up and move those guys, which I doubt they do.

bdoody42 12-22-2012 07:29 PM

[QUOTE=IamRalpho;3871389]Sportsguy made a deal that works with the cap, its Sullinger/Lee/Melo/Pick for Francisco Garcia and Boogie.

Id do that deal, but the Kings wouldnt.

Unless the Celts trade Bass and Lee for .20 on the dollar, this is the team they are going to have for the next few years, which isnt a bad thing.

Not a lot of room for a major deal or FA unless they blow it up and move those guys, which I doubt they do.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think the kings would feel they can get more for Cousins.....Wilcox and rondo for some reason play well together....

Knicker_Please 12-22-2012 08:15 PM

kings suspended cousins indefinitely...if the celts could somehow get him that would be pretty scary! he's a headcase but if any players and coach could get him in check it would be the celts. he is a rare talent for sure...

they are struggling right now but they are the last team i would want the knicks to see in the playoffs, struggling or not. as long as pierce, kg, and rondo are there i wouldn't want to see the knicks play them in a 7 game series. just too many bad memories there lol. although terry doesn't scare me near as much as allen. just seemed like every time it left that dudes hand it was cash. he should have gone to a west team lol...

im definitely not trying to troll or anything on this thread, if anything i think celts fans shouldn't be worried by their slow start. they're the celtics... they'll be in it.

obviously a center would help but im not sure that guy is out there or if as most of you have said they will pull the trigger on a major trade...

bbplaya11 12-22-2012 08:19 PM

Would love to get a center like gortat or andy v, move kg to the four, plus bass has ben struggling latley

bdoody42 12-22-2012 08:20 PM

[QUOTE=Knicker_Please;3871675]kings suspended cousins indefinitely...if the celts could somehow get him that would be pretty scary! he's a headcase but if any players and coach could get him in check it would be the celts. he is a rare talent for sure...

they are struggling right now but they are the last team i would want the knicks to see in the playoffs, struggling or not. as long as pierce, kg, and rondo are there i wouldn't want to see the knicks play them in a 7 game series. just too many bad memories there lol. although terry doesn't scare me near as much as allen. just seemed like every time it left that dudes hand it was cash. he should have gone to a west team lol...

im definitely not trying to troll or anything on this thread, if anything i think celts fans shouldn't be worried by their slow start. they're the celtics... they'll be in it.

obviously a center would help but im not sure that guy is out there or if as most of you have said they will pull the trigger on a major trade...[/QUOTE]

Cousins would be scary if he became a celtics.... Since the kings are down on him right now it seems celtics should try to throw some deal together to get him....now maybe the best chance ....

Btw I don't consider your post as trolling when you bring viable conversation and points to the thread.

Knicker_Please 12-22-2012 08:23 PM

[QUOTE=bdoody42;3871706]Cousins would be scary if he became a celtics.... Since the kings are down on him right now it seems celtics should try to throw some deal together to get him....now maybe the best chance ....

Btw I don't consider your post as trolling when you bring viable conversation and points to the thread.[/QUOTE]

definitely, i'd try and snag him...there aren't many teams that could keep him in check and i believe the celts are one of very few.

thanks lol...with so much damn trolling in this forum i just like to preface...because obviously im not a celtics fan and don't necessarily belong in this thread lol..but i have watched a lot of c's ball and unfortunately seen them rough up the knicks far too many times....

there's just something deep inside me that is terrified of seeing the celtics in the playoffs or in big games haha...

IamRalpho 12-22-2012 08:25 PM

Put Cousins with KG and he straightens him out, thats the hope.

I am still not 100% worried about the Celtics, but they are UNWATCHABLE right now and its getting frustrating. The Knicks and Heat are playing well, we cant let either get too far away, mainly the Knicks. Even though I do think the Knicks come back to the pack a bit, if the Celtics are losing to the Bulls and Bucks what the f does it matter what other teams do.

There wont be a major trade, but they will add a big with their 15th spot I think.

bdoody42 12-22-2012 08:26 PM

[QUOTE=Knicker_Please;3871727]definitely, i'd try and snag him...there aren't many teams that could keep him in check and i believe the celts are one of very few.

thanks lol...with so much damn trolling in this forum i just like to preface...because obviously im not a celtics fan and don't necessarily belong in this thread lol..but i have watched a lot of c's ball and unfortunately seen them rough up the knicks far too many times....

there's just something deep inside me that is terrified of seeing the celtics in the playoffs or in big games haha...[/QUOTE]

They do have a lot of playoff experience but if they get a low playoff seed it will come back and bite the in the butt I think.

bdoody42 12-24-2012 03:09 PM

Celtics signed Jarvis Varnado from the D league.... Not the center they need to fill out there roster.... Grrrrrr

ronaldo943 12-25-2012 01:57 AM

Avery Bradley will play tomorrow against the Nets..

bdoody42 12-25-2012 09:41 AM

[QUOTE=ronaldo943;3884746]Avery Bradley will play tomorrow against the Nets..[/QUOTE]

Have you got a link? This is great news....he will help a lot the backcourt depth...him and rondo in the backcourt will do a good job defending the other teams backcourt...

Fraser9698 12-25-2012 10:19 AM

Cousins has shown in college he can play without having issues, I think he would be great with the Celts.

bdoody42 12-25-2012 12:17 PM

[QUOTE=Fraser9698;3885285]Cousins has shown in college he can play without having issues, I think he would be great with the Celts.[/QUOTE]

He is back with the Kings and active damn... Cousins I think just needs someone on the court in a player like KG and a coach like Doc Rivers...

Would be nice for the celtics to get a win on Xmas day!!!

jprk31 12-25-2012 12:46 PM

I win today would be really great. I can't wait to have Bradley back in the lineup. I think the Celtics need to get a big. I would trade Lee, Barbosa, Green and Bass for any upgrade in the line up. Cousins would really be a nice addition. If the C's can make a run on Varejao that would be great too.

Kosmo Kards 12-25-2012 01:15 PM

Celtics have looked awesome in the second quarter here. You have to wonder if today is the day the Celtics start to turn it around.

IamRalpho 12-25-2012 01:26 PM

Celtics need to keep it together in the 3rd, that is when they usually blow it.

Brooklyn looks AWFUL, gotta assume they play better in the 2nd half. Celtics need to withstand that rush