View Single Post
Old 09-15-2020, 02:33 PM   #1464
pip

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpeck100 View Post
Thank you for this more reasonable post.

After I hit go I realized it was an SEC product and called my direct manager right away and discussed it with him and had to enter into our compliance system a request to move forward. It is still pending and I have yet to sign the edoc item but I do see the funds have been pulled from my checking account which is fine. He didn't think it would be an issue as obviously this isn't a security and is a collectable just offered in a registered manner.

As I stated in various posts Evan simply told me this was happening and I thought it sounded cool. It was my idea to start a thread and I posted the same one on two boards knowing there would be different discussion. I am not sure what his relationship with Sean is but I do know that Evan in the past sold some cards through Sean on EBAY because I bought two. The only reason I knew they were Evan's is because when he text me a picture of one after he pulled it out of a sealed 1982 Wrestling All Stars B set my heart sank because I thought it would be the first 10 and it was. When it got listed I knew it was his.

I am not aware of what Evan's investment or ownership if any of this new app or company is. I didn't see him listed on the site but obviously in the write up about the card he is named and many in the hobby already knew he owned this card. If anyone stands to benefit or have things really go awry it is him. Time will tell how this plays out but I do believe as I stated you are going to see a lot of these type offerings pop up. It turns out there is another app doing this as well so I would imagine we will see more and more pop up in due time. I believe personally like pack breaks have become popular you will see others who do not want to speculate on getting a card be more willing to speculate on a specific card or item. We shall see.
David, are you concerned about Evan's extensive history with trimming cards and defrauding his customers? Also, are you aware that the card in question, the PSA 10 1953 Topps Mantle, was originally in a PSA 9 holder before PSA "bumped it up" for Evan even though he was not the original owner? Also what do you make of the allegation that Tony Arnold first owned the card before it was graded and may have altered it? Do you know that Tony Arnold was involved in deceptively altering a group of W575-1s with a fake "Standard Biscuit" backstamp to turn them into much more valuable D350-3s? How can you go forward with such a venture or promote it in any way given these alleged multiple layers of fraud? Does it at all concern you?

Last edited by pip; 09-15-2020 at 02:38 PM.
pip is offline   Reply With Quote