Thread: bloodlines
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 04:04 PM   #13
joltedman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstasyk1121 View Post
admittedly i only collect MMA but i do read on the baseball portion of this site every day....i dont get it...how can you even classify a $500 for one pack as a "box"...umm no that is $500 for 3 cards...not a box of cards...thats insane...im sure if i had cash i would buy some of those too...thats the bad thing...is they sell like crazy!!! and to me $200 for ufc is high end...when low end is like $45...so about 5x the low end....what is low end in baseball?? like $75?? so like $350 or 400 for "high end" ...seems the math is about right so far...maybe ufc will keep growing and get bigger but they prob dont sell enough cards to warrant a huge $400/box product...

I agree with what you said. It's just when I think of high end, that's what I think of. I think of $500/box. That's what the hobby has done with "high end" stuff. I would just like more patch cards and limited autos. Right now the market is flooded with autos. I mean just looking at ebay last night, I seen a Chuck Liddell auto selling for roughly $16!!!!! That's insane to me! When I think of ex champs that were mega stars I think of high $$$ auto's. Now Topps can't put a UFC/mma product out that retains it's value. So a high end product that's a bit different is great but are they doing it because Knockout 2 didn't sell as well as they predicted? I love the MMA/UFC cards but getting a former champ/legend auto out of a $120 box that sells for $16 is really depressing to me. lol. These "high end" cards like Knockout 1 & 2, just don't retain value. Granted this "Bloodlines" release has some new stuff in it, I just don't think it will hold value either. They have to do something different and stop flooding the market.
joltedman is offline   Reply With Quote