View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 04:20 PM   #6
danmecum51

I would agree, I make it out to the athlete. I include on the "notes" section of my check that its a donation for whatever foundation. I love sending to the Negro League players and a lot of them are now requesting money to help with growing medical bills... I dont even bat an eye at helping them out as I know most of them are poor...

I get this questions a lot: Give me an example of a letter to send the athlete.

here is what all of my requests read for the most part:
Dear _______
I am a huge fan of yours and I was hoping you could sign the card/photo I included. I know you are very busy with other requests so I thank you for taking the time out of your day to consider my request.

Have a nice day,

Dan

super short

Also, my success rate is in the 90% range if you dont count items unreturned. If you count those I am probably around 20-25% success. As a TTM collector people have to understand that they might have to send a few times in order to get that one request they want really bad. I only send to celebs that have high success rates, and it has worked out fairly well so far.

GREAT JOB RAIDERGUY10, this will save a lot of us some major time answering questions.... thanks again!

HUGE TIP FOR BASEBALL TTM COLLECTORS
The absolute best time to send TTMs to baseball players is during spring training to the athletes spring training facility. I have already started filling out my requests for next spring training and I am anticipating 400-500 requests being sent out. I received a ton of successes from ST last year, and I dont want to pass it up this year.

Last edited by danmecum51; 07-28-2010 at 04:24 PM.
danmecum51 is offline   Reply With Quote