View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013, 05:54 PM   #136
ninjacookies

Location: All the girls see the (boi)/ Look at his flips / Look at his kards / All they say is (oh boi).

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
Travis Johnson is going to be pissed off then since he was subject to the same rules as everyone else.

Winston is going to get special treatment, without a doubt, if he's charged and not suspended.
I didn't say it's fair at all, but politics and business go hand-in-hand.

Convictions in sports is definitely a very tricky subject, which is why there are those clauses in place.

Why? Because being convicted of being in possession of marijuana or cocaine (ie, being arrested and found by the police in direct possesion of the substance on the spot), or being pulled over for a DUI.... are a LOT different than being accused of sexual assault. It is clearly a '2 sides to the story' vs 'the guy got flat out caught doing wrong.' Now...had the sexual assault victim gone to the police immediately and had lacerations and bruises all over her face and body from an actual physical assault as well, then that would make for a much more compelling case for immediate suspension. Again, I don't know the full details.

I personally think college athletics should take the same approach as the NFL when it comes to these sort of cases. All individuals in these kind of cases should be able to carry on with their normal lives until they are given a fair and just trial.

Last edited by ninjacookies; 11-21-2013 at 05:56 PM.
ninjacookies is offline   Reply With Quote