View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 11:28 AM   #16
roc21

1) define a key term in your new CBA with the players
- Pretty much what the owners are trying to do, get 50/50 split of Hockey related revenue, and limit contract length to eliminate back dropping "retirement" contracts (I'd want 8 or 9 year limit with no greater than 20% variance in salary from one year to next) (most likely will see something like this when they stop being dick wads and settle... in 2013 (this lockout is so #@#@#@#@ing stupid its not even funny, nobody's gonna have any noses left. 2005, when they missed season, was necessary, didn't have to take so long though)

2) define any team changes (relocation/contraction/change in division) you'd implement
- Sort out Phoenix mess, send them to Quebec City (good chance of that happening) but requiring them to be called Nordiques and wear their old blue igloo uni's. I'm against contraction (and expansion) but if were to contract it would be Phoenix and (sadly) Florida (contraction not happening, expansion possibly [ Seattle and another Toronto area team]. Realignment needs to be done cause Winnepeg (formerly Atlanta) is still in the Southeast division (will definitely happen). Bring back the old conference and division names. Eastern and Western conference = boring, Prince of Wales and Campbell conference (Patrick, Adams, Norris, Smythe divisions) = awesome (will definitely NOT happen) I also miss the Hartford Whalers.

3) define one rule change you'd implement
- Make shooting puck over glass in defensive zone = a icing call (can't make line change), not a minor delay of game penalty unless it was obvious they were doing it on purpose.
-OR-
- 10 minute 4 on 4 overtime ( not 5 minute) before shootout and change to 3 points for ROWs (Regulation/Overtime wins), 2 points for shootout win, 1 point for shootout loss, no points for overtime loss. (all games result in distribution of 3 points, not some 2 and some 3)
there are a couple more that need to be done (hybrid icing [ will likely happening] , removal of the trapazoid)

thanks for the chance