View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 05:38 PM   #23

Originally Posted by clearblue View Post
This sounds exactly the same as when Marvel Premier was coming out. Very few people believed it would be successful. Everyone said it was too expensive. A lot of the same opinions are being made on this product too.

I think that this stuff has the potential to be very popular. The difficulty of the inserts will prolong the value of this product for years to come. It certainly depends on the quality of the sketch cards and the list of signers, but the rarity of the inserts might make it a moot point.
I think Marvel Premier is a different beast though. A lot of people who doubted it's success didn't realize how nice those sketches would be. To me, it has by and far the best sketches out of any product to ever hit. Plus the base cards sold pretty well and were all numbered very low, making a complete set fairly hard to build. Premier was basically Marvel Exquisite. Upper Deck's other retro products (hockey and football) have not lived up to the high price tag and I think Marvel Retro will do the same. Had they put two sketches in it, with one being two panels and one being one panel, plus all the inserts, I think people would happily pay $200 a box. From what I've seen though of Retro, it's nothing like Premier.
Brobocop is online now   Reply With Quote