View Single Post
Old 08-07-2016, 07:15 AM   #59
Spider-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
Compared to the comics and tv show though he treated her like a queen. He rescues her numerous times where in the source material he almost always left her behind or used her to escape. She is just so sick in the head she doesn't care and always comes back to him.

I mean geeze when an animated tv show has a harder hitting emotional story than your big budget R I mean shoulda been R rated movie I don't know what to say.
I agree with all that, but none of those things are going to help develop their movie franchise. Who HQ is "now" (in her current state of glorious popularity, with millions of licensed crap sold a year) is not the Joker's flunky, and hasn't been for years. I wouldn't go that crazy over the 5 minutes of screen time they shared. I thought it was pretty clear Joker viewed her as his property more than anything else. Maybe that will be further developed if the franchise has some sticking power?

I thought they struck a good balance to further thier merchandise sales and film franchise while avoiding public out cry.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote