View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 05:31 PM   #8
timgetsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardCache View Post
First off, I'd love to say thank you for giving the COMC buyers and sellers who use this forum a place to pose questions and give feedback and suggestions. I'm sure I speak for many of us when I say we're excited about your new partnership with Blowout Cards.
I am really grateful for this forum, and we are also very excited about the long term potential of this partnership.

Quote:
One question I do have is this. Was there consideration given to allowing users to purchase custom amount Blowout Cards gift certificates, instead of the current 3 level approach? I do realize keeping the credit in $50, $250 and $1000 lump sums benefits Blowout Cards, as purchases will always end up being an odd amount and the leftover will be used for future purchases on the site.
Yes, it was considered, but I wanted to keep it very clean and simple to start with. We are always open to suggestions, and we may consider adding this. One thing to note is that you can always supplement a purchase on Blowout Cards with additional money. If you want to buy something for $68, you can use a $50 gift certificate and put $18 on your credit card.

Quote:
I would have loved to have seen a sliding scale approach though, where the user could buy any amount of gift certificate (equal to the total of their future blowout purchase, for example) while taking a small hit on their COMC credit of course. Was this ever discussed as an option?
We have discussed many future plans. One of them is being able to order any Blowout Cards product directly from the CheckOutMyCards website. This will take some pretty significant development work and coordination, but it is something we are open to offering.

Quote:
Thanks again for allowing us this opportunity to give our feedback!
You are welcome. These are great questions.
timgetsch is offline   Reply With Quote