View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 12:04 PM   #20
ohiomike

Sounds to me like your dradt order is setup fair if you won the league last year. The keeper round should be looked at separately. Looks like picks 32 and 33 are really picks 16 and 17 in the regular draft portion, and if you finished in first place, you should have the last pick of the first round and first pick of the second round. You have that.

Usually if you were setting up a snaking draft like this with 1 keeper round, your keeper pick would have been counted as the #1 pick, so that when it starts snaking, everything is already in the right order. And whether your keeper pick was #1 overall or #16 overall, you're still getting MJD, so it doesn't matter.

But if you have the option of not keeping a player, then it makes sense that your league does it the way you do, as it would give the worst team the first choice at taking a non-keeper in the keeper round.

Your commissioner definitely has things set up correctly for 1 optional keeper league where the draft order is based on the results of the previous season.

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote