View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 12:08 PM   #15
Vargaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I still believe your logic is flawed. The short answer, Force Awakens has the highest grossing opening weekend. Longer answer in a nutshell, those numbers are comprehensive not for a single film. May the forth be with you nonetheless...

EDIT: More movies = More $$$... If you click the links to see the individual film gross for each of those seasons you'll see Star Wars is unlikely to gross significantly more...
Are we all forgetting the simple fact that it doesn't matter when it comes out, people will flock to theaters because it's Star Wars?

The waiting in lines argument is flawed nowadays with Fandango and more theaters having online ticketing and even reserved seating so you don't have to wait an hour to get a good seat.

The only thing Disney has to figure out is to spread enough time so they don't release two films too close together. For example, in 2018 Avengers Infinity War comes out 5/4 and Han Solo comes out 5/25 to give 3 weeks for people to see Avengers.

However, in hindsight, they should've swapped the dates and gave May the 4th to Star Wars, but I'm honestly way too excited for Infinity War to care about Han Solo. And Deadpool 2 comes on the heels of Solo, 1 week later.

My FS/FT thread https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1112127
Vargaman is online now   Reply With Quote