View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 10:09 PM   #1
tmoore_25

Default My COMC rant.....

I just recently attempted to buy a bunch of cards that I needed to complete a set I am working on through COMC. I like using the site due to the fact that I can pay one shipping and handling fee for cards purchased through multiple owners and I can buy cards over a long period of time and have them hold them until I get a large order and save on shipping. That is where the positive experience is starting to end. If I'm wrong, feel free to explain where I have veered off path.

The overwhelming majority of cards listed on the site are commons. Cards that under any other circumstance, the lister would probably never have the chance to move. They would sit in their owner's closet and simply take up space. Therefore, if I make an offer on your common card, it should be considered a pretty good day for you. In addition, if your common card is overpriced to begin with, you should not be looking to counter my offer just because COMC gives you the option to do so. I do not make lowball offers, but I am not looking to grossly overpay for a card just because their is only one currently listed on the site.

Here is an example of what I run into on a regular basis. On COMC, their is a 2013 A&G Mini Fergie Jenkins #55 listed as "on sale" for .86 cents. I make an offer of .60 and get the ".63 is the lowest offer this seller will take" message. I figure I'm already over paying, but I will take one for the team and make the .63 cent offer. The owner actually counters with .75 cents. If you won't actually accept your own lowest offer, then why offer it? I then flip over to sportlots and find five different sellers who all have the same card available a a lower price than the seller on COMC.

I know many of you may say why are you complaining about an .86 cent card, but when you are buying 50 cards at a time to finish off some sets, the price gouging on COMC adds up. COMC gives you the ability to counter. That should be done with a fair value in mind. If you can't offer a fair price, don't expect your cards to sell. I am quickly losing interest in COMC and moving over to sportlots.

Topps Flagship and Topps Chrome Photo Variations
tmoore_25 is online now   Reply With Quote