View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 05:57 PM   #11
Incarnadine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I'm not an expert on Stan Lee autos - but the listing referenced in the opening post has a COA attached to it. It could be a fake, but its there.

As far as the sketch goes - I've seen several done by Stan Lee on blank comic book sketch covers and as insert cards in licensed sets. Not to say that nobody would go through the trouble of forging one.... that one looks pretty consistent with others I've seen so I see no reason to doubt it.
In reference to the sketch, Stan Lee did 100 of these (all Captain America) for the 2006 Complete Avengers set by Rittenhouse. Originally they were supposed to be 6 case incentives, but that was changed to Cat Staggs oversized sketches and the Stan Lee was inserted in packs as a bonus sketch, it did not replace the 1 per box color sketch that was guaranteed.
I pulled this sketch myself from the roughly 5 cases I opened, so I know it's genuine, and it's one of the 2 sketches I kept when I sold my collection. I mean, it's Stan Lee!. He signs a ton, but there aren't many official licensed sketch cards by Stan "the man" Lee out there.
Incarnadine is online now   Reply With Quote