Blowout Cards Forums
Spring Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 12-30-2021, 07:51 PM   #2851
Wiseysez

Looks like this thread is dead, so I apologize up front.

I haven’t opened much Prizm this year compared to the past, so I haven’t followed this thread like in year’s past. Not sure if this was ever brought up in here so I wanted to ask. Ripped a retail box today from my lcs where every last card in the back was badly miscut AND the back of every card was wrong and did not match the player on the front. Didn’t know if anyone had seen this before. I’m assuming this is why I hit 2 LaMelo base in the same box.

For example

Wiseysez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 09:23 PM   #2852
bpc3qh

I hadn't noticed that in any of mine; just opened a mega yesterday.
bpc3qh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 09:16 PM   #2853
Coolstavi

Was looking for an answer and searching Ebay for the same thing. I have a Magic Johnson front with a #19 Allen Iverson on the back. Wasn't able to find any of this particular card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiseysez View Post

I haven’t opened much Prizm this year compared to the past, so I haven’t followed this thread like in year’s past. Not sure if this was ever brought up in here so I wanted to ask. Ripped a retail box today from my lcs where every last card in the back was badly miscut AND the back of every card was wrong and did not match the player on the front. Didn’t know if anyone had seen this before. I’m assuming this is why I hit 2 LaMelo base in the same box.

For example

Coolstavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 09:37 PM   #2854
sportsfanatic

^^ Poopini's QC at it's finest

You would think that with the millions of dollars in revenue they generate, they'd at least be able to make sure the front matches what should be in the back
sportsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 10:39 AM   #2855
bigjbasketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiseysez View Post

For example

One of these just sold last night for $22.50, so basically the same as the correct version:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2020-21-Pri...-127632-2357-0

PC: Mourning, Ginobili, Kobe, KD, John Wallace, Deni Avdija
bigjbasketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 10:31 PM   #2856
Oachs83

I’m primarily a baseball guy but did send in a couple basketball and had my grades just pop online. I know next to nothing about this set so sorry for the noob question. My Anthony Edwards 258 variation came back a PSA 10 and is a POP of only 21. I looked up the prices on EBay and see they sell for around $350. I then see there is a fast break version of this same card but that sells for about twice the price. Weird thing is it is a POP of 122.

I have no idea what fastbreak is but why is a card with a 6x higher POP selling for twice the price?

Last edited by Oachs83; 03-28-2022 at 10:34 PM.
Oachs83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 12:57 AM   #2857
pnft17

Anyone complete a rainbow or come close ?
pnft17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 01:02 AM   #2858
BRob1

Default First Buzz: 2020-21 Panini Prizm basketball cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oachs83 View Post
I’m primarily a baseball guy but did send in a couple basketball and had my grades just pop online. I know next to nothing about this set so sorry for the noob question. My Anthony Edwards 258 variation came back a PSA 10 and is a POP of only 21. I looked up the prices on EBay and see they sell for around $350. I then see there is a fast break version of this same card but that sells for about twice the price. Weird thing is it is a POP of 122.

I have no idea what fastbreak is but why is a card with a 6x higher POP selling for twice the price?

prizm came out during the time it wasn’t financially feasible to grade base cards. Still very little base prizm has been graded due to the cost. This is one where i wouldn’t confuse pop with the actual number of cards that exist. That and people just don’t want base today.

psa pop on 2019 prizm is over 500k. pop on 2020 is 16k. a lot of reasons for that, but they didn’t produce any less, just less has been graded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by BRob1; 03-29-2022 at 01:13 AM.
BRob1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 06:09 AM   #2859
Oachs83

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRob1 View Post
prizm came out during the time it wasn’t financially feasible to grade base cards. Still very little base prizm has been graded due to the cost. This is one where i wouldn’t confuse pop with the actual number of cards that exist. That and people just don’t want base today.

psa pop on 2019 prizm is over 500k. pop on 2020 is 16k. a lot of reasons for that, but they didn’t produce any less, just less has been graded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay that makes sense. Thank you for the response.
Oachs83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 08:56 AM   #2860
mc1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oachs83 View Post

Base Prizm variations were in retail hangers. Fast Break Prizm Variations were in Fast Break boxes. Im guessing that there are way more Base Variations than Fast Break Prizms.