Blowout Cards Forums
world cup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 03-18-2017, 09:22 AM   #176
volblorx8634

This round of 32 is kind of crazy so far. All of a sudden you can only get the elites you need in packs or auction? If it continues this way through the rest of the rounds this will become a very expensive promo.
Old 03-18-2017, 04:23 PM   #177
briancecilrn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiegel View Post
Yea guys it's really hard to say. If it's like CNY then you can upgrade at all all times until the promotion is over. If I had elites I'd hold them for now and see how this plays out. Right now I have 2 elites and a lot of brackets and I'm just being patient.

I have 1 round of 64 elite and I got 1 round of 32 elite that I used in the Curry set. So now I have an 88 Curry but am saving the other elite for now. Like the last guy said, I think it's just an expensive promo. I got the round of 32 elite in a 70k pack today (bought 2 and got 1 elite and a few round of 64 gold guys). I'm going to attempt to save coins for tomorrow because I'm sure it'll take more coins to buy more packs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-19-2017, 02:07 AM   #178
dasiegel

Quote:
Originally Posted by volblorx8634 View Post
This round of 32 is kind of crazy so far. All of a sudden you can only get the elites you need in packs or auction? If it continues this way through the rest of the rounds this will become a very expensive promo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by briancecilrn View Post
I have 1 round of 64 elite and I got 1 round of 32 elite that I used in the Curry set. So now I have an 88 Curry but am saving the other elite for now. Like the last guy said, I think it's just an expensive promo. I got the round of 32 elite in a 70k pack today (bought 2 and got 1 elite and a few round of 64 gold guys). I'm going to attempt to save coins for tomorrow because I'm sure it'll take more coins to buy more packs.

I'm with both of you. Seems like a pack oriented promo. I had 90k in coins and I caved and bought a 70k pack, only got gold 64s:/ Frustrating since it says increased chance of elites.

I guess I will just do the best I can in getting the guys with the highest ratings and then sell them for coins. I don't think I will get higher than the 90 players and I can only play so many campus heroes events before my heads explodes. Sometimes I still lose those which annoys me.
Old 03-19-2017, 01:14 PM   #179
mrmojorisin71

Quote:
I'm with both of you. Seems like a pack oriented promo. I had 90k in coins and I caved and bought a 70k pack, only got gold 64s:/ Frustrating since it says increased chance of elites.

I guess I will just do the best I can in getting the guys with the highest ratings and then sell them for coins. I don't think I will get higher than the 90 players and I can only play so many campus heroes events before my heads explodes. Sometimes I still lose those which annoys me.
With the campus heroes if you have an I phone you just leave the game in mid game, double click the home button and force quit the program and then restart the campus heroes game fresh from the start...can get frustrating but it's all good.

I currently have 260 in coins and have laettner, curry and Anthony as 86...in need 3 elites though so it's getting tough right now.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:03 PM   #180
briancecilrn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmojorisin71 View Post
With the campus heroes if you have an I phone you just leave the game in mid game, double click the home button and force quit the program and then restart the campus heroes game fresh from the start...can get frustrating but it's all good.

I currently have 260 in coins and have laettner, curry and Anthony as 86...in need 3 elites though so it's getting tough right now.

It's tough with the Mobile Madness program because I'm not sure what will come next. I have round of 32 Curry 88 ovr and round of 32 Melo 88 ovr. But really nothing else in the works. Maybe one gold bracket guy. No saved mobile elites anymore. Hoping I have 3-4 days to save coins to get ready for the round of 16 promo Thursday?

Last edited by briancecilrn; 03-20-2017 at 03:59 AM.
briancecilrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 06:20 PM   #181
mrmojorisin71

At 260k I meant and yeah I may just upgrade the curry and elite exchange the others
Old 03-20-2017, 08:58 AM   #182
dasiegel

I haven't hit a single mobile elite in packs so I'm just sitting on some 86 guys right now. At this rate i may end up with a few 88 guys which actually is useless because I think only the Ewing would play on my roster and I can't sell or exchange the mobile madness or upgrade players. With the CNY promotion it was hard to get players but I got the 90 Lin and 88+ Love and Wiggins who both play on my team and are sellable. Maybe this just isn't a great promotion. I have like 40k in coins after buying packs. I'm not buying any of these campus heroes packs now because I wanna see if packs get better in later rounds.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:50 AM   #183
briancecilrn

Quote:
I haven't hit a single mobile elite in packs so I'm just sitting on some 86 guys right now. At this rate i may end up with a few 88 guys which actually is useless because I think only the Ewing would play on my roster and I can't sell or exchange the mobile madness or upgrade players. With the CNY promotion it was hard to get players but I got the 90 Lin and 88+ Love and Wiggins who both play on my team and are sellable. Maybe this just isn't a great promotion. I have like 40k in coins after buying packs. I'm not buying any of these campus heroes packs now because I wanna see if packs get better in later rounds.

I did get lucky and get one in the packs. But they do have the Exchange now Dave. You can exchange 2 round of 64 elites and 5 gold players for one round of 32 elite. So I did that. I'm going to try to save some coins for Thursday.

Old 03-20-2017, 11:05 AM   #184
dasiegel

Quote:
I did get lucky and get one in the packs. But they do have the Exchange now Dave. You can exchange 2 round of 64 elites and 5 gold players for one round of 32 elite. So I did that. I'm going to try to save some coins for Thursday.

yea but Brian, that is a monster exchange. It takes a lot of playing to get a 64 elite. You need 2 for the 32 player. It's gonna be like impossible to get a Final Four player! I don't mind grinding but I don't have the coin to F around on so many packs in the hope that I can get a non sellable 90 player if i sell my soul, lol. Some 90 guys wouldn't make my roster anyway and while I like the idea of an increased coin player I'm not happy about the amount of events you can do a day in order to get them. I bet down the road when we are all dealing with players in the 90-95 range and walking around with 1 million plus coins consistently these promotions get much better!
Old 03-20-2017, 12:11 PM   #185
csrockerzero

I thought that I'd share my latest lineups since I've been grinding for LvL, Fan Favorites, and ToTW. My shooting lineup is looking great with Payton and Randle, but I may try to go for the Hero of the Month if will fit my lineup well.

Give me your Deng cards!
csrockerzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:57 PM   #186
dasiegel

Crockerzero that is sick! How is the 93 Lebron and how are the fan favorite 93+ guys?
Old 03-20-2017, 03:05 PM   #187
csrockerzero

Quote:
Crockerzero that is sick! How is the 93 Lebron and how are the fan favorite 93+ guys?
Thanks siegel! LeBron is reallly good. He's a go-to guy for everything except 3's. The Buzzer Beater ability is great too. When there's 2 seconds left in a 2-minute event or quarter, he'll make a shot anywhere on the court!

The Fan Favorites are really good too. Bo Outlaw is stout in the paint on both ends of the floor. Pierce is just absurdly good. It'll be a while before I can get the Nick Van Exel fan favorite, but his stats look ridiculous.

Give me your Deng cards!
Old 03-20-2017, 06:36 PM   #188
briancecilrn

Quote:
Originally Posted by csrockerzero View Post
I thought that I'd share my latest lineups since I've been grinding for LvL, Fan Favorites, and ToTW. My shooting lineup is looking great with Payton and Randle, but I may try to go for the Hero of the Month if will fit my lineup well.

Dude those are ridiculous lineups. How much cash have u spent? Not judging just curious? I've been tempted but haven't spent any real money.

I agree with you Dave, this promo is ridiculous and expensive. My lineups aren't good enough where I can't use the 88 or 90 guys yet (well I can't really use the Ewing or Leattner) but the Curry and melo help me. The packs suck me in still, even though I know it's just luck. Oh and the other part about the round of 32 Exchange, ur right about it costing. I already had one round 64 elite and bought another in auction for 90k maybe. Then grinded for the 5 golds so it wasn't too bad.

Looking forward to thrursday promo but not looking forward to the price. I can only acquire so much coin in that time. I'm at 150k right now. Feel like that's not going to help much with this promo. Which is sad lol. They definitely want people to spend some cash. I already lost $10 on my bracket so.........(damn Doook).

Old 03-21-2017, 10:10 AM   #189
dasiegel

Quote:
Dude those are ridiculous lineups. How much cash have u spent? Not judging just curious? I've been tempted but haven't spent any real money.

I agree with you Dave, this promo is ridiculous and expensive. My lineups aren't good enough where I can't use the 88 or 90 guys yet (well I can't really use the Ewing or Leattner) but the Curry and melo help me. The packs suck me in still, even though I know it's just luck. Oh and the other part about the round of 32 Exchange, ur right about it costing. I already had one round 64 elite and bought another in auction for 90k maybe. Then grinded for the 5 golds so it wasn't too bad.

Looking forward to thrursday promo but not looking forward to the price. I can only acquire so much coin in that time. I'm at 150k right now. Feel like that's not going to help much with this promo. Which is sad lol. They definitely want people to spend some cash. I already lost $10 on my bracket so.........(damn Doook).

Yea Duke goin down killed a lot of people. It didn't hurt me too bad but I had them going decently far. Yea I mean I remember with the CNY promo I got about 5-6 elites throughout the promo but they were often 87-89s and I still have some on the rosters I posted screenshots of. But the effort it takes to get anything over an 86 in this one is just so rough. Two campus heroes for 1 gold bracket player, 10 of those for an elite... so that's 20 friggin campus hero gold players for some 84 85 elite that you must you to upgrade to an... 86? or 88? Then to get the 32 it's basically 50 gold campus players? Am I doing this math right... 2 elites plus 5 gold bracket players. Yea if you get great packs (I haven't hit an elite in a pack yet) it might be quicker but you literally can't grind that much and it would be SOOOOO BORING! Oh well I only have about 70k in coins right now. I'll grind other stuff til Thursday and maybe sell some elite trophies and gold trophies to buy some packs. Zero chance I buy the TOTW packs in case the Madness stuff is good.
Old 03-22-2017, 08:29 AM   #190
briancecilrn

Quote:
Yea Duke goin down killed a lot of people. It didn't hurt me too bad but I had them going decently far. Yea I mean I remember with the CNY promo I got about 5-6 elites throughout the promo but they were often 87-89s and I still have some on the rosters I posted screenshots of. But the effort it takes to get anything over an 86 in this one is just so rough. Two campus heroes for 1 gold bracket player, 10 of those for an elite... so that's 20 friggin campus hero gold players for some 84 85 elite that you must you to upgrade to an... 86? or 88? Then to get the 32 it's basically 50 gold campus players? Am I doing this math right... 2 elites plus 5 gold bracket players. Yea if you get great packs (I haven't hit an elite in a pack yet) it might be quicker but you literally can't grind that much and it would be SOOOOO BORING! Oh well I only have about 70k in coins right now. I'll grind other stuff til Thursday and maybe sell some elite trophies and gold trophies to buy some packs. Zero chance I buy the TOTW packs in case the Madness stuff is good.

Yes I believe your math is right Dave. When you break it down like that it seems even more ridiculous than it did before. It would take a ridiculous amount of grinding. Before finding out the new way to get coins, I would and actually still do buy desirable gold guys cheap (Dirk, Bosh, Giannis, etc) for 3 k or under and sell them for 6500-7500. Point is that I can't imagine just grinding to get that many campus golds to turn them into mobile madness guys. It would drive u mad. Last night I finished winning 200 head to head quarters with my shooting lineup and even that grind wore on me. Didn't get anything too special in the legendary pack either.

Old 03-22-2017, 03:22 PM   #191
dasiegel

Quote:
Yes I believe your math is right Dave. When you break it down like that it seems even more ridiculous than it did before. It would take a ridiculous amount of grinding. Before finding out the new way to get coins, I would and actually still do buy desirable gold guys cheap (Dirk, Bosh, Giannis, etc) for 3 k or under and sell them for 6500-7500. Point is that I can't imagine just grinding to get that many campus golds to turn them into mobile madness guys. It would drive u mad. Last night I finished winning 200 head to head quarters with my shooting lineup and even that grind wore on me. Didn't get anything too special in the legendary pack either.

I think I'm gonna get a gold campus player soon from the league achievements so that is good timing but the rest is just too annoying. I have about 88k in coins and I'm just gonna save up and buy packs when the games start and grind during the rest. Good job on getting to 200, 250 is right around the corner. I'm around 150 wins for all head to head teams.
Old 03-23-2017, 02:14 AM   #192
briancecilrn

Default NBA Live Mobile- Anyone Play?

Quote:
I think I'm gonna get a gold campus player soon from the league achievements so that is good timing but the rest is just too annoying. I have about 88k in coins and I'm just gonna save up and buy packs when the games start and grind during the rest. Good job on getting to 200, 250 is right around the corner. I'm around 150 wins for all head to head teams.

Regarding the H2H topic, to get the Harden master it says 250 H2H Wins, is that referring to 250 quarter wins or actual H2H full game wins? Because if its full game wins then I have A LONG WAY to go, lol hoping it means 1/4s.

For the Russ master 95 ovr I am only missing 3 Head To Head collectibles. Pic added below, do you guys have any idea how I can track how many more H2H wins I need to finish this? Thanks.

Old 03-23-2017, 11:22 AM   #193
dasiegel

It is definitely quarters so you're ok! As far as the Westbrook there isn't really a way to track it because it's about how much you win by and fan voting. You have to get 3 more fan tiers basically in order to get the Westbrook... it's gonna be a grind. If I were you I'd work on the mobile madness stuff and campus heroes and save the Wesbtrook for a project when the promo is over. It's just not worth taking all the time right now bc it's gonna take you a few weeks if you play at the level I do. Even if you're playing more than I am at least a week of mostly head to head.

That was really interesting to finally go to a blog as see how crazy some of the guys are on there. Auction houses, lineups, trading, selling it was almost like a maniacal version of here lol. What is cool is that some of my lineups are better than some people on there.

I used $100 (not real cash) to buy the Sweet 16 pack today... no elites. Then I used the 100k I saved up to buy the 10 item pack... no elites. So basically I have completely struck out all promo and now have 1,000 coins lol. I think I'm gonna go for the Melo 2Way 90. I can't see myself getting further than that but I hope I'm wrong. Maybe I'll be able to get another elite but again, these aren't sellable so it's way worse than CNY and i can't use most 84-86 elites.

One thing that was cool was that my team in the league mode is ranked in the mid 6,000s. We are really good but not everyone plays. Yesterday we played a top 1,000 team and the guy on the other team wanted to recruit me, lol. I think I'm gonna join them.
Old 03-23-2017, 01:40 PM   #194
Devi8or

I ended up buying the Elite 16 player today with game cash, got a round of 16 Brandon Ingram (88), bought the 40k coin pack, got pretty much nothing, then traded 10 gold round of 64 players and got an elite round of 64 Jodie Meeks (86)

I really need to get an elite round of 32 still so I can upgrade my Steph
Old 03-23-2017, 02:06 PM   #195
dasiegel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devi8or View Post
I ended up buying the Elite 16 player today with game cash, got a round of 16 Brandon Ingram (88), bought the 40k coin pack, got pretty much nothing, then traded 10 gold round of 64 players and got an elite round of 64 Jodie Meeks (86)

I really need to get an elite round of 32 still so I can upgrade my Steph
yea they are just so damn hard to get. I see myself getting a 32 for sure but getting a 16 will be tough and no way will i touch elite 8 or better which will probably be 92,94 and 96 players.

By the way I play those stupid Lebron Supremacy things and I am closer to friggin 99 Durant than Lebron. I don't know how anyone has completed that set. I still haven't completed a single Award Winners, Titleholders or Int'l set lol. and most of those players wouldn't help my team anyway.
Old 03-23-2017, 02:13 PM   #196
Devi8or

Quote:
yea they are just so damn hard to get. I see myself getting a 32 for sure but getting a 16 will be tough and no way will i touch elite 8 or better which will probably be 92,94 and 96 players.

By the way I play those stupid Lebron Supremacy things and I am closer to friggin 99 Durant than Lebron. I don't know how anyone has completed that set. I still haven't completed a single Award Winners, Titleholders or Int'l set lol. and most of those players wouldn't help my team anyway.
Yeah I'm one award away from an award winner, 1 offense and 1 defense away from LeBron. Pretty sure with the amount of times I've played those, I'll never get one lol

I'll probably burn this round of 16 Brandon Ingram if I can get my round of 32 upgrade. He's an 88 overall in a spot where I have an 87 Kawhi, so I think I'd rather just get the upgraded steph in the end
Old 03-23-2017, 02:17 PM   #197
csrockerzero

Quote:

Appreciate the praise. I've spent somewhere around $15. On Reddit, you can find people willing to sell coins for $2-$3 per million. It comes in handy for the promos, but I admit that it has taken some of the fun out of the game. The grinding may seem endless otherwise, but the journey is really what the game is all about!

Give me your Deng cards!
Old 03-23-2017, 04:41 PM   #198
dasiegel

Quote:
Originally Posted by csrockerzero View Post
Appreciate the praise. I've spent somewhere around $15. On Reddit, you can find people willing to sell coins for $2-$3 per million. It comes in handy for the promos, but I admit that it has taken some of the fun out of the game. The grinding may seem endless otherwise, but the journey is really what the game is all about!
Totally agree and I don't judge and love to hear all the stories but I'm gonna grind my way 100% even though some players will allude me for months becasue of it. How does the reddit deal work and how does a guy transfer that money to you?
Old 03-23-2017, 04:57 PM   #199
Devi8or

Quote:
Totally agree and I don't judge and love to hear all the stories but I'm gonna grind my way 100% even though some players will allude me for months becasue of it. How does the reddit deal work and how does a guy transfer that money to you?
I'm assuming you put a player/item up on the Auction block for a ridiculous amount and the person buys it from you, only way I can think that money transfer works in game
Old 03-23-2017, 07:31 PM   #200
fazzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devi8or View Post
I'm assuming you put a player/item up on the Auction block for a ridiculous amount and the person buys it from you, only way I can think that money transfer works in game

That's exactly how it works. I've sold MUT coins this same way.
fazzle is online now   Reply With Quote