Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 12-17-2017, 01:47 AM   #1426
ShtHairMcGee

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosetequila View Post
I hate you

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Dont make me drive over there amd buy the rest!!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Mouschi Customs: 2...and counting
ShtHairMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 01:47 AM   #1427
moosetequila

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShtHairMcGee View Post
Dont make me drive over there amd buy the rest!!

Tons left here and his Modesto shop

moosetequila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 01:49 AM   #1428
moosetequila

My Tatum and Mitchell coalition was busted too. Pulled Tatum bases and no Mitchell of any kind.
Old 12-17-2017, 01:56 AM   #1429
ShtHairMcGee

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosetequila View Post
Tons left here and his Modesto shop

Modesto's not too far off. 2 hours for cellos...hmmmm...

Old 12-17-2017, 01:56 AM   #1430
moosetequila

Quote:
Modesto's not too far off. 2 hours for cellos...hmmmm...

Closed Sundays...

Old 12-17-2017, 02:19 AM   #1431
gottagitdemjs

Hopefully they only do one shipment of this stuff. Silver values have dropped like crazy the past couple days (Tatums were selling in the $600 range a few weeks ago. I just saw one on eBay BIN for $274). Hopefully once the product has dried up, they'll start to go back up.
The Chiefs win a Super Bowl.......FINALLY!!!...3X!!! BACK TO BACK!!!
gottagitdemjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 02:23 AM   #1432
ShtHairMcGee

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottagitdemjs View Post
Hopefully they only do one shipment of this stuff. Silver values have dropped like crazy the past couple days (Tatums were selling in the $600 range a few weeks ago. I just saw one on eBay BIN for $274). Hopefully once the product has dried up, they'll start to go back up.
I'm far from an expert, but I FEEL like this will be the case. Always the race to the bottom. Then a big fat lull where prices climb up...especially based on what those players are doing. I'm hopeful. As much as I want to sell a couple silvers, I'm just gonna play the waiting game till after Christmas when people have moneh again.

Old 12-17-2017, 02:41 AM   #1433
shaqfan2

Any word on SoCal? Checking local Targets/Wal Mart with no luck seeing any Prizm at all. Not even a trace of the prices on shelves.

Last edited by shaqfan2; 12-17-2017 at 02:44 AM.
shaqfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 03:16 AM   #1434
slum22

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaqfan2 View Post
Any word on SoCal? Checking local Targets/Wal Mart with no luck seeing any Prizm at all. Not even a trace of the prices on shelves.
Negative in my part of SoCal. Checked Walmart in the AM and Target tonight. Nada.
slum22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 03:39 AM   #1435
tmar214

Walmarts were stocked in vegas but nothing at target.

Walmart only had blasters and cello packs no 24 pack boxes. Honestly not worth the effort. Ran around for a few hours to get a little bit (seems 6 blasters and ~10 cello packs is all they put out at once). Got home and scooped 16 blasters off ebay for 24 bucks each after 10% ebay bucks and the sellers 5% discount on larger orders. Granted the cello packs and retail boxes seem like the better bet if trying to break or flip as they have much larger margins vs what they're selling for online.
tmar214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 06:31 AM   #1436
COMCMax

I wonder how many waves of restocking we see. It had to be one of the biggest retail presales of all time. You would think that would have an effect on retail stores of some sort.
COMCMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 08:09 AM   #1437
solt0131

Quote:
Not only Silvers, but look at the drop in RWB Prizms across the board.

solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 08:17 AM   #1438
oldgoldy97

The stuff isn’t that scare. Prices were artificially high to begin with.

Has anyone attempted to figure out print runs on all the different colors?
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 08:26 AM   #1439
Aquagolf70

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetailChamp View Post
For anyone in Central Florida, I hit up the Targets near I-4:

SODO (Orlando)
Millenia
Davenport
Lakeland

Not a single one of them had anything. Lots of old product, not sure they ever restock in any of those locations.
Did you score at Casselberry or Altamonte? I found two loose retail packs in a different gravity feeder at Altamonte. Somebody must've moved them. I noticed a few stores had Contenders/Optic football so they were likely stocked, just got beat.

Side note, did you find any Bowman Mega at those locations this year? I spent a lot of time looking and nadda!
Aquagolf70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 08:28 AM   #1440
CitizunKane

I've been pretty much shut out after opening ~45 regular packs and 25 cellos. Best card may be a RWB LeBron, a green Prizm Klay Thompson Fundamentals, or a silver Prizm Westbrook. It's been that bad.

It's all about the collation. I keep getting the same 50-100 cards over and over. I must have hit a vein of Matthew Dellavedova silver Prizms - already found 3, two of them in the same cello!

I have 4 blasters and a handful of cellos remaining, which I'll probably open. Despite the lack of success, it's been a fun rip. I just wish the collation was better so that I could have a chance at a base set. Without any of the rookies - not a single Tatum, Mitchell, Ball, Fultz, Smith Jr., etc. - that's not going to happen.
CitizunKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 08:38 AM   #1441
bubba300

Are there any current target discount codes that you can have txt to your phone?
bubba300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 08:44 AM   #1442
solt0131

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba300 View Post
Are there any current target discount codes that you can have txt to your phone?
No, they expired at midnight last night.

Old 12-17-2017, 08:55 AM   #1443
bubba300

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
No, they expired at midnight last night.

Thanks for the info...

The local excel rep stocks our area on Sunday's...gonna be making the rounds today!
bubba300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 09:21 AM   #1444
auctionjmm

Quote:
Quote:
I'm far from an expert, but I FEEL like this will be the case. Always the race to the bottom. Then a big fat lull where prices climb up...especially based on what those players are doing. I'm hopeful. As much as I want to sell a couple silvers, I'm just gonna play the waiting game till after Christmas when people have moneh again.

Anybody who is holding silver prizms or waiting for the market to go up even higher is going to be very disappointed. One year ago we would have been jumping over each other to sell silvers for the prices they are selling today.

The silver Prizm explosion just happened about 4 months ago. Prior to that, silvers were treated the same way as any other common parallel. I could buy common rookie silvers out of .50 cent boxes at card shows all day. As a dealer myself, I had plenty of them in mine. With the exception of the top 1 or 2 names in each draft class, silvers have been nothing special.

This recent explosion has made people crazy and now lofty expectations are everywhere. Instead of being happy with $10-$20 for commons we are acting mad that they are so low, when a year ago those same cards would have maybe got a .99 cent bid at auction.

IMO, now is the time to sell, sell, sell. Aggressively. Dump everything you have now and rebuy later. This market was bound to crash as quickly as it jumped, and I shouldn't even use the word "crash" because at no other point in Prizm history would we be selling Jonathan Isaac, Malik Monk, John Collins, Zach Collins, Bam Adebayo, Frank Jackson, Jordan Bell, Harry Giles, Justin Patton, OG Anunoby, Justin Jackson, and Jarrett Allen for THESE prices. It is absolutely absurd. TAKE YOUR MONEY AND RUN!!!!!!!!
auctionjmm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 09:28 AM   #1445
solt0131

Quote:
Originally Posted by auctionjmm View Post
Anybody who is holding silver prizms or waiting for the market to go up even higher is going to be very disappointed. One year ago we would have been jumping over each other to sell silvers for the prices they are selling today.

The silver Prizm explosion just happened about 4 months ago. Prior to that, silvers were treated the same way as any other common parallel. I could buy common rookie silvers out of .50 cent boxes at card shows all day. As a dealer myself, I had plenty of them in mine. With the exception of the top 1 or 2 names in each draft class, silvers have been nothing special.

This recent explosion has made people crazy and now lofty expectations are everywhere. Instead of being happy with $10-$20 for commons we are acting mad that they are so low, when a year ago those same cards would have maybe got a .99 cent bid at auction.

IMO, now is the time to sell, sell, sell. Aggressively. Dump everything you have now and rebuy later. This market was bound to crash as quickly as it jumped, and I shouldn't even use the word "crash" because at no other point in Prizm history would we be selling Jonathan Isaac, Malik Monk, John Collins, Zach Collins, Bam Adebayo, Frank Jackson, Jordan Bell, Harry Giles, Justin Patton, OG Anunoby, Justin Jackson, and Jarrett Allen for THESE prices. It is absolutely absurd. TAKE YOUR MONEY AND RUN!!!!!!!!

Exactly how much retail did you open? It had to be a lot based on your listings on eBay.
Old 12-17-2017, 09:36 AM   #1446
Cavs16

Quote:

Relax it’s just cards...it’s a fun thing to do. It’s not peoples retirement plans, if you want to cause fear go over to stock boards or go buy some bitcoins. In the words of Aaron Rogers “relax”....just enjoy the hobby.
Cavs16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 09:47 AM   #1447
RogerGodahell
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavs16 View Post
Relax it’s just cards...it’s a fun thing to do. It’s not peoples retirement plans, if you want to cause fear go over to stock boards or go buy some bitcoins. In the words of Aaron Rogers “relax”....just enjoy the hobby.
Agreed. Some people are so focused on the money aspect of cards. Just relax. I didn’t start collecting cards to make money. If my cards are worthless oh well...been there before 1980’s
RogerGodahell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 10:21 AM   #1448
auctionjmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavs16 View Post
For YOU maybe, but this is my business, this isn't my hobby, I don't collect, and there are many other shop owners and full time dealers in this thread who are more interested in the business side of things. And for them, this IS their retirement plan. The full time dealers I work with don't have 401Ks. They are stashing graded cards for retirement.

And it's not fear. The market is HOT right now. I'm simply passing down the advice to sell now and capitalize like any good business/investor would and buy again when things settle and there is a better chance for appreciation.

This thread is 58 pages long and you have 3 posts so maybe you should read the other 58 pages before jumping on me. Very few people are in here talking about the intrinsic value of their collections. 90% of this thread and this board in general is money driven. You'll learn that quickly.
auctionjmm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 10:24 AM   #1449
ThoseBackPages

Quote:

this man knows.
Politics, Religion, Third Party Grading, and 2021 Bowman's Best Rookie Cards
ThoseBackPages is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 10:25 AM   #1450
ThoseBackPages

as for "one shipment", WHY would Panini do that?
Politics, Religion, Third Party Grading, and 2021 Bowman's Best Rookie Cards
ThoseBackPages is online now   Reply With Quote