Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > Topps Now & The Living Sets

Notices

Topps Now & The Living Sets Post your Topps Now Hobby Talk

Old 01-02-2018, 06:56 PM   #26
speedyjg13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoseBackPages View Post
Happy New Year fellas!

will Topps do away with base Topps Now cards this year?
Sure hope so, would be nice to see it go to all auto, even if you skip a few days between autos.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/speedyjg13/albums
speedyjg13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 07:31 PM   #27
TheWrightStuff

TheWrightStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:00 AM   #28
joejoemay

Now that the Holidays are over I should be able to post a bit more...and open up the buyers club again to include the Premier League Cards. I have been collecting these just because the Now program fascinates me. So please forgive this American's ignorance when it comes to PL...I've never watch a complete match but just like MLS I have started to watch more of the sport because of Now cards. This by no means says I indorse the PL set as an investment...no one seems to buy these from Topps to flip them on eBay except for one Twinsjake and from what I understand only a few people are consistent buyers. Besides me I think there are only one or two complete 2016 - Today PL sets...and as you all should know there are only 15 possible sets out there. Cut that down to under 10 because I own 5 of those cards....Anyway if you want PL cards get a message to me ASAP and I will get them to you at $6 each. (You have less then 5 Hours.
Now on to the actual review of the card: Swansea City had become a power house after winning the Football League Cup for the 2012-13 Season...Something even a uninformed American like me had heard about. It was kind of like the Cubs winning the WS in 2016. Since then though they are not doing all that great. Anyway just like in Baseball and MLS Team cards are on the low end and unless they print real low it won't be worth much. They will not print low by the way as I am buying and by low I mean under 30. Look for this to print 41 cards. --joejoemay
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ToppsNow
joejoemay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:19 AM   #29
tribefan26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoseBackPages View Post
Happy New Year fellas!

will Topps do away with base Topps Now cards this year?
They sold well over a million Base Cards last year and mint money on them. The highest PR ever was toward the end of the year. I can’t see them walking away from that.
tribefan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:24 AM   #30
joejoemay

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribefan26 View Post
They sold well over a million Base Cards last year and mint money on them. The highest PR ever was toward the end of the year. I can’t see them walking away from that.
That is a silly question...the question should be will Topps do away with other products and just do Now cards!
Old 01-05-2018, 11:26 AM   #31
joejoemay

Attachment 400955

Many wonder why Topps keeps doing PL cards with the insanely low PRs out there. I have a theory based on some facts that I picked up as a Platinum Topps Now member. "Jeeves" as he is called on the Blowout boards buy Now Enthusiast is a Topps​ employee who is a Platinum Member's go to guy if they have issues with an order or any number of questions about the program. We don't use his real name because it's just fun to use Jeeves when talking about him...anyway Jeeves is pretty high on the pecking order at Topps when it comes to their on-line products and he is a huge PL and MLS fan. So I think he has been a vocal proponent of this line. European card collectors are nothing like Americans if there even is such an animal so it may take a while for this to catch on and when it does LOOKOUT...one last thing on the sets. Fans are extremely loyal to "Their" team so there will never be many full set collectors. With that in mind you have Card #95 Ragnar Klavan for Liverpool. A hugely followed team and a guy doing something no other Estonian has ever done! (Side note...if you never been to Estonia I suggest it especially around the Holidays; it's beautiful). Last thing on this card...they guys name is "Ragnar", like in Ragnar Lodbrok! I am buying a ton of these for that reason alone!
As always get your orders in before time expires on the website or miss out--joejoemay

Last edited by joejoemay; 08-09-2018 at 03:30 PM.
Old 01-05-2018, 11:49 AM   #32
mlbfan10

Got a few new additions to the NOW PC today! So pumped about the Goldy as its my first jewel piece!!

Old 01-05-2018, 12:19 PM   #33
Darth Bryzzo
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyjg13 View Post
Sure hope so, would be nice to see it go to all auto, even if you skip a few days between autos.
From a collector standpoint, absolutely would not want to see this happen and think there is less than zero chance of it happening anytime soon.

The base cards are the backbone and lifeblood of the line. The autos and relics are flashy adornments, which are often massively overpriced and usually have serious value maintenance issues.

The base cards certainly aren’t cheap either, relative to what they are and how many there are, and some don’t hold up terribly well value-wise over time either, but if you buy them on eBay day of announcement from the big buyers/resellers, it’s pretty cost-effective and you can avoid getting way underwater on them.
Darth Bryzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 03:32 PM   #34
Lawmaker

Hey Joe-

Relatively new on the board. Can you explain in more detail about what your service is? I am looking to get on board considering I bought a ton of topps now last year.

THanks
Lawmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 03:54 PM   #35
notoriousrmb

Very disappointed that I see new Soccer and other Topps Now cards, but not UFC. Figured they would have cards from each pay per view, the print runs were higher than soccer and WWE cards but those are still made...
notoriousrmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 02:41 PM   #36
joejoemay

Quote:
Originally Posted by notoriousrmb View Post
Very disappointed that I see new Soccer and other Topps Now cards, but not UFC. Figured they would have cards from each pay per view, the print runs were higher than soccer and WWE cards but those are still made...
Could be a licensing issue. I’ll ask.
Old 01-06-2018, 02:45 PM   #37
joejoemay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawmaker View Post
Hey Joe-

Relatively new on the board. Can you explain in more detail about what your service is? I am looking to get on board considering I bought a ton of topps now last year.

THanks
I charge $5.50 a card unless you commit to buy all cards then I drop it to $5. I buy in bulk and pay up front. I invoice you at the end of the month and once you paid up and the cards arrive from Topps I ship them too you. That is the down and dirty. A few more benefits come with it like bonus cards if the card triggers one etc. I will get a nice note and post it before spring training cards are live.
Old 01-06-2018, 02:48 PM   #38
joejoemay

So saw these digital cards today...could this be 2018

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-06-2018, 02:51 PM   #39
joejoemay

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejoemay View Post

So saw these digital cards today...could this be 2018

FYI I can’t stand Bunt digital cards!

Old 01-06-2018, 05:53 PM   #40
notoriousrmb

Quote:
Could be a licensing issue. I’ll ask.
Would greatly appreciate it! Been picking up UFC cards from all the previous PPV's as well. Funny that they stopped making these around the same time they stopped making new cards on their digital app as well. A licensing issue would make sense on both ends.
Old 01-07-2018, 10:58 PM   #41
Fsegaud

So what will the first Judge autograph go for....talking about /99's...are they going to try to stick at $250? No more RC logo so maybe $200?
Fsegaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 11:09 PM   #42
NorCalSCM

Quote:

Many wonder why Topps keeps doing PL cards with the insanely low PRs out there. I have a theory based on some facts that I picked up as a Platinum Topps Now member. "Jeeves" as he is called on the Blowout boards buy Now Enthusiast is a Topps​ employee who is a Platinum Member's go to guy if they have issues with an order or any number of questions about the program. We don't use his real name because it's just fun to use Jeeves when talking about him...anyway Jeeves is pretty high on the pecking order at Topps when it comes to their on-line products and he is a huge PL and MLS fan. So I think he has been a vocal proponent of this line. European card collectors are nothing like Americans if there even is such an animal so it may take a while for this to catch on and when it does LOOKOUT...one last thing on the sets. Fans are extremely loyal to "Their" team so there will never be many full set collectors. With that in mind you have Card #95 Ragnar Klavan for Liverpool. A hugely followed team and a guy doing something no other Estonian has ever done! (Side note...if you never been to Estonia I suggest it especially around the Holidays; it's beautiful). Last thing on this card...they guys name is "Ragnar", like in Ragnar Lodbrok! I am buying a ton of these for that reason alone!
As always get your orders in before time expires on the website or miss out--joejoemay
I was surprised to see someone at that level performing the role of Jeeves. Great choice on Topps part. He has done a great job for them.
Old 01-08-2018, 11:22 AM   #43
notoriousrmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fsegaud View Post
So what will the first Judge autograph go for....talking about /99's...are they going to try to stick at $250? No more RC logo so maybe $200?
Judge is so 2017. Look for Ohtani autos starting at $799 to kick off Spring Training 2018.
Old 01-08-2018, 11:27 AM   #44
cj828282

Can Topps use the RC symbol for Ohtani in the Spring Training sets since he has not yet played in an official MLB game?
cj828282 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 11:29 AM   #45
Darth Bryzzo
Inactive Account

Quote:
Judge is so 2017. Look for Ohtani autos starting at $799 to kick off Spring Training 2018.
Double Bubble seems more and more apropos all the time.

Last edited by Darth Bryzzo; 01-08-2018 at 01:27 PM.
Darth Bryzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 09:31 PM   #46
mlbfan10

If legit, wow

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-2-2017-To...AAAOSwW9dZ2P9Y
Old 01-08-2018, 10:17 PM   #47
justbasecards

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbfan10 View Post
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...557&rmvSB=true
justbasecards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 05:04 AM   #48
joejoemay

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalSCM View Post
I was surprised to see someone at that level performing the role of Jeeves. Great choice on Topps part. He has done a great job for them.
Not 100% sure of his title but I think he is #2 behind one other in the on-line area. Having him run the role of Jeeves though was perfect and I would say hands down one of the biggest perks of Platinum status.

FYI; anyone going to the Transcendent Party? Paul at Casebusters has graciously allowed me to attend (though I won't be getting any swag) on one of his tickets. I will be there chatting Topps Now to all who will listen...and so stoked about meeting Hank Aaron.
Old 01-09-2018, 02:46 PM   #49
joejoemay

Quote:
Would greatly appreciate it! Been picking up UFC cards from all the previous PPV's as well. Funny that they stopped making these around the same time they stopped making new cards on their digital app as well. A licensing issue would make sense on both ends.
"We still will offer UFC Topps Now but only for the biggest events. We will likely do a few of the biggest fights in 2018."
Old 01-09-2018, 06:46 PM   #50
mlbfan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbasecards View Post
Right, looks like the BIN was hit.