AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

Notices

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Old 04-10-2018, 11:29 AM   #76
dd316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaman View Post
Really L3-37? "Leet" as in Elite, aka gamer slang? They're using way to many puns and memes now.

Rosie Rivetta from TLJ was another lame one
I like it, it's fun. It's better than just pulling something random out of the air.

The OT had plenty of names that were tuckerizations of cast and crew. Of course a lot weren't named until many years later, though.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:00 PM   #77
Sharard

Well guess my Denny’s there are not to many Star Wars fan.. they said hardly anyone has bought packs. We bought 15 with 2 meals... real good mix. Was able to get 2 full sets from the 15 packs. Even the left overs, no repeats. Think we will be eating Denny’s a bit. No foil though.
Sharard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 03:25 PM   #78
Scottish Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharard View Post
Well guess my Denny’s there are not to many Star Wars fan.. they said hardly anyone has bought packs. We bought 15 with 2 meals... real good mix. Was able to get 2 full sets from the 15 packs. Even the left overs, no repeats. Think we will be eating Denny’s a bit. No foil though.
I was able to buy eight when I was there. I got the impression not too many people were requesting them and she was more than happy to unload whatever and ignore the 3 per person max. I am going to get some more on saturday.

I got one set and four dupes, so it seemed like good collation to me. No foils though. I am going to try to finish off the second set and call it good. I am not sure the foils are worth trying to get. Ebay pricing is outrageous for them right now. Even at "half off" current ebay prices, the 12 cards would run over $1500. Not even remotely worth it at those price points.
Scottish Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 05:53 PM   #79
galar

At the denny's I go to, they have let me buy the cards without any other purchase or limits. Also, when I can, I just take the packs sequentially from the box. I assume they are pretty much going to be in order and so far it has held true (i.e. 6-packs in a row is one set).
galar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 10:03 AM   #80
Vargaman

Who'd have guessed that promo parallel cards from a diner would be more valuable than 99% of non-hit cards from the last 3-4 years of hobby releases? Lol

I'm really curious on the print run here. Anyone know how many packs each store got? We could get close if we assumed like 100 per store and then according to Google there's 1,593 locations, so only 133 foil sets, assuming they were evenly made. They aren't numbered, right?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

star wars hit tracker spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t?usp=drivesdk
Vargaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 08:20 PM   #81
jdandns

My cousin tells me there's no limit at his local Denny's. I gave him a 20% discount card from one of the packs and asked to pick me up 5 packs, so I should get those tomorrow. Hoping for those last 3 cards I need for my set in there, and obviously, a foil. If I can finish the set, I'll be good with my 11 total packs. Whatever, I had an 11% chance at a foil, all things being equal, and that's good enough for me. The cups with the Falcon topper are pretty cool, but I've already got too much of that kind of stuff.
Old 04-19-2018, 10:12 AM   #82
ForceChange77

Topps guy on twitter said that checklist wont come out until May 25 due to alleged Disney embargo. That isn't unheard of, but with all the characters' names being released already, it seems overkill.
ForceChange77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 10:42 AM   #83
Vargaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceChange77 View Post
Topps guy on twitter said that checklist wont come out until May 25 due to alleged Disney embargo. That isn't unheard of, but with all the characters' names being released already, it seems overkill.
None of the restrictions on cards make sense. I remember how rare it was for TFA images to be used for Topps when any store you went to on Force Friday 9/1 has TONS of merch and posters and stuff with the amd images Topps wasn't allowed to show.

I could understand the base card checklist not being shown as card titles could give plot details away, but the signers are really what anyone care about and I'm 99% sure anyone they've got we have either seen already in some action figure or comic or is so un-relevant that no one could possibly care (trooper #5).
Old 04-19-2018, 12:26 PM   #84
PoPCulture

Quote:
I can understand it. It’s not only character names and images but the titles of the movie scene cards that would be listed on a checklist. I’m still sorry that I read the track titles on the back of the TPM soundtrack in 1999 before the movies’ release date.
PoPCulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 12:47 PM   #85
ForceChange77

I understand that, but they could release names of signers without spoiling anything.
ForceChange77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 12:52 PM   #86
Dewman

Quote:
I understand that, but they could release names of signers without spoiling anything.
They want to keep the fact that Paul Kasey is signing as Therm Scissorpunch and 5 other aliens a super secret.
Dewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 01:00 PM   #87
HPZ
Banned

If they actually got a majority of the cast for this like they did for Rogue One, this could be a badass set.

I would say they’ll definitely have Alden and the new Chewbacca. Warwick Davis is in this so he’ll have a card. But the rest are up in the air. Harrelson, Paul Bettany, Glover, Emilia Clarke? What are the chances for each of those guys?

This set could have an amazing auto lineup with even 2/4 I just listed.
HPZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 11:40 PM   #88
joudenjouden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewman View Post
They want to keep the fact that Paul Kasey is signing as Therm Scissorpunch and 5 other aliens a super secret.

Yup, 100% this. They'll sell far more product based on speculation than an actual checklist
joudenjouden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 11:18 AM   #89
jdhaugh11

Topps said on their Facebook page that they have some great news to share for the new Solo cards. Hopefully they actually deliver.

Topps authentics just listed several photos of the star actors, but none of them are signed, so not sure what to take from that.
jdhaugh11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 11:25 AM   #90
galar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhaugh11 View Post
Topps said on their Facebook page that they have some great news to share for the new Solo cards. Hopefully they actually deliver.

Topps authentics just listed several photos of the star actors, but none of them are signed, so not sure what to take from that.
I saw that yesterday, I was hoping for auto announcements.
Old 04-23-2018, 12:21 PM   #91
ifish73

Quote:

The announcement is that Topps knows how tired everyone is about having medallions and patches in all of their products so they will not do that to the dedicated collectors that have stuck with all of the Star Wars releases. In lieu of those cards there will be replica playing card cards and coin cards (not screen used) that will count as hits in the product to pay homage to the gambling scene.
Old 04-23-2018, 01:40 PM   #92
hobbystuff

Quote:

Great news for them or for us? Not the same.
hobbystuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 03:05 PM   #93
galar

So I guess the announcement is a 25 card topps now set?

https://www.topps.com/catalog/produc...ountdownToSolo
Old 04-23-2018, 03:25 PM   #94
Dewman

Quote:
Originally Posted by galar View Post
So I guess the announcement is a 25 card topps now set?

https://www.topps.com/catalog/produc...ountdownToSolo
whoopie. An overpriced set counting down to the movie. It was definately great news for Topps.

Last edited by Dewman; 04-23-2018 at 03:27 PM.
Dewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 03:28 PM   #95
PoPCulture

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbystuff View Post
Great news for them or for us? Not the same.
$250 per set if buying singl cards each day. I’d say this would fall under great news for them.....definitely not for us.
PoPCulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 04:46 PM   #96
jamesr

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPCulture View Post
$250 per set if buying singl cards each day. I’d say this would fall under great news for them.....definitely not for us.
Definitely a group buy or not at all. I'm going to pass on this one, might have got suckered in if they'd kept the blue starfield borders.
jamesr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 05:01 PM   #97
jdhaugh11

Yep not the news I wanted to hear!
jdhaugh11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 07:12 PM   #98
Vargaman

Dennys did it better lol. These kind of sets are annoying for a few reasons:

1. Were have the full movie release within days of this ending

2. They're charging $10/card!!!

3. For fixed number sets like this they should offer a buy em all option because last I checked they weren't in the business of shipping to make money

4. This would be better served for a joke movie release like TLJ On Demand.

This type of single day release really shouldn't happen outside of sports where there's some big play or milestone to commemorate. A movie or show are just that and get a set release and it's done.

If anything they should do a legacy/running set going forward, like the digital app had, for galactic moments and have them be for the release in theaters and on DVD and if there some record broken by the film.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

star wars hit tracker spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t?usp=drivesdk
Old 04-23-2018, 07:31 PM   #99
HPZ
Banned

10 dollars per card? I actually can't believe people buy these. I've only been collecting for a few months, but I bet a year down the line you'll be able to buy the whole set for 20 bucks.
HPZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 10:20 PM   #100
moistpaper

Haha cash grab.
moistpaper is offline   Reply With Quote